PDA

View Full Version : This is it....what you've been waiting for, the official word.

Howie
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 24, 2008) – NASCAR announced today that the unofficial results of Saturday’s NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour/NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour combination race at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway have been revised due to a rules violations discovered during post-race inspection of the first-place car – the No. 1 driven by Burt Myers.

The car was found to be in violation and did not conform to rules (transmission gear was not within the specified limits) of the 2008 NASCAR Touring Series rule book. The violations were discovered during post race inspection on Sept. 20.

The rules violation dropped Myers to 43rd in the official race finish. All other drivers in the event moved up one position in the official finishing order.

ShawnCourchesne
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, amazing, I guess my sources held up. Will wonders never cease???
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Official: NASCAR Disqualifies Burt Myers From Saturday's Martinsville Mod Tour Victory (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2008/09/official-nascar-disqualifies-b.html)

Brian Hawks
09-24-2008, 04:59 PM
NASCAR left a lot on the table there also...

I'll stop there before all of ya turn it into something it isn't...

Congrats to Ryan Preece... right?

Bob T. Racer
09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
NASCAR left a lot on the table there also...

I'll stop there before all of ya turn it into something it isn't...

Congrats to Ryan Preece... right?

Brian- what did NASCAR leave on the table? IT was short and sweet and to the point! MYERS cheated and got caught,end of story!

Teds Race Tours
09-24-2008, 05:14 PM
A) I liked my 2 engine story much better.

B) Congrats to Ryan on his 1st win.

C) Don't really have a C, but A + B alone just aren't that impressive without a C.

RGeeProductions
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Pats Shawn on the back....
Never doubted it wasn't true....

KyleMac45
09-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Nice JOB RYAN PREEEEEEEEECE!!!

Brian Hawks
09-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Brian- what did NASCAR leave on the table? IT was short and sweet and to the point! MYERS cheated and got caught,end of story!

I guess you missed that middle line, correct? If your going to hassle me, read it all.

Myers did in fact cheat. Maybe I'm talking about he cheated more than what NASCAR just said, and kept it in Concord...

See, that's what happens when you assume things.

Also, I heard today that NO Southern Official teched either car.. All was handled by Northern Officials. Don't hold me to it and yell and scream.. go ask for yourself.

burtmyers1
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Its true about the Southern Officials. They were just standing around while our car was pretty much taken completely apart from the headers all the way to the rear end by the yankee officials. I dont know if thats standard procedure up north or what but there is no need for a post race tech to last more than 3 hours. Seemed to me like they trying to find something illegal on the car all the while telling us they wanted us to come to the World Series at Thompson.

Jaws
09-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Its true about the Southern Officials. They were just standing around while our car was pretty much taken completely apart from the headers all the way to the rear end by the yankee officials. I dont know if thats standard procedure up north or what but there is no need for a post race tech to last more than 3 hours. Seemed to me like they trying to find something illegal on the car all the while telling us they wanted us to come to the World Series at Thompson.

I know TC has had the car taken apart several times, its normal.

Please don't start the North vs South stuff again!

And they did find an illegal part.

ThE sHaDoW
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Amen Bob. Post race tech only lasted 3 hours? One night at Stafford the SK winner was tech'ed down to the crank. That's right, I said SK and crank. If you're not used to a real tech inspection, it may come as a surprise what is done. Why are the southern race fans trying to make this a yankee witch hunt?
He cheated.
He got caught.
He was penalized.
If this was any Northern Modified team, the same penalty would have been handed out. Could the northern fans then cry and said the southerners had it out for us? burtmyers1, do you read what you're typing? Do you believe what you are saying?

burtmyers1
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Not trying to start any North/South deal!

Just stating the truth as I was actually at the post race tech

ThE sHaDoW
09-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Not trying to start any North/South deal!

Just stating the truth as I was actually at the post race tech

by the yankee officials

so what did those words mean?

burtmyers1
09-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Shadow me and you have had it out before and I dont want to get anything started again

to me yankee/Northern/WMT officials is all the same
no offense meant

Bob T. Racer
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM

That is the norm up north,for a thorough tech inspection! What are you saying, that the south officials aren't checking cars good enough? MAYBE Burt's gotten away with cheating all year.

burtmyers1
09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Bob if that was the case we would be leading our points and had a few more wins. The car has been far from perfect at some races.

BOWATCHER
09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
what about the MSD box that went for a ride to NC?

MOD JUNKIE
09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
the yankee officials. Hmmmmmmmm that could be the Dirty North, Burt gotta give you sone credit for coming on at this time.

RGeeProductions
09-24-2008, 07:45 PM
the yankee officials. Hmmmmmmmm that could be the Dirty North, Burt gotta give you sone credit for coming on at this time.

MOD JUNKIE: burtmyers1 is not Burt Myers you know...

Bob T. Racer
09-24-2008, 07:47 PM
That is the norm up north,for a thorough tech inspection! What are you saying, that the south officials aren't checking cars good enough? MAYBE Burt's gotten away with cheating all year.

T.C.'s tranny was taken apart by the north officials at N.H.and checked out fine plus different parts of the motor and now for the surprise----- he got to keep the WIN!!

MOD JUNKIE
09-24-2008, 07:47 PM
MOD JUNKIE: burtmyers1 is not Burt Myers you know...

yes I do , but still gotta give credit, for taking it on

Brian Hawks
09-24-2008, 08:03 PM
what about the MSD box that went for a ride to NC?

Things that make you go ummmmm

MOD JUNKIE
09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Things that make you go ummmmm

and tires not to spin

LAP66
09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
3 hours is nothing for tech. NHIS two years ago, left victory lane at 6:30, left tech at 10:30.

Bob T. Racer
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
3 hours is nothing for tech. NHIS two years ago, left victory lane at 6:30, left tech at 10:30.

Guess the crews/drivers in the south aren't used to a REAL tech inspection!

gmac19
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
ive heard of people getting teched and getting a win taken away a WEEK later! what about last year when they took todd's motor and didnt make it official for like a week? 3 hour tech is nothing..thats a normal tech..maybe down south ya'll do it a lot different but thats the way the cookie crumbels and if ya'll southerners dont like it..tough deal with it:*-(...and dont be mad a 17 year old beat ya'll either..

Brian Hawks
09-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Now if you read this, who really is talking more smack? A Northern fan or Southern fan?

What a joke. I'm a SOUTHERN crew member and I don't care how long they tech the car. Tech it all night... Just bring me some Hooters while I wait..

The point was made.. Ryan was not teched like Burt was. BIASED people will say he was, but from people who were actually there watching he wasn't.

And I've said it once and I'll say it again, Burt was cheating, he got caught and he's DQed and an article says it on here.. it is not done.. I have heard all the details. So keep your smack talk to yourselves. How many FULL TIME crew members do ya'll have.. I can promise you I can't count the amount on ONE hand they ours teams have..

holleratme
09-25-2008, 07:37 AM
17 yr old beat everyone

CTScribe
09-25-2008, 08:03 AM
I ask in Lou's memory that this thread and the bashing that has gone both ways stops.everyone has had thier say. Why don't you all meet at the Northsouth shootout and discuss it civilly. WMTvs WSMT has challenges with each other and each divison want to believe that are the best. However it takes more than attitudes and ego to win.

Maybe we should discuss the lack of a crowd for the modified at Martinsville. We have four excellent touring series between the north, south and Mid atlantic area. Let supoort each other.

Dave M

WMT10
09-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Brian,
You keep bringing up FULL TIME crews, what does that have to do with this?NOTHING!! 90% of us all work full time jobs and then spend countless hours in the shop.

Jaws
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I ask in Lou's memory that this thread and the bashing that has gone both ways stops.everyone has had thier say. Why don't you all meet at the Northsouth shootout and discuss it civilly. WMTvs WSMT has challenges with each other and each divison want to believe that are the best. However it takes more than attitudes and ego to win.

Maybe we should discuss the lack of a crowd for the modified at Martinsville. We have four excellent touring series between the north, south and Mid atlantic area. Let supoort each other.

Dave M

Dave,

Best post so far.

Thanks

ThE sHaDoW
09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Brian,
You keep bringing up FULL TIME crews, what does that have to do with this?NOTHING!! 90% of us all work full time jobs and then spend countless hours in the shop.

what does a full time crew have to do with cheating? like I said, he cheated, he got caught. game over. I work a full time job in the North, and use every "F'in" vacation day I get to work on the Mod tour.

Dave, might I suggest that everyone put Brian on ignore? This thread would die instantly. Here's what I see when he tries to fire everyone up.

Brian Hawks This user is on your Ignore List.
If that's what everyone else saw, it would end. I'm done listening to him grovel and whimper. I told him if he needs to talk to me, email me or see me face to face at the shootout. So far, no emails. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll come find me at the shootout.

Brian Hawks
09-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Shadow.. you want a fight? What a joke. Meet me at the Shootout.. that is nothing more than a threat.

And no, I'm not trying to fire everyone up.. I'm simply stating Burt got caught cheating, and there is more to it. More that will make him look bad. Isn't that what all of you agree on? I don't care how long they teched the 3 car. He beat everyone, talented driver in a good car. If it's more to it, than Phillip Smith and Burt Myers need to goto NASCAR.. Not us. I'm pretty civil on the entire deal. It's Shadow trying to insult me every chance he gets and It's getting rather old. I'm not a 2 year old, and refuse to "ignore" anyone opinions.

Getting along and discussing car counts and fans is a great idea. We've got a great group of drivers in the North and South.. We have the best races in the areas we are.. I'm sorry if this is negative and I need to be ignored.. But that's the way I feel.

CTScribe
09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
:help:I really believe this has run it's course, time to take the digital gloves off and get back to racing. Bert was found with illegal tranny. If there is more than that we'll know eventually. If the inspection processs was biased then it upto drivers/crew chief to file a complaint.

Both Brian & Shadow no need antagonize each other. Maybe I should call Don King the Promoter. At the Shootout we can add another event to the SHootout. No, not really.

Everyone perceives things differently and we need to be more understanding.

Lets go racing guys.

ThE sHaDoW
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Dave,

He's not antagonizing me. Really. It's been 3 days since he said a word to me. Must be, ummmm scared?

tour28
09-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Don King here ready to help ------ Woops, wrong one

corey17
09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Dave,

He's not antagonizing me. Really. It's been 3 days since he said a word to me. Must be, ummmm scared?

I'm seriously doubting that. If anybody has bickered and fought with Brian, it's been me, and we still don't agree on a lot of things. But I can say this, he is dedicated to modified racing, and helps out numerous teams, free of charge, he honestly loves the sport. Shadow, it seems you like jerking his chain to get a response, and it's working well, he will continue to give responses, I can assure you of that LOL. But in this case it looks like Brian is making a point and all everybody else is saying is "Burt cheated", well, I think it's safe to say we have all got that memo already, there isn't much to argue about that. It's over and done, he lost, Preece won, and we will all move on to next week. But I can bet when people think about this race in the future, they will remember Burt was there, and it wasn't just because he was "illegal".

TMAC
09-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey cory17.Let Burt know turkey derby is being run again.Hope he shows up for this years race and let him know this yankee enjoys watching him race....reguardless

Brian Hawks
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I guess threats on this website are just ignored right?

The guy is calling me scared as has actually asked me to fight it appears.. at least that's what "Meet me at the Shootout" appears to me. Either way, it's chidish. We've agreed on the same thing, Burt cheated..

I'm done with the child who runs from problems and ignores people.. Scared... sure.. if you say so.

Bob T. Racer
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
what does a full time crew have to do with cheating? like I said, he cheated, he got caught. game over. I work a full time job in the North, and use every "F'in" vacation day I get to work on the Mod tour.

Dave, might I suggest that everyone put Brian on ignore? This thread would die instantly. Here's what I see when he tries to fire everyone up.

If that's what everyone else saw, it would end. I'm done listening to him grovel and whimper. I told him if he needs to talk to me, email me or see me face to face at the shootout. So far, no emails. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll come find me at the shootout.

BRIAN- He said if you need to discuss things to e-mail him, now you sound like you want to take it to the N.S. SHOOTOUT!

Precision Auto
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
You've both said the same thing about ten different ways.......can we move on to something else? :wave:

Tour 28 - I would be so there to style your hair in the "other" Don King style..:lol:

ThE sHaDoW
09-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Don King here ready to help ------ Woops, wrong one

How's it going Don? Glad to see you stop in again. You're never the wrong Don.

Someone called my cell claiming to be Brian. If that was you that left a message, I have to say grow up. The number was blocked, so I can't call you back. Good detective work finding my cell. Please call back, I promise to answer.

CareyandCoffey
09-25-2008, 01:27 PM

That is some conspiracy theory you got going man. Do you honestly think the "Northern" officials had it in for Myers? Think about it. Doesn't it just seem a little far out? Is that really logical?

In my experience "Conspiracy theory guy" is usually looking to blame someone else for his misfortunes or his teams misfortunes.

It seems like a crazy conspiracy theory that the "northern" official was looking for something to call the "southern" guy on. That's ridiculous.

- Matt Carey

Brian Hawks
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Bob T. I sent him a PM. I told him if he wanted to talk how to find me. He didn't respond. He just keep on claming he's not talk to me. A Lie.

And since I'm on ignore tell him I'm at work. I don't know his cell phone number and don't want to call him at all. I feel like I'm dealing with a freaking middle school kid starting crap and rumors about me.. and the rest of you just go along with it like he's being honest.

Seems to me he has a big time envy problem. Fine with me, Just wish he'd keep my name outta his mouth.. I'm all he seems to want to talk about.

stabone
09-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Did anyone hear Burt and his brothers car in time trials?????? Everyone was talking about it..... That is why there is a GEAR RULE!!!!!!!!!!! END OF STORY!!!!!

Who's_Harry?
09-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Shadow you are a spotter for the 99 and nothing else, I've never seen you touch the 99 car or herd of you going to the shop to work on the car. What qualifies you as a expert on post race tech? You talk a big game as if you are right in the mix of everything that goes on on the north tour, when is the last time you had to sit in post race tech and watch the car you busted your *** workin on get torn down? I've been in tech North and South. Post race for the south is about the same as the tech after the thurs night Thompson shows or the fri night Stafford shows or for that matter any other one day event from the last 15 years, up North. Everyone knows that at Loudon you will get a full tear down for the simple fact that Cup officials are there. Same as when we went to Watkins Glen and Richmond. No one is questioning Burt being illegal, I think the question has been as to how post race was handled and how Nascar has handed out the penalty. I would speculate this, if the race got over at 1030pm or 1100pm tech would of not have lasted until 2am. Again not at all defending Burt, just saying that with any experience of going through tech it would be fair to say that tech depends on who is in the top 5 and how late at night it is that's all. Sorry Shadow but as opinionated as you are on all the message forums you should at least have some experience to back up your opinions up as you ASSUME way to much and we all know that when you ASSUME, you make a *** of U and ME! Why would anyone want to meet you to discuss with you what is said here? That makes no sense at all! That is the purpose of the board to talk, state opinion, and observations.

ThE sHaDoW
09-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Who's Harry, who has one post and registered yesterday, why don't you email me like I told Brian. You think you know everything, looks like you are assuming some thing as well. Just email me, let this post die already.

CTScribe
09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm done trying to quell this, good luck all.

Dave

JACK MAN
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
I think its time for Howie to step in. This is alittle crazy when you get a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks all in one room. LOL.

Howie
09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I've been here, watching in disbelief, one hand on the padlock. Needless to say I'm not happy with a lot of this thread. Times like this make me wonder why we (weather it is here on TCH or MSS or any forum) work so hard and spend so much of our time maintaining a site for this kind of BS to go on. It is not the purpose for which it was intended. More than enough has been said already on this thread, can it end here, or do I need to put a padlock on the door?

Jaws
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
One word..... Wow.

Lets pray for no rain Sunday so we can all see a race!

jfp711
09-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Holy S**t THIS THREAD IS OUT OF CONTROL. I've been bashed by a lot of people about some of my post & comments in the past and I must admit none have never gone on like this what a shame & disgrace to this board and to the people that work their butt's off to allow us to post here and to everyone that love's open wheel modified racing, Man I don't agree with some of the junk that gets posted here there no need for this to take place, just give this thing a break, #1 car cheated got busted case close next, NASCAR did the right thing what more could have been done or said..................... JFP Signing out.......... GO TC...........The King Baby

ThE sHaDoW
09-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey JFP, nice to finally met you on the roof last weekend. Always nice to put a face with a screen name. I thought Richard Petty was the king? j/k See you on a roof again someday.

mends
09-25-2008, 08:23 PM
i don't know if NASCAR has it in for burt myers...

but i did hear ed cox tell burt at martinsville that he could never recommend to NASCAR that burt be allowed to run a higher series... because of what happened at the stadium...

so maybe not nascar, but rootin tootin straight shootin ed cox has a chip??

burt was illegal... agreed... but...
from what i was told (rumor alert)... the 3 wasnt teched as hard as the 1...

but, in all, i really don't care...

RGeeProductions
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
OK, I have been at work since 6 am and honestly I am ashamed at the childish bs thrown out here.
I wish this was closed earlier but seems I must now.
Any accusations or personal chats can be PM'd OR emailed to each other.
This is not what a forum is for, period!
I really can't believe what some have said here AND how some have even twisted what others have said.
Sad to say, personally, I hope there is no combo event next year. Not because of any North-South thing but because some here can't handle it!!!!