PDA

View Full Version : It’s that time of the year again!

Geno
10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Although they’re still a few races remaining on the schedule, I’d like to say thank you to a lot of people for a great 2008 season. I would have liked it to be short and sweet, but this is as short as it gets:

After taking a season off, or I should say, a year away from the day to day duties at Mountain, it was a pleasure to come back and see some great, competitive racing, and also to the drivers, the friend, family and the devoted fans.

Like any job, there are many people, those of who that don’t necessarily receive credit often for what they do at the speedway- people like Joan the program lady. Joan spends countless hours during the week, not only on the track program, but also on the Little Racers Club, crafts, photos (yes, she did that a lot this year) ideas (like the games at King of the Mountain), among other things.

Of course Joe and Dorothy Callavini- They decided to ask me back this season and I’m glad they gave me the opportunity to be the “reannouncer”.

B-Rad…aka Brad Slusser, who does the scoring- He’s also the looper fixer-upper! Brad always has line-ups for us, ready to go and always reminds me to leave WITH results!

Erica, who not only deals with happy drivers, she also deals with miserable ones at times and takes it well….not to mention the points keeper and handicapper.

My sidekick Ted- Ted, we make a good team. Some interesting commentary from time to time, don’t ya think? Who’s winning the next one? Oh yeah, no picks!

The entire track crew and flaggers- Willie, Petey and gang- wow, you guys had more spills than EXXON to deal with this season and I know you guys very rarely receive any credit. Cleaning it up & on with the show!

Pappy and Sleepy do their thing and I can always smell rappin’ Pappy coming. Tech ain’t like it used to be, LOL. You guys are smoking!

Deb, Deb, Chris, Mark, Mike Dan B, Mrs. Babula (I know your first name, LOL) and all of the folks in the concession stand that dealt with the heat all summer, among many other things…pure troopers!

AND…can’t forget about the guy on the flag stand, Chris Walk. Keep them flying!

To the almost fully recovered Kevin Green, Steve Williams, Joe Cutri and all of the photographers that lent a hand this season- thanks!

I’m sure there’s some that I’ve missed (no written list, LOL), but as long as you helped out at the speedway in any shape or form this season, it hasn’t gone unnoticed!

Almost last but not least- thank you to all of the press, whether it’s paper or Internet, you guys do a good job with getting Mountain Speedway out there!

Now, last but not least- DRIVERS. Without you, all of you, there is no show and you guys (and gals) put on some fantastic racing this season.

See you at the races!
Geno:wave:

NeetsAnnouncer33
10-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes great job to everyone this season I had so much fun being at Mountain and look forward to it continuing for years to come.

Geno I think with a little more time we will become, one of the best set of announcers out there.

As you said also gotta thank Joe and Dorothy for giving me a wonderful oppurtunity I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but Mountain Speedway.