PDA

View Full Version : THe South Rises Again

Jaws
09-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Burt Meyers wins Martinsville, Ryan Preece second.

TC still in points lead with a 5th place finish.

ThE sHaDoW
09-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Burt Meyers wins Martinsville, Ryan Preece second.

TC still in points lead with a 5th place finish.

shame the south put a 2 car tag team on the 3 with the lapped cars.

ChrisH
09-20-2008, 09:25 PM
What's your excuse for when the 1 PASSED the 3? Has to be a good explanation for that one too. :-B

Racer1_NC
09-20-2008, 09:29 PM

You can have LW back any time you desire, I doubt anyone down here will fight you for him. :lol:

ThE sHaDoW
09-20-2008, 09:56 PM
What's your excuse for when the 1 PASSED the 3? Has to be a good explanation for that one too. :-B

no excuse. but at least let the 3 have a shot to pass him back. don't block him half a straight away. unless yer scared he might get back on by?

LW is your champion. That's no way to talk about your best driver.

chrome horn
09-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I heard that Burt's tranny was taken to the R&D for further review

ChrisH
09-20-2008, 10:30 PM
no excuse. but at least let the 3 have a shot to pass him back. don't block him half a straight away. unless yer scared he might get back on by?

LW is your champion. That's no way to talk about your best driver.

I don't think Leslie was scared if the 3 might pass the 1 back; he just didn't want the 83 to follow the 3 around him.

We still consider him one of yours.

ThE sHaDoW
09-20-2008, 10:33 PM

ut-ohhhh. that's not good.

Jaws
09-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't think Leslie was scared if the 3 might pass the 1 back; he just didn't want the 83 to follow the 3 around him.

We still consider him one of yours.

One of yours????

You do know the Civil War is over.

I started this thread with the intent of offering congratulations, too bad it went this way.

stefanikfan
09-21-2008, 09:56 AM
I can smell the powder burning from Rhode Island!!:disgusted

MOD JUNKIE
09-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations to Burt, he had a great set up, on long runs his car seemed to keep speed, bit of a shocker. No sour grapes but Tim Brown raced Preece a few laps longer than he should have and then when Preece got by the 83 LW raced him even longer to kill any chance for a race for the win. Again congratulations to Burt......maybe, we'll wait and see about the tranny. Shadow, you must have jumped on a PC right after the race and here you go again, lols, good to meet you yesterday, lets Go Packers tonight and beat Dallas.

CareyandCoffey
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM

Does anyone have any more information on this? We are on the air right now. Call us 203-775-1414. Or email carey@careyandcoffey.com

gmac19
09-21-2008, 11:11 AM
i heard from a very good source his tranny was ILLEGAL and they are going to make a decision by tuesday..awsome job ryan:wave:

Slotcar
09-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey Ryan make sure you wipe the lip marks off of the trophy where the guy who got bounced or cheating kissed it . I guess they figured if you can't beat em cheat em . Great job Ryan on a heck of a run . Oh yeah you should have put those two blocking lapped cars into the clam stand .

Brian Hawks
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
From the South, not a Myers fan but very proud of him. Congrats.

Ryan is the real deal. Impressed me this weekend.

Shadow.. you got be banned form sending posts on Mod Series Scene and this is why. You are the most negative person when I come to these websites from up North. I KNOW for a fact everyone is not like that up there, you are a rare person. Envy is what I think it's called.

LW did indeed block but Ryan was having trouble passing him just as Tim Brown did the prior 50 laps... Did you miss that as well? Open your eyes.. your one sided attempt to KNOW everything about modified racing is aggravating to read.

Jaws
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
We have no official word, lets hope if he did win, it was fair and square.

If not thats too bad.

The way Ryan dominated most of the race, 2009 should be a hell of a year for the "kid"!!!

Wheel Racing
09-21-2008, 01:18 PM
What could be illegal with the tranny? Just curious.

RichKeator
09-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Nice to see the REG get a top 5 finish.... DON'T MISS THE FALL FINAL AT STAFFORD!!!! Maybe this time Preece will be the one actually sitting in Victory Lane after crossing the line first...

WMT10
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Dirty South?

Howie
09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
That is what it says on the front of his car isn't it? :confused:

Jaws
09-21-2008, 06:34 PM
What could be illegal with the tranny? Just curious.

Not sure, but aren't Jerico type transmissions illegal? Not sure.

WMT10
09-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Jerico trans are legal

Brian Hawks
09-21-2008, 07:04 PM
High towers are illegal though correct?

The Bullfather
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Hightowers?? What is this Police Academy with football great Bubba Smith?

gmac19
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
he hadda extra gear in the tranny where it basically was overdrive,and give him more gear than everyone else

Jaws
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
But there still is no word or office finish correct?

W. J.
09-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow, 'extra gear in tranny' and it took him 270 laps to make the pass??? Doesn't sound like it helped much, considering that Ryan's explanation of how he got passed was that he was having trouble with the handling in all the rubber on the track, while Burt was able to run a higher line and avoid that, thereby getting better grip. No "sour grapes" from Ryan Preece. He's a class act, to be sure.

RGeeProductions
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
But there still is no word or office finish correct?
NASCAR stated they would have a statement Tuesday or Wednesday.

ThE sHaDoW
09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Shadow.. you got be banned form sending posts on Mod Series Scene and this is why. You are the most negative person when I come to these websites from up North. I KNOW for a fact everyone is not like that up there, you are a rare person. Envy is what I think it's called.

LW did indeed block but Ryan was having trouble passing him just as Tim Brown did the prior 50 laps... Did you miss that as well? Open your eyes.. your one sided attempt to KNOW everything about modified racing is aggravating to read.

I got you banned? So you're my puppet and I can make you say things to get yourself banned? Are you serious? I was not negative in anything I said. Here's something positive I'll do for you. Send me your mailing address and I'll send you a box of Kleenex, you and Burt will need them on Tuesday. Just because you don't like my opinion, does not make it negative. There is an ignore feature to the board. Don't get aggravated, ignore my posts. See...there's something else I've done for you. Hold on, my phone is ringing.

Hey Brian, your village called. They want to know when you're coming back.:wave::wave:

Precision Auto
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
sHaDoW: I had no idea that you had super powers. Can you whip up a potion so that I rise about 50 positions in the Pick-5 contest! Seeing TBax and Axel in the top two spots is not good for my health!..........:help:

ThE sHaDoW
09-22-2008, 12:05 AM
sHaDoW: I had no idea that you had super powers. Can you whip up a potion so that I rise about 50 positions in the Pick-5 contest! Seeing TBax and Axel in the top two spots is not good for my health!..........:help:

sorry, Axel is already using that special ability.

Precision Auto
09-22-2008, 02:34 AM
sorry, Axel is already using that special ability.

sHaDoW: That's okay for 2008, but I'm officially putting in my name for an exclusive in 2009! I obviously need all the help I can get! :help: Linda

Brian Hawks
09-22-2008, 06:33 AM
I got you banned? So you're my puppet and I can make you say things to get yourself banned? Are you serious? I was not negative in anything I said. Here's something positive I'll do for you. Send me your mailing address and I'll send you a box of Kleenex, you and Burt will need them on Tuesday. Just because you don't like my opinion, does not make it negative. There is an ignore feature to the board. Don't get aggravated, ignore my posts. See...there's something else I've done for you. Hold on, my phone is ringing.

Hey Brian, your village called. They want to know when you're coming back.:wave::wave:

Actually there buddy I think it's you that needs the Kleenex. And no, you didn't make me say anything on Mod Series Scene. I got tired of reading your sad ole song on there to and made a comment about how negative you are. You went and cried the blue to the Moderators on there about 2 years ago. Don't fool everybody on here.. Just like afterwards you had your personal messages on MSS blocked so no one would bother you. Yourr "Ignore" feature is running from your problems, not addressing them. If your going to talk smack, go ahead. But when someone talks smack back, don't just "ignore it" and report it.

You just like to run that lip and you think no one will ever say anything. As far as your little Burt Myers comment, do some research, I hope they take his win. I don't care for him at all.

Continue to be a SA..

ThE sHaDoW
09-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Actually there buddy I think it's you that needs the Kleenex. And no, you didn't make me say anything on Mod Series Scene. I got tired of reading your sad ole song on there to and made a comment about how negative you are. You went and cried the blue to the Moderators on there about 2 years ago. Don't fool everybody on here.. Just like afterwards you had your personal messages on MSS blocked so no one would bother you. Yourr "Ignore" feature is running from your problems, not addressing them. If your going to talk smack, go ahead. But when someone talks smack back, don't just "ignore it" and report it.

You just like to run that lip and you think no one will ever say anything. As far as your little Burt Myers comment, do some research, I hope they take his win. I don't care for him at all.

Continue to be a SA..

#1. I'm not your buddy, let's get that straight. My circle of friends is full, and I am not taking anymore applications.
#2. It's funny you say I'm so negative, why is it, almost every time I go to a race, someone comments to me about how true and/or funny my comments are? If I am so negative, why don't I get emails saying so? Are you telling me, you're the only one with the balls to call me out? About 2 years ago, Mr Hodge was one of the moderators, ask him if I cried "the blue" about your remarks. Keep spreadin lies.
#3. I don't run from anyone. Least of all you. Got something to say, come say it face to face at the next tour race. Enough people know who I am, so it shouldn't be too hard to find me.
#4. Please, do me and everyone else a favor, GET SPELL CHECK. You'll sound so much more intelligent.

have fun from here on out, you're on ignore, so if you want to contact me, send a PM or email.

holleratme
09-22-2008, 09:19 AM
#1. I'm not your buddy, let's get that straight. My circle of friends is full, and I am not taking anymore applications.
#2. It's funny you say I'm so negative, why is it, almost every time I go to a race, someone comments to me about how true and/or funny my comments are? If I am so negative, why don't I get emails saying so? Are you telling me, you're the only one with the balls to call me out? About 2 years ago, Mr Hodge was one of the moderators, ask him if I cried "the blue" about your remarks. Keep spreadin lies.
#3. I don't run from anyone. Least of all you. Got something to say, come say it face to face at the next tour race. Enough people know who I am, so it shouldn't be too hard to find me.
#4. Please, do me and everyone else a favor, GET SPELL CHECK. You'll sound so much more intelligent.

have fun from here on out, you're on ignore, so if you want to contact me, send a PM or email.

I sure can attest to Big Gino's perecption........Best Eyes there is:)

MOD JUNKIE
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
The extra gear, thats not what I'm hearing about the tranny,>>>Traction Control. Think about it Burts car hooked up from middle to exit off the turns, is that why he could run the higher groove, mostly on the restarts that car launched off turn two, is that a place on the track that traction control would help? Yepper

[CENTER][SIZE="6"]Application For Friendship Approval With Shadow

Name-
Address-
Phone#-
Email-

A little story about yourself [Minimum twenty five words]

Teds Race Tours
09-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Application For Friendship Approval With Shadow

Name-Ted Baxter
Address-Long Island NY
Phone#-there 10 digits in it.
Email-hamptonjitney@yahoo.com

I would really like to be sHaDoW's friend. It really does not matter at all to me that a few people think he's a big.....oops, that's 25 words.:lol:

RGeeProductions
09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok, enough of this....
When NASCAR makes a statement it will be posted.
Why is that people can not talk about a subject without getting personal about it?
BTW, nice try Jitneyman!! LOL
End of thread!!!!