PDA

View Full Version : Constructive Criticism

Sac-Man
10-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Joe, I noticed they have numbers along the fence like mountain does. Could we send the cars around the track for the transponder check to the infield like you did, sending off problem units? Once that is complete all the cars will be in the infield, then have the drivers exit the infield at the back stretch and come around to the front stretch and line up by rows and numbers like at mountain. I think this would be faster, less boring for the fans, more efficient…

CJfilms
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Hmm....didn't even notice the numbers! Just goes to show you how getting wrapped up in things can help you miss the small things!

One of the biggest problems we had Saturday was that the cars (small cars mainly) came out in REVERSE order!!! I had 20 or so cars from the back of the pack out first! I will be thinking of a way to change this around so that we can have the first 1/X of the field roll out onto the track before the rest...

Numbers on the fence may be a big help...

Problem #2 was the units...some of them had a strong signal...some had a weak signal... We used up all of the units for the entire day and when one or two didn't pick up or were extremely weak, we realized that we were backed into a corner.....

Lastly, and hopefully never again, the radios....ugh...I gave a very dependable radio to Erin to take up to the tower...it wouldn't even turn on. I tested it earlier that day and it worked without a problem....go figure....

But thanks Sac-Man! ....I would call you Air-Sac after trying to take my head off on Saturday...but it just doesn't sound right....Sac-o-Air??? I got a good shot of you just before you went airborne next to me!!! ...now that was cool!

Sac-Man
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Hee...Hee... When you were scalding me for nearly taking your head off I later thought - But did you get the shot!!!
Looking forward to seeing that one.
BTW - Great job with the transponders. I really don't want us to see transponder troubles. I don't think there is anything that is more disappointing than to race your heart out and find that the scoring is all out of whack.
I really think it is a great investment for any racer out there to buy a new AMB transponder. That way you know either you fully charged yours or have it direct wired as I do and know scoring won't be an issue. You can resell your transponder for almost what you paid for it on ebay. It's a good investment.

CJfilms
10-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Scalded Sac? No way!!! I was loving it!!

I probably could have touched your car if I extended my arm out! I thougt I was safe behind the uke tire...leave it to Sac-Man this time to prove me wrong again! Last time Petey spun and came all the way around the tire to nearly miss me...this time Sac-Man went OVER it!!! LOL!!!

The closest shot I got was just before you went airborne! You can see the back tire crunched up almost in the wheel well. It was close Sac-Man...but no cigar! I would say you have to try again, but each driver only gets one shot...please no more than that!

I think I may have to start wearing the target shirt Petey gave me a couple of years back!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

W. J.
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Sounds more like you need to start taking pictures from inside a concrete bunker. :lol: