PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Sk Drivers

NLECUYER
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
:mad: You should be happy to know your all the laughing stock of racing ...that was some of the worst racing ...well I wouldent even call it racing I have ever seen . I wish i could say it was just a bad day ,but its like this every time we get forced into watching your poor excuse for a series ... I hope you guys have alot of money to dump into those cars cause you aint gonna get a ride in a respectful series with a showing like that ...Atleast i know next time if i forget anything at home i have plenty of time to run home (2 hours away ) and get it and not miss any of the real action .,.keep up the good work

M T Pockets
10-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately, what we saw today does happen in all divisions on occassion. To make such a general statement is unfair to atleast the front half of the field. There was some fierce racing going on up front only to be negated by the antics of those in the back of the field who just couldn't race.

Congrats to Woody and the Champion. They were two drivers among others that showed they were capable of racing a good race.:cheers:

RGeeProductions
10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I totally agree with MT....
There was great side by side in the front of the pack with the SK's. Most of the issues were mid pack...
BTW: Wasn't it nice to see Fran again MT??? LOL
Fran's gonna kill me......

Sicklajoie
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I said this in the "Stafford" thread and I'll say it here, too:

All those cats in the SK race that spin and sit there waiting for the yellow to come out then mysteriously pull away when it does come out should be parked, period. Not put down a lap or 3 laps, but parked.
No excuse for ruining a race for everyone else because of someone's own selfishness.

M T Pockets
10-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Rich, I cancelled the A P B and Amber Alert. At first I thought it was a mirage or something but it was really him in person! Wild Bill getting an award, Bobby Allison the Horn and we came home in one piece. What a memorable day!!!:D

Camper Lady
10-13-2008, 09:17 AM
:applause:It was an interesting race to say the least. Hats off to TC, Keith and Woody for putting on a great show some good ole side by side racing. A BIG applause to Keith for a job well done and well deserved. Looking forward to seeing him in Mod at Thompson.:cheers:

chrome horn
10-13-2008, 10:03 AM
The sk's were brutal. I understand Rich's post that during the year they had some great races, but even a blind squirel finds a nut. It just seems there's a lot of stupidity especially when it comes to cautions. It's like beating a dead horse. Everytime we get on here, all divisions, we say how the cars should be black flagged for bringing out the cautions, and nothing changes. Or my other favorite move is just stopping in the middle of the backstretch. These guys need to brighten up.

As for Rgee and MT No Comment

TMAC
10-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Didn't they black flag Steven Reed for bringing out caution?I would agree the racing up front was pretty good.

stefanikfan
10-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I said this in the "Stafford" thread and I'll say it here, too:

All those cats in the SK race that spin and sit there waiting for the yellow to come out then mysteriously pull away when it does come out should be parked, period. Not put down a lap or 3 laps, but parked.
No excuse for ruining a race for everyone else because of someone's own selfishness.

SL, couldn't have said it better myself! I can't stand that. Park 'em, see if they sit and wait again. I bet the get rolling asap!

Rob,
aka, stefanikfan:cheers:

CynthiaTork
10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Sounds like the sk's weren't any better than the misnamed 'Pro' Stocks at Seekonk.

MattCarey
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
It took like 30 minutes to go 10 laps! I feel bad for TC and Keith and the other guys up front who could have had some exciting racing, had it not been for the cautions every 2 laps! I didn't get the exact count but I only saw like 11 cars on the track at the end. It wasn't pretty. At leas the weather was niiiiiiice and being outside was a blessing.

Rabbit504
10-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I can't figure out why they penalize someone 3 laps, and then give him the lucky dog 3 times to get back on the lead lap.
Why give the penalty to begin with if your going to give the laps back?
Dumb rule!

RichKeator
10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
I posted this on another thread... but it just seems like our sks always do this... whenever they race on the big weekends like Spring sizzler or fall final they fall apart... for our die hard fans at SMS, you know that there was a stretch in july august where they put on some good shows, just too bad they get the black eyes when the tour fans come in and all they see is a wreck fest... maybe they can't run a feature in the daylight... kinda like waterford can't run with people in the stands...OHH I KID I KID

Sicklajoie
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Didn't they black flag Steven Reed for bringing out caution?I would agree the racing up front was pretty good.

Yeah, they penalized him 3 laps, but because of their STUPID lucky dog rule, he got all 3 laps back and finished 6th. WooHoo!

MandyB
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
whenever they race on the big weekends like Spring sizzler or fall final they fall apart...

Or that rare moment when one of the touring series is in town (ie: last year when the CWES was in town; the SK race was as long as the touring race).

But yeah -- for the most part, this kind of thing happens every opening week and every closing week. When the SKs take to the track, there will be some sort of dramaesque business involved.

mikel 3
10-14-2008, 09:02 AM
All you die hard sk fans seem to defend them real good.We;ll see when we go to Thompson this weekend .I will admit that they usually put on a bettershow there .I would hope that the drivers actually re:help:ad these posts and use their heads .To see a race that is enjoyable for both fans and drivers alike would be a great thing.That race at Stafford was just pathetic and unacceptable.

RichKeator
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
All you die hard sk fans seem to defend them real good.We;ll see when we go to Thompson this weekend .I will admit that they usually put on a bettershow there .I would hope that the drivers actually re:help:ad these posts and use their heads .To see a race that is enjoyable for both fans and drivers alike would be a great thing.That race at Stafford was just pathetic and unacceptable.

gotta correct you for a min.... they dont race SKs at Thompson... they are SUNOCO MODS...lol I saw someone get ripped open on Blogger boys page for calling the mods at Thompson SKs

Groundpounder
10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
No matter how you dress up a pack mule, it'll never be a thoroughbred. The sks will never be anything more than a second rate support division, no matter how many "promoters" try and convince us otherwise.

CynthiaTork
10-14-2008, 01:01 PM
No matter how you dress up a pack mule, it'll never be a thoroughbred. The sks will never be anything more than a second rate support division, no matter how many "promoters" try and convince us otherwise.

Same goes for Lee's 350 supers, now known as Small Block Supers

gomodsgo
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
SK drivers are just perfercting thier skills so they can enter the fast paced world of the WMT.
:applause:

Precision Auto
10-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Same goes for Lee's 350 supers, now known as Small Block Supers

"Save the planet - turn pro stocks into swing sets!"........I truly did laugh until I cried.......thanks for making my day!! Linda :applause:

mikel 3
10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
When The Same Cars Show Up With The Same Drivers Sks Or Sunoco Mods .most Of The Time The Results Are Usually The Same.as I Stated This In Another Post Thompson Is Usually A Better Show.i Just Hope This Weeks Show Is Better Than Last Weeks Poor Excuse Of A Race.i Really Think That A Little More Effort By All Involved Would Really Benefit Everyone.we Can Only Hope.

Kevin
10-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Go to the Lap Times link from Staffords web site and see how long a 40 lap SK race takes. It's not just when the tour is there. It's 99% of the time. I think it took less time for the Late Models to run 100 laps than it did for the SKs to go 40 one week. Most weeks it is 50 minutes to an hour for the SKs, green to checker. 19-20 Seconds a lap, 3 laps a minute no cautions would be about 13 minutes. There may be some "racing" but only 3 to 4 laps at a time between yellows.

skmod81
10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

MandyB
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Let me say a few more things here:

The season record for most cautions in a single SK race at Stafford ended up being at the Fall Final (I counted 13 of 'em). The next two caution-filled races were the week of 6/20 (12) and the week of 7/25 (11, but that was the SK 150 that week). These were the only three weeks to have more than ten yellow flags.

The season record for least cautions in a single SK race at Stafford came up in a tie. This honor goes to both the week of 8/1 and the week of 8/8 (2; and the week of 8/8 also fell on a WMT date).

The season average when it came to cautions in SK races falls at 6.4 per race. Out of 17 races this season, only seven races had less than six cautions. Two had exactly six, and the other eight had more.

So while they can get a bit chaotic at times, they can also put on some really good shows. They weren't always bad.

Just my .02 with the notes I have in front of me.

KL17
10-19-2008, 11:22 AM
I'll go out out limb here (well, not really!) but before you hang the tag of the worst division on the SK's, wait until after the Turkey Derby at Wall. The Wall Sk's don't exactly race smart, but the street stocks take the proverbial cake. In a season when they ran there regularly, it took over 45 minutes for a 25 lap race, and at one point almost 20 minutes to complete 1 lap! Seeing that there's been no racing there this year, I'm expecting this one to fall to the time limit rule (if they have one). If they ran like they have in the past AND the track does invoke a time limit rule as I've heard, my guess will be for an 8 lap feature!

mikel 3
10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I really must say that maybe sk drivers or to be politically correct for thompson sunoco mods did pay attention to all the bad press after the stafford fiasco.I have to give them credit that the thompson race was really a good race .I just hope that they continue to put on a race like thompson instead of the mess we saw at stafford.Good work guys seeing a good race helped to ease the pain of the fifty dollar grandstand fee or even worse the seventy five dollar pit entry fee.It is just pretty poor of the track owners to bang the fans who support them year after year even in these tough economic times.

limodmaniac
10-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Keep in mind, that the Pro Stock race at Seekonk took almost two hours to complete 100 laps.

uticamike
10-28-2008, 10:14 PM
.........and the beat goes on. I find it interesting that this years WMT Champion came from the SK ranks. He's sponsored more than his share of
yellow's over the years and now we toast him. Some say its' the cars (not me) some say the drivers(yes in some cases). I think its mostly the tracks
tolerating too much crap with too light of penalities. The WMT race at Spencer was very "SK" like 9/40 and what was the yellow count at Riverhead? I wasn't at the SST race at Oswego this year but my favorite SK hater reported it was actually a pretty good race. I could see the pain in his face when he told me ;) No I don't prefer "sportmods" over "real" ones but the Modified as we know them on a weeky basis is near dead :( I'll take 20+ "sports" over 10 or less "real" ones thank you. Lame car counts is death to all short track racing.

skmod81
10-29-2008, 08:25 AM
.........and the beat goes on. I find it interesting that this years WMT Champion came from the SK ranks. He's sponsored more than his share of
yellow's over the years and now we toast him. Some say its' the cars (not me) some say the drivers(yes in some cases). I think its mostly the tracks
tolerating too much crap with too light of penalities. The WMT race at Spencer was very "SK" like 9/40 and what was the yellow count at Riverhead? I wasn't at the SST race at Oswego this year but my favorite SK hater reported it was actually a pretty good race. I could see the pain in his face when he told me ;) No I don't prefer "sportmods" over "real" ones but the Modified as we know them on a weeky basis is near dead :( I'll take 20+ "sports" over 10 or less "real" ones thank you. Lame car counts is death to all short track racing.

Exactly, uticamike for president.......:cheers:

uticamike
10-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Doug, thanks for the promo. I'd pick you as a running mate but your from a
blue state. I need someone from a yellow state (nascar country). Remember
kids on Nov 4th vote for the candidate of my choice. Palin/MCcain 08':wave:

Jaws
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Mike,

I don't agree with your whole SK hater mentality but you hit it on the head, I will take 20+ Mod Sportsman over a small full blown mod race. At Spencer the track mod race was pretty good. Heats and a consi, what a concept!

By the way TC has really toned it down the last couple of years and look what it got him....:applause:

uticamike
10-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Um,Jaws I think you might have read me wrong. I'm not anti-SK/SST. They exist because of a need. Same as the TV/ROC tours exist. Fielding a full
blown Mod these days is getting harder and harder. We can start a whole new thread to argue why but the car counts are shrinking as is the number of tracks racing them weekly. On the plus side DTRP looks to having them nearly 3 times a month,Shang2 will hopefully feature them and maybe there will be others. I won't get political here but the economy in 09' is going to be
a tough one on blue and white collars alike and racing is going to take a hit for it IMHO. Open wheels is what matters to me, Touring/Weekly/wet sump/ harder tire whatever. I wish Brian France were a socalist and spread the Cup "wealth" around and trickle some bucks down to us "little" people race fans. LOL.......................just kiddin:rolleyes:

zombo
10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
I'll go out out limb here (well, not really!) but before you hang the tag of the worst division on the SK's, wait until after the Turkey Derby at Wall. The Wall Sk's don't exactly race smart, but the street stocks take the proverbial cake. In a season when they ran there regularly, it took over 45 minutes for a 25 lap race, and at one point almost 20 minutes to complete 1 lap! Seeing that there's been no racing there this year, I'm expecting this one to fall to the time limit rule (if they have one). If they ran like they have in the past AND the track does invoke a time limit rule as I've heard, my guess will be for an 8 lap feature!

let's hear it for bashing! it's perfectly fine as long as you don't name names. gotta love it.

mattphoto
11-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I think the whelen tour race went quicker then the sk race that day at stafford

TJ1976
11-09-2008, 11:44 AM
The SK's were getting pretty wild at the Shootout. Their feature was caution and red flag plagued. They were originally supposed to do double file restarts until lap 30, but since they kept wrecking every lap until lap 16?, the officials pulled the plug on that idea and it was all single file restarts from there

Brian Hawks
11-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Someone post a pic of the 45 of Gary Young after the accident.

Right at 2 hours for a 50 lapper.. Shew..

JED
11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Photo of 45SK

Rabbit504
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Photo of 45SK

Holly crap that car is junk.
Is the driver OK?

TonyP
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
that car was junk before the race

Racer1_NC
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM
that car was junk before the race

Maybe, but it's scrap now.

SK feature was a joke......it's almost like the drivers thought the object was to tear up equipment, not race.

catfish
11-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Hence "smash & crash " tm

CynthiaTork
11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
sk = Seek & Kill

Precision Auto
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
sk = Seek & Kill

As if the Pro Stocks wasn't enough to keep me in stitches.......sk= Seek & Kill drove me over the edge! Thanks........Linda

klc
11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Holly crap that car is junk.
Is the driver OK?

It was a hard hit, but the driver walked away and if I saw right he actually wanted to fight the other guy involved!:disgusted

Oh, and Rabbit, nice signature. Way to be original.:rolleyes:

TJ1976
11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I went to the pits after the SK race and saw what was left of Gary Youngs car after...there wasnt anything worth salvage. Gary did not look well and looked pretty sore. He ended up being taken to the hospital later.

Very stupid of him to take his HANS device off

W. J.
11-10-2008, 10:21 AM
The driver said during the pit interview after the incident that he would like to rebuild his car and pay back the #14 next year. He also mentioned that during an earlier pitstop, he'd REMOVED his HANS device and ran the rest of the race without it, a decision he regrets making. He is lucky to have walked away unhurt. :disgusted
Watching the "SK" race at all is a decision I regret making. What a disgrace to racing, 4 red flags by lap 16, two before an official lap is in the books. :mad::disgusted

Groundpounder
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Maybe, but it's scrap now.

SK feature was a joke......it's almost like the drivers thought the object was to tear up equipment, not race.

That's the sk mentality in a nutshell! I really hope Charles doesn't bring that sh!t class back there next year.

TJ1976
11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
The driver said during the pit interview after the incident that he would like to rebuild his car and pay back the #14 next year. He also mentioned that during an earlier pitstop, he'd REMOVED his HANS device and ran the rest of the race without it, a decision he regrets making. He is lucky to have walked away unhurt. :disgusted
Watching the "SK" race at all is a decision I regret making. What a disgrace to racing, 4 red flags by lap 16, two before an official lap is in the books. :mad::disgusted

Hes lucky he didnt get killed

mikel 3
11-10-2008, 06:08 PM
If you were wearing a hans devise and took it off and continued to race that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.That guy is lucky to survive.Iwas in law enforcement for over 30 years and have seen many acts of stupidity like that.Most people that do things like that end up being organ donors.

TJ1976
11-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Heres the pics I got of Gary's car

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/tjnc1976/2008North-SouthShootout059.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/tjnc1976/2008North-SouthShootout065.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/tjnc1976/2008North-SouthShootout063.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/tjnc1976/2008North-SouthShootout062.jpg

RGeeProductions
11-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Oh boy....
Enough of this thread also....
Enough points have been made here about sk's, the sk race and there are many pictures of the race itself and accidents....
Let's move on....
Again, I can't wait for threads after Turkey Derby.....