PDA

View Full Version : Rain Date

JBonsignore
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I was wondering if it rains out this Saturday, is the entire weekend going to be rescheduled or just Saturday? We already have other plans for the following weekend and won't be able to attend, so just want to get a idea of what might happen.

Thanks,
jb

intense1
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
We will take it one day at a time...
The extended forecast calls for chance of showers Friday evening into Saturday morning.

I would plan on...Racing

JBonsignore
09-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok cool, I had just heard from a few people that if it rained out Saturday the entire weekend would be canceled, those people were not 100% sure either just what they heard, Sunday's weather looks good to go though! cant wait, cya this weekend mike! :applause:

BlingxBling
09-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Justin beat my to the punch...however I would have to disagree Mike, 50% chance of rain on Friday, 70% for Saturday, and 30% for Sunday according to the weather channel, to me that doesn't look like racing weather..

So here are the what if's? If it rains Saturday, will all qualifying and main events be run on Sunday? Or will the whole weekend be rescheduled? A backup plan is always great to have....please let us know, advance notice makes a world of difference...

Grandstand
09-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I believe that the rain date for Saturday is the next weekend (October 4th). Sunday looks to be the better of the two days, but as we all know, the weatherman has been known to be wrong a time or two....

KyleMac45
09-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I think Joe and the gang at Mtn. Speedway will do anything to get the whole entire weekend in!

Kyle

The Bullfather
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
70% in the mountians of Pa. is very bad, 70% chance of rain on Long Island as Justin would know, most likely means we will get the race in! How many times did every track in the northeast get rained out and we raced on Long Island!

KyleMac45
09-24-2008, 07:23 AM
IF any thing happens TQ's racing Sunday? We have a race the following week...

CJfilms
09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey guys...and gals...you heard Mikey...one day at a time!

It has been the same way at Mountain before as well...every track rained out and Mountain ran rain-free! Heck, I have sat in the tower with Joe C before and watched a T-storm pass right by just north of the track and the track stay dry and sunny...

See what happens Saturday first...

Grandstand
09-24-2008, 10:35 AM
This mornings forecast looks alot better than it did at the beginning of the week... rain starting Thursday into Friday, Saturday morning (that would be NJ/NY area) and then afternoon clear and Sunday BEAUTIFUL!!! :applause:

BlingxBling
09-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Debbie....now if we could only up root the track and move it to that area...St Johns PA still has 70% on Friday, 70% on Saturday, and now 40% on Sunday...:(

Erin C
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah, you may see 70% chance on Saturday but if you look at the hour by hour detail for Saturday it is 70% chance of rain up until 7am then it moves to 40% from 7-9am and 30% from 10am on. It looks as if this weekend is going to be nice, but a little chilly.

I'd rather look at the positive of the hour by hour then just think 70%...a race isn't called until they know that the weather is supposed to be bad the whole day and the way it looks is really good, I would rather see rain in the morning with it clearing up later on.

This is going to be a great weekend! :)

Geno
09-24-2008, 04:18 PM
I’ll take two tenths of your 70%, divided by the two-day race weekend and multiplied by the total number of divisions this weekend, which now makes it a 63% chance.:)

We’ll have info on the weekend posted tomorrow evening….

BlingxBling
09-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Thank you Geno

NJ Chick
09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Don't worry about the rain this weekend, Bigell already has his sun dance planned out. He's going to dance around a camp fire starting Friday at midnight. He'll be performing a variety of fancy foot work with a multitude of costume changes ranging from hula skirts, tu-tus, tap shoes, belly dancing attire, beer barrels and a stripper's pole to finish off the event:eek: We'll either be racing or hanging over the guard rail...see photo #223:lol:

Grandstand
09-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Holy Crap!!!!! Videos and pictures are need to capture that action!!!! :wave: :lol:

bigell14
09-25-2008, 11:04 AM
bah bah bah no rain no rain bah bah

Wooo bahhhh deeee faaaa No Rain No Rain faaa deee bahhh woooo