PDA

View Full Version : Treated like garbage by garbage at Waterford

chevycraft
10-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Racers, I feel I need to share with you, my experience at Waterford this past weekend, It all started on Friday , when we arrived at the track, The track promoter/owner Jerry Robinson, noticed our arrival. At which time he walked over and uninvitingly asked us who we were and what was our abilities in entering the race. He then asserted to us that it was a points race.In fact he made sure he told us that it was their last points race.We acknowledged what he said , and he took his teeth out of us and walked away,however what we didn't realize was that this would not be our last altercation with this neanderthal. We unloaded and then set up our car in the usual way. We were allowed then to practice all day on Friday. Upon tech inspection on Saturday ,the INEX tech inspectors,noticed our steering column bracket was made from aluminium. This bracket allows for adjustability of the position of the steering wheel for ease of entry and exit. It has no weight advantage or drivability advantage, However this bracket proved to be the scapegoat for an even bigger picture that we were now starting to see. To quickly set this scenario, Jason Palmer was winning the championship by four points over Michael Jervis. We then found out, as luck would have it, The car owner for Palmer was none other than the crooked Jerry Robinson, yes that's right , the owner of the track,(no impartiality there right?). The Inex officials had no problem allowing us to race,and even shot pictures of the steering bracket in question,almost in admiration. When it came time to qualify for the race, Timmy was strapped in and ready to race. At this time Jerry approached us and told us that he would not allow us to race.This was absolutely ridiculous because the officials had no problems with us racing, but this was just Jerry's ruling.He told us that it was his track and we were not racing. To speculate what this idiot's motive was, we can only think that it had something to do with Timmy knowing Jervis from previous racing. Jervis was in the points battle and Robinson had to make sure that his driver didn't win by talent,but by limiting the amount of cars that were on the track! What a way to win a championship! What a great idea! forget about track rules, safety officials and sportsman conduct.Let's just not allow anyone on the track that has any hint of being competitive.Needless to say that I was extremely angry at how this all unfolded,that we were led on all weekend, only to be told at the last minute by some moron that we could not race.Is that really how racing should be? Is this what we would find acceptable? If it is then what would be the point of racing at all ? Why wouldn't we just call it place assignments or follow the leader, but just don't pass him! Our only motive was to do what we really love doing ! Racing! that's all. We wanted to do some travelling and race and support other tracks outside of our area, only to be met with such ridiculous results. We spent a lot of money to go racing this weekend only to be robbed of it by this Robinson idiot, He definitely took our money and ran. we were told to leave and he refused to refund the money we all spent there. In conclusion , I wanted to share this with you, only in hopes that you all would join me in not Patronizing and supporting this track ever again! or anything that this Jerry Robinson is involved with ever again. Thank You. Kevin Strumpf

All Trucked Up
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Should of went to Mountain Speedway to race with Nowak, Beatty and Gloor.

RichF
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Bummer - Sorry to hear that :disgusted

They do seem to be pretty decent to the racers at Mountain, though. We were there Saturday also.

ready2race15
10-06-2008, 05:13 PM
It is a shame that Track Owners have to push away cars from there own track to win a Championship.:mad: I Think That Jerry Robinson Needs some:help:!

rydogg97
10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
they did the same to us when we went up to their halloween enduro 3 yrs ago.they invited all enduro cars to race and we showed up and were inspected and were told to go home.this was supposed to be an open comp show!myself and several out of towners were told to go.as was stated before they like to stack the deck in his favor.

53ny
10-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad experiences at Waterford.Ive been to this track more than 15 times this year without any problems.The first couple of times were a little rough being an out of state driver,but then getting to know my competitors and track officials everything seemed to smooth out.Going to race with the points championship up for grabs (4 points between first and second) without racing there previously that season might not have been the best choice.King of the mountain provided a great race for the legend class and was good practice for the upcoming NELMA race.....jmo...kevin 53ny:wave:

ViscontiRacing
10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Congrats Kevin on your 4th place finish and to John Beatty on your 3rd place finish at King of the Mountain. We also want to thank John Beatty for helping us with some pointers that really helped out. We were right behind you two with 9 to go and got spun from behind in turn one. Then we got sent to the back and finally finished 12th. Would have been nice to have 3 Riverhead guys in the top 5. :applause: See you at NELMA on Oct 25th!

attituderacing
10-07-2008, 08:38 AM
:mad:The bottom line is that the INEX officals DID NOT have a problem with Timmy racing. Jerry Robinson over rode these people and had very vulgar language, lied threw his teeth etc, and he calls himself a track owner?? No wonder there are no people in the stands:help::mad:

sid
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey Kevin, sorry to hear about your miserable experience at my beloved Speedbowl. Unfortunately, it's been an all-too-common experience for many I've talked with this year. I do want to correct ya on a few things though. Jerry is not Palmer's car owner. Jason's father 'Jaggs' is the car owner. It is true Jaggs and Jerry are the authorized Legend dealers in our area, and you could argue there's a conflict of interest there, but I wouldn't go so far to say he's the car owner. And there was a point battle going on, but you omitted the 3rd competitor Shaun Buffington, who was the point leader going into the event and eventual Sat Champion as well. He beat Gervais by 2 and Palmer by 6 points in the final standings.

Anyway, it truly sucks to hear you won't return, but I hope it's not forever. There's a good chance Jerry might not be around much longer and if that's the case, maybe you'd reconsider. It's just been a tough season for us loyal 'bowl supporters. Jerry's just a cranky dude and has no people skills. There's many loyal supporters, some of whom are close friends, who've also chose to stay away for the remainder of the season due to unpleasant confrontations with J-Rob.

Not really making a point here, other than to let ya know that Jerry's may be the current operator and from your account, you definitely seemed to have been screwed over. But don't let his attitude speak for all of us down at Waterford. Most of us are pretty cool people and would have loved to have your team down there competiting this past weekend.

Good luck and maybe we'll see ya again if things change
Sid

chris061
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
wow kevin that sucks! but hey who ever heard of a reacetrack with favortism? defanitly not riverhead :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

chevycraft
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.jeff-pearl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20458#20458

chevycraft
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2008/10/hard-to-feel-sympathy-any-more.html

It just keeps getting better!!!!!

W. J.
10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, good stuff, but will anything change with that place? Seems like a new horror story each week.

fisherman
10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
wow at least riverhead will let you race and then screw you:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::l ol::lol::cheers::cheers::cheers:

tina bourdon
10-09-2008, 10:32 PM
on sunday steve harkaa threatened to kick me out of the speedbowl because of this racecar driver walter hovery ,jr,and his wife christine.but when i tried to explain to steve harka my side of the story he didn't want to hear my side of the story.on saturday night at the speedbowl christine hovery started trouble with me for no reason at all and the speedbowl did't do anything about it at all.the speedbowl is my hometrack because i have been going there when i was a kid.i don't cause no trouble there at all.i'm not a troublemaker at all.i heard that thompson speedway might be taking over the speedbowl next year.
tina

chrome horn
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
chevycraft, please check your pm. thanks