PDA

View Full Version : On the road at Chemung

Jaws
10-05-2008, 07:46 PM
LImodmaniac was right, this is a nice track. What a view of the mountains over turn 1 and 2!

I took a walk over to the top of the hill in turn 4 and watched the TQ race with the kids, what a view (Thanks Fred).

The track is a great size for any short track division, I would love to see a Super Mod race there.

Turn 3 is weird, looks like they cut across the infiel and turn 4 looked even tougher, THe 46 TQ will atest to that. He hit the foam in 4 a ton!!

The suites looked very nice, cusioned high backed seats!

Food was decent and well priced but they had no salt taters.. boo.

Lets hope they move the race to one of the open June dates when there is no ROC race scheduled as I think a better date would have meant more cars and warmer weather would have more fans in the stands. Also they would get more than 10 SST mods

All in all a good trip with the kids.

Oh and by the way a big Thank You to Todd Szegedy. When my Autistic 12 year old son saw how long the line was for autographs he was getting a little uset, I think Todd saw that and snuck him over a picture, it really made my sons nigh and made Todd a new fan.

On to Stafford.

kinserfan11
10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Jaws; i saw the following there- Isma super mods; roc mods; Hooters Pro Cup; whelen mod tour; usac ford focus midgets; so i guess I saw ever type of pavement car there :cheers:

Jaws
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Jaws; i saw the following there- Isma super mods; roc mods; Hooters Pro Cup; whelen mod tour; usac ford focus midgets; so i guess I saw ever type of pavement car there :cheers:

Nice. I will go back again, but it would hope I could make it a 2 day thing. It was a long day starting on LI driving up and seeing the race the same day. Maybe even as part of a 3 -5 day trip with some other family things. I see there was an animal farm up the road from the track. ( I also see there will be a new reack about 20 miles down the road next year running mods).

KyleMac45
10-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I didn't see you Jaws!!! You see me on top the flag stand for the TQ's?

Kyle

Jaws
10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I didn't see you Jaws!!! You see me on top the flag stand for the TQ's?

Kyle

I didn't knpw you would be there, but I think I took your picture, I will have to look.

Rentawrench
10-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Gee He Posted he'd be there ---over an over lol---

Lou was the show in those TQ's

Jaws
10-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Gee He Posted he'd be there ---over an over lol---

Lou was the show in those TQ's

I know, but when I'm at the track running around with the kids the best laid plans go poof!

KyleMac45
10-07-2008, 07:56 PM
HAHAHA... I did say I would be there... LOL... Lou had a great car if he didnt get that left rear flat he would have won!

Kyle