PDA

View Full Version : Roger O?

CheckerWon
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
How did Roger Oxee make out in the race ? I know he had problems on Friday ......... just wondering , I did not see his name in the run down....

Turn2Guru
10-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Roger broke the oil pickup on Friday, we were at the track until almost 8:00pm while his crew pulled the motor and along with Greg Kleila, his crew and Tommy Rogers and his crew, they managed to get a repair plan in order for Saturday. The owner of Mountain Speedway offered to lend them his shop so they could work on the car and not have to be in the rain. Rogers crew, and Gregs crew worked on the car and got everything fixed and ready to race for Sunday. Just goes to show how everyone helps everyone. Roger was fast on Sunday when the race began, a lap nine crash with the #37 who hit everyone on the track before the night was over, put Roger in the pits with right front suspension damage. They worked like mad to get him back out and were successful. Roger returned to the track on lap 24, only to be black flagged and sent off for a five lap down rule that was in effect. I don't feel this rule should be ment for cars making repairs in the pits, but rather for slow cars that are racing and go five laps down on the track. With 15.000sec lap times, five laps give you about 11/2 min. to fix whatever broke. As the race progressed, had Roger been able to compete, he still could have picked up a lot of positions with quite a few cars dropping out before lap 75. So all that time and effort by these guys and they were allowed to run 9 laps. He finished 23rd.

Golf Guy
10-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Also with all the cautions and the 'lucky dog' rule in effect, he could have made up quite a few laps. Car looked fast before the accident.

W. J.
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey Artie, where were you? If you saw some of the cars that made the race, you would know that you would have easily qualified for the event, rookie or not.

Can anyone say m00? LOL!

Golf Guy
10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Artie, where were you? If you saw some of the cars that made the race, you would know that you would have easily qualified for the event, rookie or not.

Can anyone say m00? LOL!

With as much as that car was smoking all day, I am surprised it did not run out of oil!! LOL

W. J.
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Actually, that may be why he finally pulled off on lap 24. 1 lap down by lap 4 1/2 should tell a driver something.

CheckerWon
10-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey WJ,
We were planning to go ....We had the crew ,the trailer , the money , the hotel room ,the food all set up, we even went up with Roger Maynor a couple weeks before that to learn some things , however, my kid's both had engine problems and being so close to the end of the season for them I put the money toward thier efforts.(They come 1st)(I had to pay my bill with Dennis also...LOL)Anyway, they are both in the hunt for thier respective championships as we speak with 2 races left.... We will try again next year... I did manage to give a little $ to sponsor a few laps for the race .... Thanks for asking....Artie

W. J.
10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Understood, Artie, I know what the kids mean to you. It was also thought that some didn't make it because it got pushed back to Sunday by the weather, and we all know that other plans sometimes get in the way. It had a good turnout, and that's what is important. :wave: