PDA

View Full Version : Car No. 1 NWSMT Team Penalized For Rules Violations At Martinsville Speedway

Howie
09-26-2008, 05:10 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CAR NO. 1 NWSMT TEAM PENALIZED

FOR RULES VIOLATIONS AT MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 26, 2008) – NASCAR announced today the car No. 1 team that competes in the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour has been penalized as a result of rules violations committed Saturday, Sept. 20 at Martinsville Speedway in Martinsville, Va.

The team was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20D-6.1.1B (ignition system wires must be continuous from the start connector to the end connector. Splices, bare and punctured wires will not be permitted in the ignition system: spliced wires from the purple wire out of the ignition amplifier box) of the 2008 NASCAR Touring rule book. The violations were discovered during post-race inspection on Sept. 20.

Burt Myers, driver of car No. 1, has been disqualified from the Sept. 20 Martinsville race, suspended from the next NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race, suspended from NASCAR until Oct. 1, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

Scott Widener, crew chief of car No. 1, has been fined $1,000, suspended from the next NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race, suspended from NASCAR until Oct. 1, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

Philip Smith, car owner, has been disqualified from the Sept. 20 Martinsville race, suspended from the next NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race, suspended from NASCAR until Oct. 1, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

adam97
09-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I am from the south and I love to see an arrogant cheater caught.I guess he thought it was an asa race or bowman gray.

NLECUYER
09-26-2008, 09:07 PM
:mad:First of all i wanted to congrat brian loftin for his 9th ..opps i mean 1st place at martinsville i guess the south IS a little behind the curve...way to go burt make the whole south look bad ..you might get away with that sh**T at bowman grey but martinsville come on...you mid as well tried to get that by that by the cup techs at new hampshire ....and i guess nascar really feels he dident get an advantage ...yea ok ...quite the penalty for no advanatge and for the whole tech thing ...the techs look at the same things on both cars ..some teams just arent hiding things and dont drag and kick their feet when they are supposed to take things apart ...way to go boehler bunch way to beat em fair and square :applause:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CAR NO. 1 NWSMT TEAM PENALIZED

FOR RULES VIOLATIONS AT MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 26, 2008) – NASCAR announced today the car No. 1 team that competes in the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour has been penalized as a result of rules violations committed Saturday, Sept. 20 at Martinsville Speedway in Martinsville, Va.

The team was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20D-6.1.1B (ignition system wires must be continuous from the start connector to the end connector. Splices, bare and punctured wires will not be permitted in the ignition system: spliced wires from the purple wire out of the ignition amplifier box) of the 2008 NASCAR Touring rule book. The violations were discovered during post-race inspection on Sept. 20.

Burt Myers, driver of car No. 1, has been disqualified from the Sept. 20 Martinsville race, suspended from the next NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race, suspended from NASCAR until Oct. 1, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

Scott Widener, crew chief of car No. 1, has been fined $1,000, suspended from the next NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race, suspended from NASCAR until Oct. 1, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

Philip Smith, car owner, has been disqualified from the Sept. 20 Martinsville race, suspended from the next NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race, suspended from NASCAR until Oct. 1, and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.

Brian Hawks
09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Uh oh.. someone else said he made the South look bad..

And uh oh.. what I've been trying to say for the past week and ya'll think I've been taking up for Burt Myers.. It was more to it.

All that personal stuff and there was no need in it. Good grief.

DebL
09-26-2008, 09:44 PM
For those of us that are clueless. does the ignition issue mean traction control??

Jaws
09-26-2008, 09:48 PM
For those of us that are clueless. does the ignition issue mean traction control??

Yes it is.

RGeeProductions
09-26-2008, 09:53 PM
If, as mentioned, about the gears being close and the ignition box being tampered with, yes. The gear will give more umph off the turns but will also make it easier to lose grip from the power gain. Limiting the ignition/rpm would make that all work together for an advantage. Think that may be the simplest way to explain it.

gmac19
09-26-2008, 10:05 PM
why would he do that? honestly i want to know why he would? hes a really good driver and he knew he would get caught if he won..like what went through his mind when they decided to do that to his car?

NLECUYER
09-26-2008, 10:11 PM
arrogant cheater .....

why would he do that? honestly i want to know why he would? hes a really good driver and he knew he would get caught if he won..like what went through his mind when they decided to do that to his car?

corey17
09-26-2008, 10:26 PM
This is my take on it. Burt didn't have traction control on his car, they did not find anything like that. I DO believe that he did have it on there at some time, practice, testing, race, sometime. They took it off whenever, and didn't put the wires back the way they were before, therefore they were tampered with, put on right, but tampered with. And after talking with my bossman, who has been a team owner for many years, i'm willing to bet that the tranny in there is the same one he's been runnin all year. The southern officials have just probably never looked at it.

Racer1_NC
09-26-2008, 11:19 PM
This is my take on it. Burt didn't have traction control on his car, they did not find anything like that. I DO believe that he did have it on there at some time, practice, testing, race, sometime. They took it off whenever, and didn't put the wires back the way they were before, therefore they were tampered with, put on right, but tampered with.
Which I would assume was the intent of the rule. Rarely would you find the device, just the evidence of an installation.

i'm willing to bet that the tranny in there is the same one he's been runnin all year. The southern officials have just probably never looked at it.
I bet they will now......

Bob T. Racer
09-27-2008, 12:43 AM
This is my take on it. Burt didn't have traction control on his car, they did not find anything like that. I DO believe that he did have it on there at some time, practice, testing, race, sometime. They took it off whenever, and didn't put the wires back the way they were before, therefore they were tampered with, put on right, but tampered with. And after talking with my bossman, who has been a team owner for many years, i'm willing to bet that the tranny in there is the same one he's been runnin all year. The southern officials have just probably never looked at it.

So what you're saying is , he's been cheating all year. NICE!!!

RGeeProductions
09-27-2008, 12:53 AM
"Beating a dead horse"
An idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed (2 previous threads) or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile.
(Aimed at where this thread is going as a whole, not any individual)

Bob T. Racer
09-27-2008, 01:15 AM
"Beating a dead horse"
An idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed (2 previous threads) or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile.
(Aimed at this thread in whole, not any individual)

RGEE your right, just responding to the previous post,that's all!

ThE sHaDoW
09-27-2008, 10:49 AM
"Beating a dead horse"
(Aimed at where this thread is going as a whole, not any individual)

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/064/c/0/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

RGeeProductions
09-27-2008, 08:17 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/064/c/0/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

sHaDoW, is that you in the picture???? The one on the ground that is....feel the love.....LOL

KyleMac45
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I wanna know were sHaDoW got that!!!

RGeeProductions
09-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Ummm, right click it to get the url......

KyleMac45
09-27-2008, 10:23 PM
smart man!

KyleMac

ThE sHaDoW
09-28-2008, 10:06 AM
sHaDoW, is that you in the picture???? The one on the ground that is....feel the love.....LOL

oh, no. I was the one holding the club. figured I would show you how I do it. LOL