PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Turkey Derby?

TJ1976
11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm going to definitely make the effort. This may be the last one:(

KyleMac45
11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I know I'll be there! I will be flagging right behind the flag stand! My dad will be up on the flag stand as the Asst. Flagger!

Kyle

Turkey Derby 2008!

RGeeProductions
11-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I know I'll be there! I will be flagging right behind the flag stand! My dad will be up on the flag stand as the Asst. Flagger!

Kyle

Turkey Derby 2008!

So this means you are the assistant to the flag man's assistant?!?!

I will be there and my son is coming up from PA to shoot some pictures for TCH.

zombo
11-11-2008, 10:56 AM
i'll be there.

TMAC
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
No doubt i will be there.Question anyone have a list of drivers[modifieds,tour or sk]who will be racing.

gomodsgo
11-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd like to go. Trying to figure out if we can make it down there.

Do we go from NY to NH to NJ, or NY to NJ??????

4 day weekends are GREAT, but why do they have to put a stupid EATING holiday in there? LOL

Hope to see EVEYRONE there!!!!

MOD JUNKIE
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM

Kyle

Turkey Derby 2008!

Kyle I saw you at the shootout flagging a few rows up behind the flagman, I didnt know you were that young, you did a good job spot on with your own set of flags. OH and I would like to thank you again for the ride out to the parking lot that you promised me..........

limodmaniac
11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey TBax, isn't there a big green bus going to the Turkey Derby? A little promotional plug for the Hampton Jitney which will be bringing me and a bus load of fans to the track.

Anyone else sponsoring a lap for the show? Would be a great way to show our support for Jim Morton, who is getting the track open for this very special race. I've got laps 8 and 60!

TJ1976
11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Where do I go to sponsor a lap? Jim Morton deserves alot of credit for bringing the Turkey Derby back to Wall. For anyone that was at the Shootout...did anyone catch what the back of Pete Brittain's car?..It said something to effect of "Support your local racetrack" and something else.....whatever it was, I definitely agree

brittainfan
11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
The back of his car says...
Support your local racetrack.. before its too late

:applause:

ModTourMan
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll be there! I'm proud to say that I have been to every Turkey Derby and I don't plan on missing this one!

limodmaniac
11-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Where do I go to sponsor a lap? Jim Morton deserves alot of credit for bringing the Turkey Derby back to Wall. For anyone that was at the Shootout...did anyone catch what the back of Pete Brittain's car?..It said something to effect of "Support your local racetrack" and something else.....whatever it was, I definitely agree

http://www.wallspeedway.com/TD08/open_tourmodlaps.pdf

I called the number at the bottom and spoke to Susan.

KyleMac45
11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Kyle I saw you at the shootout flagging a few rows up behind the flagman, I didnt know you were that young, you did a good job spot on with your own set of flags. OH and I would like to thank you again for the ride out to the parking lot that you promised me..........

Guess you didn't lie! Sorry about the ride! Let me know how I can make it up! :cheers:

TJ1976
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
The back of his car says...
Support your local racetrack.. before its too late

:applause:
That was it. I wonder if NASCAR would get mad if he had :

Support you local track - To hell with Brian France and Bruton Smith

or

Support your local track - People want to see real racers in modifieds ..not crybabies in taxicabs!

BTW...appreciate the Wall Stadium link!

Teds Race Tours
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey TBax, isn't there a big green bus going to the Turkey Derby? A little promotional plug for the Hampton Jitney which will be bringing me and a bus load of fans to the track.

Anyone else sponsoring a lap for the show? Would be a great way to show our support for Jim Morton, who is getting the track open for this very special race. I've got laps 8 and 60!

Oh Yes, we will have a bus going from Long Island as Usual. Lets get a whole bunch of people going and support the Track. We can't lose another one.

Tooner
11-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I'll be there for sure, but I think I'd have more fun if I drove to LI and rode down on the bus, eh Ted? :cheers:

MC

gomodsgo
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
well the hotel is booked, so I guess Dawg and I will be there.

RaceVoice
11-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Trying to get the wife to allowme out for the weekend. It will be my first trip to Wall Satdium.

Jaws
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
We will be there and probably earlier than usual.

I hope the weather warms up, I will have a bunch of those hand warmer things this year!!

We should all try to meet at one point.

Axel
11-18-2008, 12:16 PM
i will be there, i believe. If Mike Ewanitsko is there, my wife might even show up!

Modtourman-- will you be there with the Russian Mad Bomber hat?

ModTourMan
11-18-2008, 09:06 PM
...Modtourman-- will you be there with the Russian Mad Bomber hat?

Да, это правда.
Da, eto pravda.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp535%3C6%3Evq%3D3357%3E%3A%3A%3B%3E29 8%3EWSNRCG%3D32397%3A43%3C7%3A4%3Cvq0mrj

Axel
11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Да, это правда.

Друг спасибо. Это хорошо. Не забывайте отключать рыбу!

ModTourMan
11-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Друг спасибо. Это хорошо. Не забывайте отключать рыбу!
She said what and I'm who????

chrome horn
11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I will be there. Smiling and laughing to myself, enjoying Wall for atleast one more time.

Teds Race Tours
11-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I'll be there for sure, but I think I'd have more fun if I drove to LI and rode down on the bus, eh Ted? :cheers:

MC

I've never gotten a complaint that the bus was too boring. :) A bunch of folks who like modified racing as much as I do, all living in modified Harmony, or something close to that, can't be all that bad.

catfish
11-19-2008, 08:35 AM
It looks like a great bunch of cars pre-registered. Hopefully they as well as a bunch more show up and you have great weather and as a result either the current ownership or the Ray Evernham rumor become true and the place stays open for years to come.:cheers:

gomodsgo
11-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Is there going to be a gathering? Well, I guess we can go back to calling it a Meet and Greet, right???

Pre-Race? Post-Race? Intermission time??

Howie
11-19-2008, 07:51 PM
A gathering would be fun, it'd be good to see a bunch of you again. Russ in his Russ-ian hat and Axel in his fleece lined lederhosen, etc. Don't know if I'll ba able make it though. I understand they are going to move the show right along and be done before dark. Intermission is scheduled for only 15 min. Fran and I will be in the infield most of the time and may not be able to get out at the scheduled meet and greet time, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be one. In the past we have met across from the fried dough concession or in front of C&C's souvenir trailer (don't know if he will be there). Also need to get a shot of the Lirpasti Cup being returned to New Jersey. (someone spent too much time watching fender races!)

How about someone picking a time and place and let's see how it works out.

ModTourMan
11-19-2008, 09:05 PM
We should definitely arrange something...perhaps a set time and a second 'floating' meeting time for if and when they let the starters/crew/photographers get a quick break (it would require everyone keeping on their toes for that moment!). Last time I found it easiest to just keep an eye out for the faces I know. Eventually we had a pretty good gathering. The meeting place Howie mentioned sounds good. It would be nice to see Howie and Fran too but if you guys don't have time to climb up the 31 degree banking to the grandstands, maybe you guys can utilize those way-cool zoom lenses to snap a shot of the gathering from the infield...it would probably make for a pretty funny shot...it would probably look a bit like break-time at Epcot with the Russian hat and German lederhosen - not to leave out the cast of characters from Long Island and the Big Green Bus...the 'Big Green Bus'...that's an E-ticket ride at Epcot, isn't it?

Chris
11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Cast of Characters? I resemble that remark!!! But I am only a supporting role. Ted has the lead.:)

gomodsgo
11-25-2008, 04:16 PM
really??????
This is it?????

These are the ONLY people that are going to Wall?????

To see what MIGHT be the last show there????????

OR

The re-birth of the track????????

RaceMa
11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh the bus is going to the wall, no racing just watching.

KickinAsphalt
11-26-2008, 03:55 AM
These are the ONLY people that are going to Wall?????

I will be there both days....
I'm a local yocal as some would say down here (live 30 min south of the track)...

I've met up with Howie, Fran, Russ, Ted and Axel in derbys past...
Will be good to see the old faces again and perhaps meet some new ones too..

Looking forward to this as I've been race deprived this season..

Get here safe everyone...

KyleMac45
11-26-2008, 09:50 AM
I second that... I have a safe trip down here to Jersey! Hope I can meet up with some people! Its great to see people that I have never met before! Can't wait to see you all at Wall... Have a safe Thanksgiving and see you all soooon!!!

Kyle
Wall Speedway Jr. Flagger

Axel
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Looks like we never nailed down a time or place. How about in front of the C&C trailer (if it's there) 20 mins before the tour type modified feature? If the C&C trailer is not there, then in front of the fried oreo/dough stand on the other side of the midway building? Will that work?

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys and being presented with the Lirpasti cup. That will be 2 years out of the last 3 if Ted and Linda are not aware.
-Axel

RGeeProductions
11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh the bus is going to the wall, no racing just watching.

And here it is, once again.......
http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/jitneyclassflamer.gif

Groundpounder
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
And here it is, once again.......
http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/jitneyclassflamer.gif

wrong bus.

ModTourMan
11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Looks like we never nailed down a time or place. How about in front of the C&C trailer (if it's there) 20 mins before the tour type modified feature? If the C&C trailer is not there, then in front of the fried oreo/dough stand on the other side of the midway building? Will that work?
-Axel

Works for me Alex...you just can't stay away from those fried Oreos can you? One of those things you hate to love or love to hate...you know what I mean.

ModTourMan
11-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I will be there both days....
I'm a local yocal as some would say down here (live 30 min south of the track)...

I've met up with Howie, Fran, Russ, Ted and Axel in derbys past...
Will be good to see the old faces again and perhaps meet some new ones too..

Looking forward to this as I've been race deprived this season..

Get here safe everyone...

Doug, are you gonna be sitting down towards turn 1? I'll be in my usual spot over that way. I'm 90 % sure I'll be there Friday early and 100% sure of being there Saturday VERY early. I'll keep an eye out for you.

KyleMac45
11-27-2008, 04:45 PM
First off Fried Oreo's are the stuff!!! Talk about a cold day and having a nice plate of Fried Oreo's! Powder Sugar on top... MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Then the racing... It should be a BEAUTIFUL weekend!!!

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow or Saturday!!!

Kyle
PS- I heard Howie is buying a round of Fried Oreo's! :applause:

RGeeProductions
11-27-2008, 06:13 PM
PS- I heard Howie is buying a round of Fried Oreo's! :applause:

HUH?!?!?!
Thought you owed ALL OF US food from the 2008 season. What did I miss that Howie owes you now!!!
Oh, because you didn't run him over at the North-South Shootout?!?!

KyleMac45
11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
I actually gave him a ride!!! He wsaid do you 3wanna give me a ride to victory lane... I said sure why not!

Kyle

Rich Mergl
11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Going with my brother see all you guys there.

Teds Race Tours
11-28-2008, 06:26 PM
wrong bus.

Its not an SK Bus, so how can it be wrong?

Reidonly
11-29-2008, 02:21 AM
I will be there and my son is coming up from PA to shoot some pictures for TCH.
Indeed, I will see you there tomorrow!
http://tristatetuners.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_3gears.gif