PDA

View Full Version : New Schedule????

RPMcGrellis414
11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
What's up with the new schedule...after all the great races the BB put on last year, their reward is less races and sunday shows!? I know alot of people sold their cars and it costs alot to race but its sad to see the BB go espically after the amazing year of racing they had last season

:(:disgusted:disgusted:(

Golf Guy
11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't know if cutting a few races in a weak economy is such a bad thing, it will def. help keep costs down and possibly keep car counts up. I also think all divisions, with the exception of the modifieds, should have a scheduled show on Sundays. Sort of like how they have some enduro shows on Saturday to showcase the Sunday program. You would probably get more fans for your Sunday show this way.
JMO

Teds Race Tours
11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't know if cutting a few races in a weak economy is such a bad thing, it will def. help keep costs down and possibly keep car counts up. I also think all divisions, with the exception of the modifieds, should have a scheduled show on Sundays. Sort of like how they have some enduro shows on Saturday to showcase the Sunday program. You would probably get more fans for your Sunday show this way.
JMO

Jim.
I agree completely, but, there would also be nothing wrong with a Double Header Weekend of Modifieds Either. Would Help With the National Point Standings, and make up the week the Mods Miss when the Tour Is Racing.

RACENUT
11-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Very Sad Schedule. There Is About 3 Good Weeks Of Racing On The New Schedule. Why Does The Blunderbust Have So Many Weeks Off? They Put On The Best Show And They Have A Good Amount Of Cars. Between The Blunderbust And Late Models Losing So Many Shows And They Fill There Spots With Circus Acts. Why Don't They Have All Racing Divisions On Saturdays And Circus Acts On Sundays?

Tracy87BB
11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
As Golf Guy pointed out, sometimes weeks off are not a bad thing. When we used to race Blunderbusts, we typically had one weekend off a month. I always found that wasn't a bad thing.

With the economy being what it is, drivers are having a hard time finding sponsors and racing strictly out of one's pocket is getting harder and harder. While sometimes drivers would have to make a choice between racing and taking an extra family vacation, the simple fact is that for some it is now a matter of making the decision between putting money towards a mortgage or going racing. Those few extra weeks off could mean the difference for some guys between racing a full season and racing part-time, or possibly not racing at all. One of the Blunderbust drivers themselves already pointed out in another thread that the few extra shows was - in his opinion - a good thing.

Granted, you will never make everyone happy. There will always be diehard "old school" racers and fans who remember the times when you didn't have to look at a schedule, because you raced every weekend. And yes, there are divisions that some fans would love to see every week. But I think the fact of the matter right now is that teams are struggling to foot the bill for their racing, and (judging from conversations I have had with several drivers) this could be a step towards keeping it in the realm of possibility for several teams.

Just my opinion.

And as far as putting all of the "circus acts" on Sundays, as sad as "real" racers may think it is, those circus acts are - more often than not - what puts extra behinds in the stands. We may not agree with it, but it's an observable truth. Take a walk through the stands when there is a school bus race or demo, fireworks, or Monster Trucks. You might be surprised at how many people come out to see that. Considering the state of the economy and the things that you can see going on with short tracks suffering and even closing across the country, anything that needs to be done to keep it alive here on Long Island is something we should just bear with. Again, just my opinion.

Jaws
11-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Very Sad Schedule. There Is About 3 Good Weeks Of Racing On The New Schedule. Why Does The Blunderbust Have So Many Weeks Off? They Put On The Best Show And They Have A Good Amount Of Cars. Between The Blunderbust And Late Models Losing So Many Shows And They Fill There Spots With Circus Acts. Why Don't They Have All Racing Divisions On Saturdays And Circus Acts On Sundays?

Sad is your opinion which you are entitled to.

Yes they put on a good race almost every week but there are only so many weeks in the season and a lot of divisions to make happy.

With the down economy it will save the teams some money and help keep the fields up.

As far as the circus acts, do you see how many fans are in the seats when they have most of the circus acts????

With all that has changed in the last few months I for one am happy to see the track will be open in 2009 and there will be a great variety of races to see.

I for one will be cutting down on traveling in 2009 unless there is a big change in the econom, Riverhead will be the destination instead.

tstiles
11-13-2008, 01:40 PM
im sure on off days, we could still go for practice...... right?

Tracy87BB
11-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, you can run practice on off days. The general rule of thumb is to call the track office by Thursday to let them know you are coming, that way they can plan for you for a pit spot (if necessary, depending on who/what else is running that night) and time.

RacinRob
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
I for one am very please as a driver to get some relief! Its a grueling schedule as it is and we onlky had TWO weeks off last year. My family and I are all out of pocket with NO cash sponsors so this is a blessing.

unowho243
11-14-2008, 05:25 PM
What's up with the new schedule...after all the great races the BB put on last year, their reward is less races and sunday shows!? I know alot of people sold their cars and it costs alot to race but its sad to see the BB go espically after the amazing year of racing they had last season

:(:disgusted:disgusted:(

Sad to see them go???? where are they going..... there still on the Schedule and we still have a track.... In these economic times I'd say were very lucky!
P.S i think a sunday race for them is cool!

rabbid1
11-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Couldn't have said it better Rob ! I'm all for it ! The Sunday race should be fun too !

tstiles
11-16-2008, 08:59 AM
i like the 3 time shows my self.....

The Bullfather
11-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm putting $5 down on Terry still being at the track racing something those off nights or atleast testing something on the track! :lol:

tstiles
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
lol..... thats like money in the bank pete....

fred
11-18-2008, 06:44 PM
big negative on sundays, sat nights r the best, bader u woose, lol,

RacinRob
11-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Fred not everyone has big pockets like you!!!

art11758
11-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Fred doesn't have big pockets, it is just the way the pants fit him. Now if it was a dress...... just kidding