PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Lost: Split Between Hirschman And Owner Ed Bennett After Championship Race

ShawnCourchesne
10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Paradise Lost: Ugly Split Between Matt Hirschman And Car Owner Ed Bennett After Championship Race ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2008/10/paradise-lost-ugly-split-betwe.html)

MOD JUNKIE
10-20-2008, 05:02 PM
WOW!!! Heads up report by Shawn, hate to see this all come down like it did though.

yucaipa
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
WOW!!! You never know.....:confused:

Brian Hawks
10-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I hope Ed has money...

W. J.
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
No matter what else, a driver with Matt's abilities will still have a good ride in the future.

And to Shawn, great story. :applause:

Tooner
10-20-2008, 11:27 PM
You know, it's funny how history repeats itself. Jamie Tomaino was fired from Bill Pott's 99 car just before the start of the 1989 ROC. Jamie ran the race, put another deal together, and won the 1990 Modified Tour Championship. I wish Matt the same luck.

oleblue
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
wow, truely disappointing, and quite an article where everyone is trash talking about each other. i hope matt can get a good ride and go for the champiosnship in 09

phillie
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Matt has got to be one of the nicest drivers I have ever had the opportunity to meet. I don't believe any of this crap for a second. It is Ed's loss. He will be sorry when Matt stands there winning races and he is no longer a part of it. I have walked through the pits many times and heard other drivers talking **** about people out in the open not caring who is around. I have never heard Matt say anything bad about another person and is always thankful for whatever comments I have given him. Keep your head up Matt!

Axel
10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
it seems to me to be a matter of perception. Darling did not have so much of an issue as Bennett did, so it sounds like (too late now) they needed to establish expecations and ask more questions about communications expectations and stlyes.

Hows that for an HR answer! It's just the trainer in me!

Precision Auto
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
it seems to me to be a matter of perception. Darling did not have so much of an issue as Bennett did, so it sounds like (too late now) they needed to establish expecations and ask more questions about communications expectations and stlyes.

Hows that for an HR answer! It's just the trainer in me!

Very good Axel: you get HR points for that response, but no Top 5 points!! :lol: Linda

Axel
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
lookin for every point i can get. I cannot trust you or Tbax!

Precision Auto
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
lookin for every point i can get. I cannot trust you or Tbax!

Axel: I'm so far behind, that even if we added in last year's points, I'd still be behind the two of you!! I'm sorry, but I have no choice but to add: Go TBax!! :applause:

Axel
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Go TBax!! :applause:

That is just screaming of wrongness... :disgusted

cornellsgt12
10-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Good luck Matt.

There should be no shortage of car owners willing to put you in their equipment.

33Munky34
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
This owner must be a real bone head Matt and his father are two of the nicest guys I have met in racing. Things were so bad that Matt was able to finish 2nd in points. This would like taking Biffle out of the 16 car cause he is going to finish 2nd to Johnson. I know Matt will find a good ride. Hopefully in the Camping world or Arca.

Walt
10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
This is the kind of story that makes people do double and triple takes. One really wants to ask why? I'm sure there are brows still raised in amazement.

Matt Hirschman has been a gentleman on and off of the track. He seems to be able to get the most out of whatever car he drives everytime. The one thing Matt doesn't do is get in trouble.

As far as I can remember, the 21 laps he fell behind the leader at the World Series were the first laps Hirschman hadn't completed on the WMT this season. And that was apparently due to a mechanical issue.

When a driver can bring the kind of performance he has and at the same time not tear up his team's equipment, one might think that driver would be the first choice for any owner. A lot of us would like to see Matt stick around the Modifieds for another season. Somehow, I feel there are very smart owners in other series who are bound to come knocking to take him elsewhere.

uticamike
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
You nailed it Walt, he's too good a talent to stick around the Mods all his life.
It will all be our loss I'm afraid. Talking to Matt in the pits is not difficult I've found as he's answered questions for me on occasion. He's also very focused
and has a intensity much like Richie did. No matter where he lands he'll be fine. Nice season anyway you cut it.

holleratme
10-24-2008, 08:38 PM
You nailed it Walt, he's too good a talent to stick around the Mods all his life.
It will all be our loss I'm afraid. Talking to Matt in the pits is not difficult I've found as he's answered questions for me on occasion. He's also very focused
and has a intensity much like Richie did. No matter where he lands he'll be fine. Nice season anyway you cut it.

See $$$$Does not buy class$$$$$ Hope Matt finds a class owner who appreciates his talents:applause:

Brian Hawks
10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Just for fun here guys..

Let's make two picks.. Who will pick up Matt.. and Who will Ed Pick up.

I wanna ask our buddy Rabbit about question 2.. :wave:

mattphoto
10-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Maybe matt will get a chance again will Gillete Evernham next year in Camping World. I like how he raced Stefanik at Stafford at the Fall Final. He raced him clean

33Munky34
10-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Maybe matt will get a chance again will Gillete Evernham next year in Camping World. I like how he raced Stefanik at Stafford at the Fall Final. He raced him clean

I am sure he has a good shot at it. I am sure it all depends on who can bring more money to the team him or kevin swindel(spelling). Both have done a great job in there races. But as we alll know it is a money game.

mattphoto
10-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I am sure he has a good shot at it. I am sure it all depends on who can bring more money to the team him or kevin swindel(spelling). Both have done a great job in there races. But as we alll know it is a money game.

agree with you 100%. Maybe Matt can get like 5 races in that car. I was impressed at how well he did at Dover I think he finished in the top 3 or 5