PDA

View Full Version : How is the current state of the economy affecting race teams

TJ1976
10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I can only imagine the bigger teams are faring better than the mom and pop operations....How is the current state of things affecting you, whether you're a racer or a die hard fan? I think of the Martinsville race and wonder what kind of turnout the Shootout is going to have this year

Chris
10-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Well a number of hotels are full in Concord and I didn't see any thing on the card at Lowes motor speedway. I'm guessing the turn out is going to be good. I'm just looking for warm weather at night.

Jaws
10-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Just like the market, the number of cars and fans will be down. (Stafford and THompson were the exception to the rule as they had good car counts and the places were packed)

It is going to get tougher to get sponsors at every level.

uticamike
10-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Regrettabley, I agree. You can see it already. The crowd today at TSS was very disappointing given all the racing you got for only a 20 spot. A beautiful day and about the cheapest concession prices you'll likely find had the place about 40% capacity I'd say. 2009 is going to be a tough year for fan and car counts alike I think.

:-BPalin/McCain:applause:

Axel
10-27-2008, 09:19 AM
For me, it’s wait and see. The economy has soured a bit this year but it did not really affect my racing schedule this year. I got to more races this year than last in fact. I will plan for next year just as I have.

If I feel I need to tighten the belt some, it’ll be on everyday purchases I think and wont affect my racing attendance next year. If I gotta tighten the belt a lot or lose my job, then all bets are off of course. I am not gonna make any rash decisions now about next year till I need to make the planning.

Looking forward to the Turkey Derby and the Icebreaker! (wish I could make NSS but I will be away)

kinserfan11
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
For me; NOTHING has changed from last year or the year before that because i Sstill go to all the races I want; stay in the same hotels I want and gas is still the same for me:cheers::cheers::)