PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Howie
11-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Rich Keator lost his Dad Saturday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and friends Rich.

Richard D. Keator
KEATOR, Richard D. Richard D. Keator, 52, of Terryville, formerly of New Britain, died Saturday, November 1, 2008) at the Hospital of Central Connecticut in New Britain. Born in Norwalk, the son of the late Irving and Inez (Townsend) Keator, he lived many years in New Britain moving to Terryville sixteen years ago. A 1975 graduate of New Britain High School, he was employed in the Hardware Division of Stanley Works from 1979 to 1998. He then worked for Hunter's Ambulance Chair Car Department from 1998 to 2006 and the American Medical Response Chair Car Department from 2006 to 2008. Richard is survived by his wife Yonsil (Kim) Keator, his son Richard Keator of Terryville, his sister Karen and her husband Robert Martin of Southington, and a niece Mellisa Martin of Southington. Funeral services will be held Wednesday 9:30 a.m. from the Farrell Funeral Home, 110 Franklin Sq., New Britain, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. at St. Joseph's Church, 195 So. Main St., New Britain. Burial will follow in Rose Hill Memorial Park, Rocky Hill. Visitation will be Tuesday from 4-7 p.m. at the funeral home. To light a memorial candle or to send a condolence, please visit www. FarrellFuneralHome.com

Precision Auto
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Rich: Norm and I also send our condolences to you and your family.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

RGeeProductions
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I am very sorry for your loss Rich.

randomrodder
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Our condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. R.I.P.

RichKeator
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you very much for the kind words everyone. It means alot to my family and I. If it wasnt for my father I wouldnt be a race freak I am today. I grew up going to "The Park" with him much like he grew up going to Plainville with his father. He was very involved in racing back in the "good ol' days" when he started working on street stocks back in the 70s with the Beckman brothers who ran Stafford Firday nights, The Park saturday and Thompson on Sunday... always told me the story about the heated points battle the team had with Ricky Fuller (yes Ricky fuller) at all three tracks back then and lost the championship at Thompson, won the park, and lost at stafford all by no more than 10 points... he also worked on a few mod teams back in the 80s and 90s and actually finished his crewing time with the Judkin's clan... Im very thankful that he was there at the Bowl the night this past year that i was on the starters stand for my very first NASCAR event that Howie was able to capture... May he Rest In Peace now in a better place

Sicklajoie
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your father, Rich.

Linda
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Rich, very sorry to hear of your dad. Our condolences for you and your family. Rick & Linda

Rentawrench
11-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Rich Sorry to hear this , Our Prayers to you an your Family

See you at--- The Bolles Kart Series Banquet ?