PDA

View Full Version : No penalty?

Ka$h25
09-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Might possibly be the first time a driver was cuffed after one event, and raced in the next. There wasn't any official punishment, but I suppose karma took care of it.

Congrats to the 22. :cheers:

W. J.
09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Any likely penalty would have been for last week's race date, which was rained out. NASCAR penalties are for "date to date", and therefore would have been served during the rainout. It's happened before, and it may happen again. Sometimes Mother Nature can work in your favor, whether you're a driver or car owner.

Now let's move on.

RACENUT
09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I Guess The Track Is Saying It's Ok To Fight And Drink In The Pits You Will Not Be Suspended Or Is That Only For A Select Few. I Guess Somebody Higher Up Made Sure Justice Was Served And Tommy Would Not Win The Championship.

KickItUp
09-14-2008, 12:56 PM
To be fair, there are quite a few drivers, and owners for that matter, fighting after the features. Especially lately. Many of those are not penalized as well.. I am not allowed to comment on one major fight earlier in the season, that didn't result in anything at all, when jail time should have been served, and drivers and owners should have been suspended. So, it goes all ways at Riverhead. Circumstances play a bigger part in being penalized or not. Not everything you see on the surface is what you really see.. I speak from experience here.

Besides, in this incident I believe you speak about, the other driver involved was not penalized either. So, seems fair enough to me. And, there were many fists thrown, or attempting to be thrown that same night, and no one else decided to call the cops. It's like saying, Ma, he's hitting me. If anyone should have called police, it was the dude who was getting his car kicked and was busted on by someone also involved in the latter incident. Plus another driver as well. So fair is out the window here in my opinion. If one was thrown out, at least 3 other drivers should have been tossed as well. And from what I saw, all the drivers involved in all of the fighting, were all accounted for this past weekend.

And I will also add, there are many many people in all divisions, drivers and crews, and fans, drinking after their race ends. Notice those red cups? So, if you want to bust on one, bust on them all, throw out half the pits.

Know what else? You can go out to the other side and drink all night long so long as you have cash. Drivers can too. So what's the difference anymore, go out and drink to your heart's desire and then either race that way, or have a drink to settle down afterwards in a supposed contained enviornment. I know rules are rules, but honestly, they are not. How many posts have there been regarding the lack of rule enforcement.

Ka$h25
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Well that is why I didn't bring up fighting or any specific incidents. If a driver is arrested after one event, he shouldn't be racing in the next. If the counterpart was put in a handcuffs, then sure suspend him or his driver as well.

I was simply pointing out that I thought it was outrageous that he was arrested one night, racing the next. Like W.J said, maybe he was suspended by NASCAR for one week and that would of made him eligible for this weeks race. However Riverhead could of issued a one race suspension as well. But I don't think anyone would expect that.

I wasn't trying to spark debate, I'm more then satisfied with the outcome.:applause:

RickFigure8
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
You can't compare the two levels. A person is considered innocent until a guilty conviction is passed on. You can't issue a sentence on the racetrack level because of a criminal case that has not gone to trial yet. Do I feel a "sentence" should have been handed down on the track level for what happened at the track, of course I do. It should for all serious incidents that happen. There should be "real" security in the pits, three or four people. When was the last time two drivers were invited by the officials to have a little cooling down chat, has that happened at all this year? In the figure8 feature last night one driver was warned by an official to back off and calm down or else. He did, and had a good finish.

Rick