PDA

View Full Version : No rule changes...but...new procedures!

CJfilms
10-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks to Buckshot11 for posting that original thread about rule changes, although it got way off course, I am going to 're-visit' this topic...

At the GranDuro, one car managed to slip by our tech and gate men with a windshield...this was easy enough being that he skipped tech and was able to blow through the gate when we were trying to organize a transponder check...very clever...but we have a 1-up for you!

I have about 175 or so 2007 banquet tickets...wasting away in my filing cabinet...I am giving them to Josh for the pre-race safety inspections... :D

You will have to fill out the top portion with your name and phone number and hand it in to the registration girls when they call for transponders...if you have not gone through tech, you will not have a ticket. No ticket = no transponder. If you don't have a transponder during the test, you will be taken off of the track.

Name and phone number on the ticket we'll give you. You will give it to the registration girls as a voucher and there you have it...transponder! Transponder = happy driver!

This way, you MUST go through a pre-race inspection.

Now...as for transponder checks...

This time it will be orderly or else we will have to just wait for each car to drive over the line...one..at..a..time... If you blow through the gate, then we will assume you have opted to start in the back of the pack...if you are already starting there...then you have opted to start a lap down. Fair enough? Racing OUT onto the track will not hurry things along...only slow up the entire process...

Finally, I know I am a quiet guy...my voice was never booming......until now. I have a little something to help keep your ears on me at the driver's meeting...which kind of goes in line with this next point...

Red Flags - Lights not getting your attention? How about a police siren? I may have come across something that will help get the message to stop moving out there... :D:angel: