PDA

View Full Version : chinese auction/bowling

leah28racing
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
1st fundraiser for 2009 season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese auction/bowling

Our 1st fundraiser will be held at East Islip lanes on January 31st 2009

There will be 2 games of rock-n-bowl. 1 regular game of bowling and 1 fun game(throw between legs,throw with opposite hand....every frame a different way to bowl).YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOTHE FUN GAME YOU CAN JUST BOWL REGULAR IF YOU CHOOSE TO.

-plus a bunch of prizes to be won.

$20 per person starting at 8:30pm

-includes 2 games of bowling and shoe rental and tickets to use for your auction prizes.

50/50 raffle
extra auction tickets will be sold.

$50 will go to highest game bowled of the night as well.

Hope everybody participates and has fun.
It is for the divisions fig8s, blunderbust,chargers, latemodels ,trucks and modifieds

Bar will be open as well at this fundraiser
prizes such as blockbuster baskets, avon baskets gc from fridays, appleebees,chilis,home depot, salons,carwashes and oil changes,tools,candle baskets, board games, food baskets, lottery ticket tree,liqour baskets,books,gc from unique golf , Denise from Denise's photos will be making baskets up ,and who ever wins then can get any driver of their choice printed on them whether it be a mousepad mug pictureframe etc....

leah28racing
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
please anyone wanting to donate a basket or gift certificate pease contact me for an idea what to get or just let me know what your picking up and ill come pick it up from you.
thanks

leah28racing
10-09-2008, 02:24 AM
there has been a date change due to a mistake in booking th event...The new date is January 24th Saturday 830pm. Day before the January meeting.

Mark your calendars:):):)

leah28racing
10-15-2008, 02:28 PM
ok tickets are being made up as we speak. please send checks or money orders made out to me Leah Maynor $20 per person.

i would like to have some sort of a head count before the event so EI lanes knows approx how many lanes we might need.

Hope everyone is able to to come and make this fundraiser a success for the awarding drivers for next year.

Again this is something i wanted to start on my own with help from other wives,gf and family of other divsions. As it was brought to my attention how they wanted to make things better for their divisions like have for SAFER. I decided to take the effort in helping others....I just need drivers and crews to show up and help support what we are trying to do for them:).

Any questions please pm or leave an email at racedriverfund@aim.com

leah28racing
10-27-2008, 10:26 AM
blunderbust

Scott M
Tom Walkowiak+2 guest
Kevin Romenney +2 guests
Eddie Mistretta +1 guest
jessica larsen+3
Rob Bader

trucks

Roger Turbish and 3 guests
Erin Dumicich
Frank Dumicich
Frank Sr
+6 guests
Mike Albasini 2 guests
Wayne Meyer 2 guests
Rich Giordano +4 guests
Lou Maestri

figure 8

Roger Maynor
Tom Kraft+2 guests
Mike Romenney+2 guests
Kenny Hyde+3 guests
tom ferrara+3
slim jim+1

chargers

Chris McGuire+7
Chris turbish+2
Frank scimeca+1
Danny Turbish+1

Late models

Roger Oxee +11
artie peterson
Chris LaSpisa
Tom Rogers jr +2

mods
Eddie Brunnhoelzl +4 possibly more
Ken heagy+3

People that are not drivers
Kristie Wanat
Elaine V
Bob and Lori Finan

Turbo
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
most likely i will have more than 3 guests as I know a bunch of people who are interested in attending the event.

maestri fan 1
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I'll be there.

leah28racing
11-03-2008, 09:58 AM
we need at least 25 more things for the chinese auction. Anyone else have an idea or something they want to give for a basket or gift certificate to some place???We would like to have everything ready before January begins.

Please anyone else definitely coming please let me know before January. would like to have the whole place to ourselves. We could make it possible:)
the more peope we bring, more money the drivers get

And whoever has baskets for me let me know i will come to pick them up.

leah28racing
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
I would like to thank Brian Paddleford of racing creations for donating a $400Custom Digital Print Lettering Package for our bowling/auction fundraiser. im sure anyone can use this for there car lettering for next year.

Thanks Brian, this is a big help.

debbie33
11-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Leah
Kenny and I will be there with some of our crew. I will donate a gift basket of some sort. I will let you know what in a bit.

RacinRob
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
ill be there

Turbo
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Rob, make sure your pops goes too. I am pretty sure my dads gonna be there, we will have to have a doubles match. :cheers:

RacinRob
11-05-2008, 09:12 AM
sounds like a plan...you might have to spot me a few pins haha

leah28racing
11-07-2008, 11:54 AM
ok guys tickets are in. please send me your monies for your tickets.

id like to have definite counts on tickets purchased for this event, so the bowling alley knows how many tickets they can sell for us to people outside the racing community.

Either i or Kathy Kraft will have tickets along with Maryann Giordano and Gayle Walkowiak.

email racedriverfund@aim.com

Just leave an email- one of us can meet up with you for tickets or they can be mailed to you with check sent to me.

leah28racing
11-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Now that the Late models will be joining us for sure next year. They will also get a percentage of the money that is raised for top 5 point fund.since they are racing half the races as everyone else

The key is for everyone to show up and continue to support their division.

leah28racing
12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
We are approaching the fundraiser soon. I just wanted to remind everyone about monies. We are trying to have as much money before hand to have a definite count on whos coming. Also to let the bowling alley know how many outside people can come in.

Also whoever has made a basket, or is giving a gift certificate for the chinese auction please get in touch with me so i can come pick it up. We would like to have all prizes done by January 1st. So we can have all the labeling done etc.....
Thanks!

leah28racing
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Now that we are only 27 days away from our fundraiser. It will be here before you know it.
Anyone that has gc or gift baskets for me to donate to the fundraiser please get in touch with either me, Kathy Kraft, Gayle Walkowiak,Maryann Giordano, or Elaine V.

Please, anyone that has not sent money in yet, please do so asap. We Would like to have most of the money upfront to be more prepared for this event.

Thank you

leah28racing
01-19-2009, 11:50 PM
please everyone is to meet in the bar at the bowling alley to sign up with me and to purchase extra auction tickets.:cheers::cheers:

Remember please be on time....:p:):)

See all of you there!!!

leah28racing
01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
East Islip Lanes

117 East Main Street

East Islip, NY 11730

631-581-6200

coming from sunrise take exit 46s which is Carleton ave.
go south until you hit Union blvd.make a left.
then make a right onto Greenwood ave.and its on your left hand side.

bowling alley is actually located on grrenwood more than main st....