PDA

View Full Version : More sad news: Dwight Clock

randomrodder
09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I just received the following information "Quote" From a hot rodding forum Peter and I belong to. They have some stock car threads and one of the longer ones is about vintage modifieds. Dwight had posted there twice and I had just PM'd him today to come back because we had another 7 pages worth of posts. This is what I received at the other forum just now.

Do you mean Dwight Clock, who moved from NY to Indiana? If so, I have some very bad news. Dwight passed away last Friday.

RIP Dwight.

If I can get any other information I will post it.

randomrodder
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
This just in:

Dwight was very active on the Indiana Open Wheel message board and loved by everyone. Here is a link to the thread about his passing:
http://indianaopenwheel.com/vmessage...ead.php?t=9076

The Bullfather
09-11-2008, 09:46 PM
How sad to hear this news, I always loved reading his posts. Godspeed.

http://indianaopenwheel.com/vmessageboard/showthread.php?t=9076

RGeeProductions
09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
This is very sad news...
My condolences to Dwight's family.
Loved his stories.......

W. J.
09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Dwight was a great source of information when questions arose over the life of LI Jam, and he contributed much to what we all know today about our Long Island racing history. He will be missed. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Dwight.

unowho243
09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
wow RIP Dwight Going to miss reading thoes old stories!

oldracer
09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Dwight was a great resource of Long Island racing history. His ability to recall races from exact years and even down to months and dates was uncanny. He backed me up on an occassion or two on Long Island racing history statements that I made. He was truly a dedicated racing historian.

Teds Race Tours
09-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Thats Horrible. Dwight had an amazing memory and some wonderful stories. I'll miss him.

RickFigure8
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow, what a shock, such a loss to the racing community. Someone I don't believe I ever met but am sure we walked past each other many times at Islip. Very sad and will be missed here. My condolences to Dwights family.

Rick

Mike McCormack
09-13-2008, 07:09 AM
My exact thought also. Dwight's recounting of events and details at Islip,
made you think he was standing or sitting next to you, on those magical
summer nights.
Someone I never met, and regret I did not email some of my memories to
him for addition to his oral histories.

RIP Dwight Clock

Jaws
09-14-2008, 10:08 AM
I am stunned, I never met Dwight but wrote back an forth to him many times.

Like I said, I never met him but I feel like I knew him through his great racing stories.

In this internet age its easy to be anonymous and impersonal but Dwight was just the opposite.

His stories were great to read and always so enjoyable.

We will never got a chance meet at the track and swap stores, I guess that will be in another place.

Rest in peace my friend, you will be missed. I hope you knew you great stories brought back many great memories for all who read them.

Jaws
09-14-2008, 10:17 AM
By the way can we get this moved up to general info and made a sticky at the top?

RIP Dwight.

RickFigure8
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Jaws, that's so true about meeting and swapping stories. On here, in emails, you mention a story and a day or two or three you get a reply. To have met in person and been able to chat for a while in real time would have been so awesome, and now the chance of that happening is gone. It's really good we have this tiny corner of the internet to spread our stories and show our photos that might otherwise be only known to ourselves.

Rick

Golf Guy
09-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Loved to read all the stories he would post. I think in a recent post he mentioned he might be heading back up to NY, I was really looking forward to meeting him. Rest in peace, you will be missed here by the JAM family.

art11758
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow, what a shock, such a loss to the racing community. Someone I don't believe I ever met but am sure we walked past each other many times at Islip. Very sad and will be missed here. My condolences to Dwights family.

Rick

My sentiments exactly. I was just talking about him to my kids the other day, since I too had some questions I'm sure he could have answered.
RIP Dwight.

Art Bichsel

randomrodder
09-15-2008, 10:40 AM
The link no longer works nor do the links you might find on a search. You will have to become a member of Midnightmadness.com to find out anymore information. I believe the site was inundated with hits.

RickFigure8
09-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Try this link. You should be able to read all the posts without registering. As new threads get started and pages move around the links change.
http://indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=9076

capitalcity300
09-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Racers Prayer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord,
Before I start my engine I need to talk to you,
As ask you humbly your blessings for what I'm about to do,
I give you all the Credit for it's only by your Grace
That I have reached this starting line to run another race.
The road that lies before me now
Uncertain it may be
But I can face this challenge Lord
If you will ride with me.
Prepare my heart and give me strength
Protect me from all harm,
With ever present danger, hold me safely in your arms.
Lord Bless thy competition, my friends and family,
May they know your love for them
And see that love in me.
Please guide my way, direct my path
Keepy my perspective true,
And Lord remind me if this Life
Only one Road leads to you.
And should I cross life's finish line,
Please know I've done my best,
Oh Lord have mercy on my soul and grant eternal Rest.
I pray your perfect will be done for when I see your Face
Lord all that you will Judge me on is how I've run the race.
Amen

Written by pup on 08-06-2003, 12:03 PM
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/racers-prayer-20850.html

capitalcity300
09-18-2008, 04:33 AM
Try this link. You should be able to read all the posts without registering. As new threads get started and pages move around the links change.
http://indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=9076

Here's two more links.

http://australianspeedway.com/forums/midgets/21310-r-i-p-dwight-clock/#post466635

www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=9162

capitalcity300
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
New information on Dwight Clock's death and funeral.

Dwight Clock has posted answers to old auto racing history questions from all over the world and was well liked by everyone.
He will be greatly missed by everyone. He knew his racing history.
Has an obituary been posted anywhere for Dwight Clock? I checked the Indianapolis Star as well as the Marion Chronicle-Tribune and found nothing.
Do you have new information on Dwight Clock's death and funeral.
# 1. Date of death? Date and location of Birth?
# 2. Location and caused of death?
# 3. Cremated?
# 4. Date of Burial? Location of Cemetery?
# 5. Got any (head shot) photos of Dwight Clock to shared with forum members and guests?
# 6. Did Dwight Clock raced any race cars and do you have any his race photos to shared with forum members and guests?
Thank you very much for any information and photos given.
Capitalcity300
Dennis Garrett
================================================== ========
The following information on Dwight Clock's death and funeral was given by his sister, Carol Olive.
#1 Date of death was 9/03/2008
Birth date 8/17/48 Location Bay Shore, NY. USA
#2 Location of death was in his house
Cause of death was his heart
#3 Yes, he was cremated
#4 Date of burial will be 10/10/2008 at Calverton, NY. USA at 2pm
#5 I don't have any recent pictures but will see if my brother Russ has any.
Please feel free to post this information on any site. If anyone has any questions on the service they can contact me, Carol Olive at 1-239-634-6857.

capitalcity300
10-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Dwight Clock photo link

The following photo of Dwight Clock was posted here by itsanonwingthing. I forgot I took this photo of Dwight Clock at the ORP PRA race last year. He was involved with the PRA somehow, and would always contact Jason or Jason with questions brought up by IOW'ers, about upcoming PRA races.

http://www.indianaopenwheel.com/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=5

See post #104.
http://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=9076&highlight=Dwight+Clock&page=11\

Captain History
10-15-2008, 04:00 AM
That's a total shock after being away from the computer for over a month. My thoughts and prayers are with Dwight's family and friends. He'll certainly be missed.