PDA

View Full Version : Report on modifieds on Speed Report tonight

Howie
10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
We got home from Thompson just in time to catch the last part of a report on The Whelen Modified Tour on the Speed Report on Speed. Interviews with Don King, Ed Flemke, TC, etc.

Set your TiVos for the rebroadcast on Speed tonight (Monday 10/20 From 2am to 3 am)10/20

Looked like a well done spot.

yucaipa
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up.:)

Tooner
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM
It was a good story, about a sad situation. Same story we have told or heard for years. But they let the guys have their say, which impressed me. Maybe something will come from it, I hope so anyway.

MC

ModTourMan
10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks Howie. I caught the last minute or so...the focus appeared to be on the rising expense of Modified racing and how both the Modified teams and NASCAR need to address these issues in the immediate future. I'm looking forward to seeing the entire segment. It was good to see national exposure for the Mod Tour even though it was to highlight such a difficult situation.

ModTourMan
10-19-2008, 09:03 PM
It was a good story, about a sad situation. Same story we have told or heard for years. But they let the guys have their say, which impressed me. Maybe something will come from it, I hope so anyway.

MC

Yes, hearing the Mod drivers/owners have their say was impressive. The interviews I saw featured professional and compassionate statements from all.

MOD JUNKIE
10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I saw the story too, it's nothing new but at least speed put the topic out that many of us have posted inside these forums. Lets hope something good can come out of this like...PR.....$$$