PDA

View Full Version : Important - Trophies

Tracy87BB
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Received the following from Bob Finan this morning.

Please alert all our loyal drivers that the top five in all seven classes will receive their positional trophies at the October 5th luncheon if they choose to attend as we always have. We never intended not to award these traditional trophies, it was only a matter of where. If they can't make October 5th, I'll have them at the Winter Informational meeting in January.

Turn2Guru
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Will they be giving out Most Improved Driver, Rookie of the Year and Best Appearing Car Trophies for each division too?

fisherman
09-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Will they be giving out Most Improved Driver, Rookie of the Year and Best Appearing Car Trophies for each division too?

come on trophies only cost about5 to 25 dollars each that will cost to much:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:: lol::lol::lol:

wayne
09-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Bob,Tracy and the Cromarty's

Tracy87BB
09-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't thank me...this was all taken care of out of the track office. All I did was pass along the info to you.

If anyone knows of anybody in the top five in points who doesn't have access to a computer, the best thing you could do to help out is make sure they know about this!

The official PR will be posted on the front page shortly. I just wanted to get the info out to everyone as quickly as possible.

maestri fan 1
09-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Is this open to everyone, and if so how much?

Tracy87BB
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes, it is open to everyone. And it is FREE.
Details can be found here: http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2008/newsmain/news092608b.htm

maestri fan 1
09-26-2008, 08:04 PM
That's pretty sweet, thank you Riverhead!!

fisherman
09-27-2008, 09:01 AM

what they do for you the nice folks at the pub made it free. now thats first class act

nobandwagonhere
09-27-2008, 09:20 AM
You know RR isnt giving ANYTHING free! Cmon now....the Cromartys coming out of their pocket? Unheard of.:mad:

Turn2Guru
09-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Still no word on Trophies for Rookie of the Year, Best Appearing Car, and Most Improved Driver Awards. Are we to assume that these awards are history too? It would be a shame, alot of young talent really stepped up their game this year.

Tracy87BB
09-27-2008, 10:15 AM
I have posted all of the information I have.

fisherman
09-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Still no word on Trophies for Rookie of the Year, Best Appearing Car, and Most Improved Driver Awards. Are we to assume that these awards are history too? It would be a shame, alot of young talent really stepped up their game this year.

they probbily fired the trophie person by mail also. just hope they don,t fire the pr man thats about the only standup guy they have left:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fisherman
09-27-2008, 11:32 AM

so who,s going to this great bash:lol::lol::lol:

nobandwagonhere
09-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I hope its only crickets. Leave the Cromartys sitting there with their hands on their a-- (ooops!:rolleyes:)

fisherman
09-27-2008, 10:03 PM
at least leah, some other wifes making it better

Ka$h25
09-27-2008, 10:55 PM
What ever happened to the old If you have nothing nice to say, don't say 'nothing'?

If you're unhappy about something, don't go, simple enough no?. Quite a bit of bashing going on here lately, perhaps they should put the track up for sale and give you all something to really cry about.

nobandwagonhere
09-28-2008, 12:10 AM
What ever happened to the old If you have nothing nice to say, don't say 'nothing'?

If you're unhappy about something, don't go, simple enough no?. Quite a bit of bashing going on here lately, perhaps they should put the track up for sale and give you all something to really cry about.

Are you serious?.....
I got this from another thread....look familiar?

"I would venture to guess this is a classic example of them being cheap. I don't know if there is any pay discrepancy based on experience but if so it would appear they just fired two of longer tenure officials, that they'll probably replace with some 16 year old kids they can pay $20/night. Makes perfect business sense right? "

.......care to rewrite that last one?

rydogg97
09-28-2008, 08:03 AM
thats what happens whenyou write so much garbage you tend to forget!!!seems to be the 1st to complain!!like fisherman said leah who does a great job and other wives are trying to better things.

wayne
09-28-2008, 08:04 AM
hehehehe:applause:

Ka$h25
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM
There's quite a difference. In one instance, we're hearing that two of the longer tenured officials are being let go for no apparent reason. If you disagree at all with that post, please tell me where I'm wrong.

However, this recent discussion is just nonsense. Tracy announces information about the luncheon and then adds that it is FREE of charge. You respond with a negative comment of something like Riverhead isn't giving anything free, they don't come out their pockets for anything. It's just not necessary. They canceled the banquet, and people complained. They responded with a free ceremony and people still complain.

So, I'll stand by both posts. But thanks for the opportunity to clear it up.

fisherman
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM

yea than we can race shopping karts with no rules:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::applause::applause::appl ause::cool::cool:

vsmidge68
09-29-2008, 07:05 AM
(the following is copied directly from the RR press release) "John of JC'S will open the catering room that is adjacent to the pub for the champions luncheon and supply a free buffet for the affair, as well offer beer specials in addition "All of us at Riverhead Raceway can't thank John enough for opening his restaurant to us" Bob Finan noted. "I also want to give a big thank you to Steve Halpin who when I called him with the idea, ran with it and we'll have a great afternoon"."

If I am reading this correctly, the Cromarty's aren't giving the luncheon, it is being hosted by J.C's.....A buffet, the handing out of trophies by our own BF and then an afternoon of watching the race. So the Cromarty's are getting off pretty easy. Now there is a Champions Luncheon, an Enduro Banquet and it is my understanding that there is something else in the works for another division. I guess even if the owners don't want to do anything, there are enough people who will. It seems to me no matter how much fighting and hard racing goes on, the drivers, crews and fans are still able to get together and make things right. I think this is what makes up the RR family. I say good job to you all! :applause:

Turbo
09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
its definately a great thing that we can get this together! :applause:
but because of the rainouts last week, king of the mountain is pushed off until this weekend. So yet again we have more conflicts with some of the modified drivers. I wish I could be there as I enjoy going to JC's for their race parties!!!

nobandwagonhere
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
There's quite a difference. In one instance, we're hearing that two of the longer tenured officials are being let go for no apparent reason. If you disagree at all with that post, please tell me where I'm wrong.

However, this recent discussion is just nonsense. Tracy announces information about the luncheon and then adds that it is FREE of charge. You respond with a negative comment of something like Riverhead isn't giving anything free, they don't come out their pockets for anything. It's just not necessary. They canceled the banquet, and people complained. They responded with a free ceremony and people still complain.

So, I'll stand by both posts. But thanks for the opportunity to clear it up.

Words speak for themselves my man. Cromartys arent giving the luncheon, JC's is. I didnt write it...but FYI, The pay difference from chief steward to low man on the totem pole is about a $60 difference. You jumped on my back for sayin their cheap, but yet you said the same thing in another post. I never argued anything about pay, just voiced my opinion that the Cromartys are CHEAP. Bottom line. It is what it is. If you can prove that theory wrong, then please...Im all ears.

Oh and PS: Most of (if not all) the things that come from the "Cromartys" ...actually come from BF. That man is a godsend. He doesnt get half the credit he deserves. Thumbs up Bob Finan!

rydogg97
10-04-2008, 01:53 PM
bf is riverhead raceway!!if he were not here it wouldnt be there.thanks bf