PDA

View Full Version : Concord,NC changes no cooler policy for 2009

Gary66
11-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't know if the North South Shootout will be back at Concord next year or not, but I was informed by the head official today that they are going back to the 07 rule on
coolers. You will be allowed to bring your own cooler (14 inch max) and
your drinks and water again. It will still be no alcohol allowed and no
glass containers,but yes it is true, you will be able to bring your own
water once again.
Just thought I would pass this along.

holleratme
11-26-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't know if the North South Shootout will be back at Concord next year or not, but I was informed by the head official today that they are going back to the 07 rule on
coolers. You will be allowed to bring your own cooler (14 inch max) and
your drinks and water again. It will still be no alcohol allowed and no
glass containers,but yes it is true, you will be able to bring your own
water once again.
Just thought I would pass this along.

Well Gary is this an atonement from Concord Motorsports Park for their actions that embarrassed Mr Kepley who is one of the best promoters in the Modified Racing arena ? Remember this gentleman puts on a great event treats everyone like family and gives a week long show in a facility that normally be shuttered for the season:applause:

W. J.
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, Concord Motorsports Park seemed to have forgotten who RENTED THE TRACK for that period of time, and therefore, the lessee makes the rules! They are to be commended only for waking up, even if it is 3 weeks later!

Gary66
11-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Well, we told them last year when they announced the policy that it was not going to help them. They enforced that policy all year long and by the end of the season, a good crowd on saturday night may have been 300 in the stands, and I'm being generous with that figure.

I been at that place from the time it opened but that one was the last straw, I only went to the Shootout this year.

It took the biggest show of the year for them to finally see how wrong they was.

With me , it wasn't so much you could not have a cooler but that you could not even carry in a bottle of water or a drink, and then they charged 2.50 for a drink at he concession stands.

Contrast that to Carolina Speedway , a dirt track in Gastonia that runs on Friday nights, not all that far from Concord. They allow coolers in but I never take one with me , they sell can sodas and cold bottles of water for a dollar each and that is more than reasonable, I think.

I have seen on some other sites where some were blaming Charles but I know, cause I live here, that whole rule and it's enforcement was Concord's all the way.

To see the two Cabarrus County deputies working the front gate literally pat people down and almost strip search them looking for water bottles and soft drinks was an embarressment to me and everyone else who lives here.

I hope they learn their lesson and don't try this again.

W. J.
11-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, those deputies were so thorough they stopped people (myself included) from bringing bottles back in that had been purchased FROM THE CONCESSION STAND!

holleratme
11-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Since I was in the pits I was unaware of the events taking place at the front gate. I later learned that when he found out Charles Keply went and was trying to pay for beverages that were confiscated out of his own pocket.

As for the Cabarrus County Sheriff's I want to make this statement and I have a right to because I am a retired law enforcement officer. THEY SOLD THEIR BADGES AND THEIR INTEGRITY . Their actions is what makes people not respect police and give all officers a bad name.

For of us that are regular attendees to the SHOOTOUT we will go wherever C&C Promotions has the race next year. I will end this post by remaining calm and not start with my descriptive words that force Howie/Rich to take my posts down (like whitet---h and redn--k) Getting ready for the holiday my music is playing in the background and thinking that country music and racing go together. Let me say to Charles and Chad quote to Concord MSP from Brooks and Dunn" KISS THIS AND I DONT MEAN MY ROSIE RED LIPS":p

Gary66
11-27-2008, 08:31 AM
The track has the option to build on this, they have made a major change for next year bringing back offset chassis late model cars ( but with crate engines, yet another bad decision).
They do not promote well. It is a great facilty for racing,but the restrooms badly need updating ( they are the same since the track opened in 1982).
They also need to do a better job keeping the walkway clear in the turn one aluminum seats, I never sit down there for a big event anymore.
I know some of the folks at Concord and they work hard and they mean well, but the current owner almost always makes the wrong decision that will drive off both race cars and fans.
I would love to see the track get back to where it was 15 years ago, but that's not happening anytime soon.
With the change in the cooler/drink policy I will be back there next year, but I discovered Modifieds at the Stadium when they ran me off the last time and now I set my schedule around Bowman Gray.
Hopefully, they learned that this type of operation does not grow the sport.

As for the Shootout, I'll go wherever Charles takes it!

holleratme
11-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I agree with all that you say Gary.

BUT just like GM/FORD/CHRYSLER " They make the wrong decisions" The workers know the right thing but they are not in control. Now that the American public is not clammering for domestic models the big wigs are starting to 'get it', with 20k jet rides to beg for more.

The Sheriff's Deputies do not realize that a person walks in with a child of impressionable age and sees his parent FRISKED for a bottle of water.....WHY would that child as he becomes of age rely on law enforcement for help or render information if being a witness to a incident on the street? THEE Sheriff of the county should be censured for allowing this type of conduct

TJ1976
11-29-2008, 02:13 AM
I would hate to see Concord lose the Shootout for something a dumb as this. Where would the Shootout go if it wasnt run at Concord?..

I wonder if Andy Hillenburg would allow the modifieds to run at Rockingham?

corey17
11-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I would hate to see Concord lose the Shootout for something a dumb as this. Where would the Shootout go if it wasnt run at Concord?..

I wonder if Andy Hillenburg would allow the modifieds to run at Rockingham?

There are 2 sites being talked about, can't say where but neither one is Concord. I think it goes a lot deeper than just the consessions. And Andy would love to run the mods at Rockingham, we have talked about it, but the big track is pretty much out of the question....but the new track he built......hmmm.

holleratme
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
There are 2 sites being talked about, can't say where but neither one is Concord. I think it goes a lot deeper than just the consessions. And Andy would love to run the mods at Rockingham, we have talked about it, but the big track is pretty much out of the question....but the new track he built......hmmm.

Cory you are right it is deeper. When you can't take care of a local businessman and promote yourself by putting a good foot forward you can be what you are a Dale Earhardt jeans commercial site

It is time for a change

Groundpounder
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't care where it is next year. After this weekend, if Dick Brooks is the race director again, I wouldn't go if I got free tickets and transportation.