PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Results of the 6th annual North South Shootout 1/8/2009

JED
11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Here are the unofficial results of the North South Shootout

Finish Driver Car # Start Spot
1 Burt Myers 1 1
2 Matt Hirschman 60 4
3 Ronnie Silk 79x 18
4 Ted Christopher 36 8
5 Bobby Santos. III 98n 20
6 George Brunnhoelzl, III 28 6
7 Jason Myers 4s 26
8 Glen Reen 17n 15
9 Chuck Hossfeld 98h 12
10 Rusty Smith 34n 21
11 Todd Szegedy 2 9
12 Brian Loftin 23 5
13 Erick Rudolph 45 2
14 Ryan Preece 40 10
15 Woody Pitkat 88 23
16 Ed Flemke 79 22
17 Charlie Pasteryak 5 3
18 Carl Pasteryak 75 28
19 Jay Mize 8s 33
20 Rowan Pennick 93 14
21 Eric Beers 9 11
22 Frank Fleming 07 13
23 Danny Bohn 659 29
24 Gene Pack 31 31
25 Earl Paules 8n 19
26 Jimmy Blewett 19 7
27 Les Hinckley 06 16
28 Chris Whitenight, Jr. 17s 27
29 Jamie Tomaino 99 32
30 Thomas Farrell III 08 17
31 Rich Kluth 44 25
32 Pete Brittain 66 24
33 Daren Scherer 3 30

TJ1976
11-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Any chance Burt may have used traction control?:confused: As much as I was cheering for a Southern car to win, I would hate to see the Myers team repeat the embarassment from Martinsville

MOD JUNKIE
11-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I dont know if he had traction control but when he tried a victory burnout the car sputtered and could not get the tires to spin, he must have been very low on fuel.

TJ1976
11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
There was someone standing in back of me in Victory Lane who was mumbling a bunch hate and discontent for Myers winning. Must have been a Junior Miller fan

RGeeProductions
11-09-2008, 12:18 AM
From what I understand, Top 3 cars were teched and passed. Now drop the Myers stuff.

The Modified Winner shot is here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/news110908_1_story.htm).

The SK Modified Winner shot is here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/news110908_2_story.htm).

The Super Modified Winner shot is here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/news110908_3_story.htm).

Thanks Howie!!!!!

Gary66
11-09-2008, 07:46 AM
There was someone standing in back of me in Victory Lane who was mumbling a bunch hate and discontent for Myers winning. Must have been a Junior Miller fan

More than likely. I'm not on either side of the Myers-Miller thing, but it's something to see at Bowman Gray every week, the pure hate ( there is no other way to describe it)than goes on between the fans of both drivers borders on the insane.

They would rather see the one they hate crash and burn than see the one they like actually win a race.

In 42 years of going to races at various tracks here in the Carolinas, I have never seen anything else close to it.

RGeeProductions
11-09-2008, 07:53 AM
More than likely. I'm not on either side of the Myers-Miller thing, but it's something to see at Bowman Gray every week, the pure hate ( there is no other way to describe it)than goes on between the fans of both drivers borders on the insane.

They would rather see the one they hate crash and burn than see the one they like actually win a race.

In 42 years of going to races at various tracks here in the Carolinas, I have never seen anything else close to it.

WAS something to see. If this happens in 2009, even by accident, they will both be out of Bowman Gray.

NLECUYER
11-09-2008, 08:15 AM
from What I Understand, Top 3 Cars Were Teched And Passed. Now Drop The Myers Stuff.

The Modified Winner Shot Is here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/news110908_1_story.htm).

The Sk Modified Winner Shot Is here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/news110908_2_story.htm).

The Super Modified Winner Shot Is here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/news110908_3_story.htm).

Thanks Howie!!!!!

Once A Dirty Cheater Always A Dirty Cheater

Brian Hawks
11-09-2008, 10:54 AM
WAS something to see. If this happens in 2009, even by accident, they will both be out of Bowman Gray.

I've been going there all my life. That little article they posted about probation was to keep everyone coming back. If it happens again the most they'll get is a one week suspension. It's what make the fans come back week in and week out.

TJ1976
11-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Anyway, congrats to Burt. It was nice seeing not only someone different win, but a Southern car too!:cheers:

mends
11-09-2008, 11:47 AM
burt myers is not a dumb dude by any means... my theory on the burnout for you guys...

burt knows (as does anyone familiar with TC) that you can't do a burnout with the unit engaged... so why would he do it???

reason: to shove all the rumors back in peoples face... letting them know, yeah i got TC, so does probably 1/2 of the drivers at the shootout and tour and tonight i won with it... i'll show you it's on the car by trying to burn out, then i will go through tech and collect my money...

remember, nascar didn't catch burt with TC, only with a "modified" msd box which is illegal too, but still that doesn't PROVE he had TC, but we would probably all agree he does..

you think 1/2 the field doesn't run TC???? i know shannon davis who own davis technologies and i have sold and resold units to competitors... (who me or shannon would NEVER name)... TC is in both tours, with both winners, champions, and mid pack racers using it...

so don't think burt is some dumb yokel who is the only one using this technology...

NLECUYER
11-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I can think of one team who doesent run traction control and has been on top of the "ole" modified game for many many many years ..and as for burt not being dumb ..I think this all goes back to the trying to get away with "TC" at martinsville with all the big inspectors and the biggest race of the year ...I think that is up for debate .. o and by the way ..all his "BIG" wins will now fall under I wonder if he was cheating umbrella ...real smart :applause:

Precision Auto
11-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Once A Dirty Cheater Always A Dirty Cheater

1. Cars went through tech...
2. Cars passed tech...
3. End of story...

Thank you.......Linda Case, Proud Sponsor of The Chrome Horn

NLECUYER
11-09-2008, 01:37 PM
2. Cars passed tech...
3. End of story...

true ..good ol dirty south

that was quite the burn out

Brian Hawks
11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
It's an outlaw race. Tech? You talking about the guy walking over and putting the sticker on the roof without taking the hood off?

It's the Shootout... Run what ya want.. There is no need to argue about this race. Burt won it. TC or not.. everyone else can do the same stuff down there if they want to.

NLECUYER
11-09-2008, 05:07 PM
It's an outlaw race. Tech? You talking about the guy walking over and putting the sticker on the roof without taking the hood off?

It's the Shootout... Run what ya want.. There is no need to argue about this race. Burt won it. TC or not.. everyone else can do the same stuff down there if they want to.

call it what you want i see it as " burt myers 2008 north south shoot out winner * "

holleratme
11-09-2008, 05:35 PM
2. Cars passed tech...
3. End of story...

NASCAR TECH??????:wave:

Brian Hawks
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
NLECUYER - Fantastic. You tired to argue with me and yet you agreed with me. That's the point I was trying to make. :applause:

MOD JUNKIE
11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
well I'll put this in before the Horn shuts this down, if you can run what you brung it should be posted for all teams to be made aware of, then they can decide if they want tthe driver to drive the car or the chip. All this has done is cheapen the show. Congrats to Burt and his team.

burtmyers1
11-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Say all you want but they could've torn that car completely apart and not found a single thing illegal. There were officials there that were at Martinsville by the way.

How bout that 60 go through a Nascar inspection?........................

REDEMPTION IS SO SWEET!!!!!!:cool:

TonyP
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
you call that tech? great burnout by the way

Brian Hawks
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
The 60 is ROC legal. Not NASCAR legal. It's an outlaw race.

I wouldn't advise calling Matt illegal on this website and then saying ya'll were 100 % legal.

I really doubt a NASCAR official looked over that car.. Most of them I saw were old SMART Tour people. Oh well.

NLECUYER
11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Say all you want but they could've torn that car completely apart and not found a single thing illegal. There were officials there that were at Martinsville by the way.

How bout that 60 go through a Nascar inspection?........................

REDEMPTION IS SO SWEET!!!!!!:cool:

congrats sweet redemption *

mends
11-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I can think of one team who doesent run traction control and has been on top of the "ole" modified game for many many many years ..and as for burt not being dumb ..I think this all goes back to the trying to get away with "TC" at martinsville with all the big inspectors and the biggest race of the year ...I think that is up for debate .. o and by the way ..all his "BIG" wins will now fall under I wonder if he was cheating umbrella ...real smart :applause:

i've never heard of the boehler's using it... but, then i've never heard of the myers using it, and neither has anyone else... so if you want to question one, you have to question all...

the technology is there, and shannon davis will tell you he has 100s of sales a year... but then, nobody is buying it... only 1 or 2 teams... haha...

chrome horn
11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
ok guys I'm throwing the caution.
I understand the devil's advocate and the well he.....at Martinsville.
I'm sure there are people who get stuff through tech all the time. NASCAR Tech doesn't apply because this is not a NASCAR event. it's open rules due to different touring types. They have to apply to the rules of their series and tech will implement things to even the field, ie: add weight, like they did to some cars
It is what it is. as Linda said he passed tech.
It's in the books Burt Myers is the '08 Shootout winner.

RGeeProductions
11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Ok, this isn't going to get like the Martinsville thread did.
Burt Myers won the North-South Shootout and that's about it.
What's with the Myers obsession? Maybe he will hit the Turkey Derby and win again...Boy, can't wait for that thread....