PDA

View Full Version : my grandfather

leah28racing
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
my grandfather and Barry Estler

rydogg97
09-19-2008, 06:41 PM
grandfather was a great driver never to be forgotten.

capitalcity300
09-19-2008, 11:39 PM
my grandfather and Barry Estler

I'm an old Jam race fan from Virginia, learning about the good old N.Y. racing history. :cheers: :wave:

I need some information on the photo of your grandfather and Barry Estler. :confused: :help:

#1. What is your grandfather's name?? :confused: :help:
#2. Is both race drivers still living?? :confused: :help:
#3. Can you shared any information on both drivers old racing history?? :confused: :help:
#4. Can you shared any old photos of both drivers' race cars?? :confused: :help:
Thank you very much for any information given. :cheers:

capitalcity300
09-22-2008, 06:11 AM
grandfather was a great driver never to be forgotten.
I need some information on the photo of the above grandfather and Barry Estler.
#1. What is the grandfather's name??
#2. Is both race drivers still living??
#3. Can you shared any information on both drivers old racing history??
#4. Can you shared any old photos of both drivers' race cars??
Thank you very much for any information given.

Teds Race Tours
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Leah's Grandfather's name is Ernie the Wrench Maynor. While never winning a championship at Islip, he did win 9 races at Islip in what would have to be considered the Most Competitive fields of Figure 8 racing history, and was always near the top of the points standings. Sadly, Ernie left us in 1982.

capitalcity300
09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks rydogg97 and Hampton Jitney very much for information. :cheers: :wave:

Hank Kramer
10-31-2008, 07:48 PM
This is hank kramer #35 ask rodger who he spent all nite & morning with in the islip pits after he came back from good sam.RJ #36 & ernie were arch rivels but ernie & i were friends. i was RJ,s partner.

Ken Resnick
11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Hank ,

Ken Resnick here . Just wanted to say hello after a long time.
To remind you , I was the partner of Ray Theiss, I drove the 03 figure 8 , plumber.

Hope all is well with you as it is a long time no see.

Kenny

Hank Kramer
11-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Great to here from you kenny, your father & i were partners for a while when i was with ray theiss.i met robin voemuller he drove #2 street stock ,at islip & riverhead we were at the north south shootout here in north carolina they have it every year in nov. one of the best modified,sk & supper mods shows you will every see. rj faveau #36 was with me to. i go to LI every summer & stay in bayshore at a friends house.robin still sees some of the people we used to race with,i would love to get together at my friends house

art11758
11-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey Hank! Tell RJ I said hello!!

Artie Bichsel

Ken Resnick
11-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds great Hank, would love to see you in Bay Shore again .
Please keep in touch.

We will be racing enduros at Riverhead again this season.

We go back a long way , I was 17 years young when I drove the 03 figure 8 car that Ray and I built in Farmingdale. I was with him for many years and built several with him . That was 29 years ago when you gave me chewing gum to calm my nerves the first race.

Hope to catch up with you this summer.

Kenny