PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Figure-8 Finals

charlie74
10-28-2008, 08:01 AM
This upcoming season myself and a few other people are starting the International Outlaw Figure-8 Series. It will be based out of the Midwest, most races being ran in Indiana, with a few possible in Kentucky, Illinois, and Wisconsin. We need a flagship race, a huge race to draw new light on the great sport. The only bad thing is we haven't landing that big sponsor quite yet to allow us to dive in with all we got. We are realying on the tracks to help us. What I am getting to is a possible East Coast World Figure-8 Finals. Indy has the World 3-Hour Race that pays $20,000 now, California has the West Coast World Finals that usually pays $10,000 but in 2008 it only paid $5000, so why shouldn't New York, where figure-8 was born, why can't Riverhead Raceway hold a East Coast World Finals, a 2-3 day event with tons a classes, but centered around the figure-8. Bring back drivers from the past to honor them, pay good, to bring in drivers from Indy, Flordia, and other tracks like they use to in the old days. This could be done if we work together, I know we could bring 5-10 cars from the Indy area, and maybe a few from the KY, and FL areas. This could be huge, and finally restore figure-8 has the king of Long Island like it was for so many years. So what to you all think, is this possible, maybe, doubtful, or am i beating a dead horse. Lets talk, EAST COAST WORLD FIGURE-8 FINALS.

art11758
10-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Note: I'm not being fresh here. I would suggest you speak directly to the tracks owner and promoter. You will have support from here, (real racecars turn left and right!) no question about it. That being said though, management makes all those decisions.
Riverhead Raceway
PO Box 148
Lindenhurst N.Y. 11757
631-842-7223

charlie74
10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
i understand that, but in order to help the management make the decision you have to be able to prove that the drivers, fans, and all other active parties are for it, and we need to start with the locals, how many cars would be there from new york, also remember like the 3-hour, the stockers and other lower budgeted cars should be able to run to ensure higher car counts, and more excitment for the drivers and fans. how many new york drivers would run this race. match that with possible indiana, florida, i have even talked to a driver from washington and california about this, and they are willing to travel if the pay is right. this could be huge, and put new york back on the figure-8 racing map. just trying to get a foundation built from the drivers, owners, fans, sponsors, anyone that wants to be invovled in this before we take it to the track management, thanks for your input, and keep giving me more, thanks.

charlie hargraves
president
International Outlaw Figure-8 Series
charlie74p@aol.com (email address)
317-731-4945(home)
317-445-4366(cell)
317-357-2227(fax)
250 s. gibson ave.
indianapolis, IN 46219

RGeeProductions
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
i understand that, but in order to help the management make the decision you have to be able to prove that the drivers, fans, and all other active parties are for it, and we need to start with the locals, how many cars would be there
Have you read the "NO LATE MODELS" thread?

Jaws
10-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Have you read the "NO LATE MODELS" thread?

I'm with you on that one.

But good luck, I would go to that race.