PDA

View Full Version : Henry 'Hank' Brown Passes

RGeeProductions
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
From Charli B of SIModified.com off MSS forum, Charlie is 'SIModified' here at our forum:

Just want to take a moment and let everyone know my father, Henry 'Hank' Brown lost his battle with Leukemia this morning in his home in Putnam, CT.

Hank was a fixture in the New England racing scene for well over 30 years as a tech inspector for the once new Pro Stock division at Riverside Park Speedway, and later also worked as tech inspector at the Thompson Speedway.

He also gave unlimited amounts of advice to fellow racers concerning chassis setup, while also building some of the strongest Chevrolet Mini Stock motors ever to run at Thompson.

Hank is survived by his wife Jane, sister Carol Gray, and 2 sons Alex and Charles.

Charles is a staff member at Mod Series Scene and also a member of the Whelen Southern Modified Tour community.

Funeral plans are not finished at this time, but the family wishes to publicly thank the Thompson International Speedway for letting us fulfill Hank's last wishes.

My condolences to Charli and his family.

SIModified
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
There is also a signature book in place on the front page of SIModified.com for friends to leave messages...

Thank you.

Precision Auto
09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

randomrodder
09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I passed on the information to the same forum that I originally obtained the imformation on Dwight's passing.
I did not know Henry but my condolenses are with his family and friends. RIP Henry "Hank" Brown.

Howie
09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Charli. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Always enjoyed chatting with your Dad. He will be missed, RIP Hank.

chrome horn
09-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Charli, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. It was a tough road for all you. If you need anything, let me know.

KyleMac45
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
My thoughts and prayers with you and your family Charli...

RIP and God Speed

Kyle

SIModified
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
We have confirmed a date for Hank's "Celebration of Life" service.

Sunday, October 5th, at 12 noon at the Thompson Speedway clubhouse.

More information will be posted on the front page of www.SIModified.com

Thank you to everyone for the responses and sympathy.

capitalcity300
10-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Hank, will be missed. The best in tech, classis setup, and engine building.