PDA

View Full Version : What are you Thankful For?????

gomodsgo
11-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, its a few days before Thanksgiving and thought I would start a thread about our thanks for this year.

My Thanks....... I'm thankful for my parents. They take care of my boyz so I can go to the races and live out with Mad Dawg in NY. So, THANKS MOM!!!

Thankful for that cold night at thompson a year and a half ago.

Thankful for having the oppertunities all year to attend all the races I can.

Thankful for my friends that I have made over the years.
That's a start.............

Now........... your turn...... What are you thankful for???????

Precision Auto
11-25-2008, 04:54 PM
What a great thread.......

Both Norm and I are thankful for family and for our friends, in and out of racing.

I'm thankful that my cousin and her brother, although battling difficult health issues, are doing well.

We're thankful that our friend Marc continues to be safe in Iraq, on this his fourth tour. And for all the soldiers who put their lives on the line so that we may enjoy our everyday freedoms.

We're thankful that we have two great employees at Precision Automotive, who have always been our extended family. And that Chris and his wife are expecting their first child, due on Thanksgiving.

And I'm grateful for The Chrome Horn and the new friends I've made and continue to make.

I'll probably be back later, but that's about it for now.

Happy Turkey Day to all.......Linda and Norm Case

ModTourMan
11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm thankful that God has blessed me with my family - my wife Lisa and my two beautiful daughters Sara and Michelle, who provide me with such joy on a daily basis...for my Mom who took care of my daily needs all those years ago...for my Dad who by just going through his daily routine taught me to feel the pride of purpose in going out there and working long hours (for many years) at a sometimes unrewarding job, to quietly to take care of his family...I'm so thankful that they are both still with me (mom will be at the Derby!)...I'm thankful for my sister and my nephew David - a 1/4 midget racer himself!...for my grandparents who introduced me to the Modifieds way back when...and to all my friends, including my new friends I've met here at the Chrome Horn and at various tracks through the years. Lastly, I'm thankful for this post which let me get back to focusing on whats so wonderful about my life!

EDIT: I almost forgot...I'm thankful for my Russian Hat - and for the need to use it at the Turkey Derby at least one more time!!!

Chris
11-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I am thankful for my health, family, friends. To this country where we can pursue our dreams, for the power you feel when you go into the voting booth and to those who fight to protect it. For Jim Morton bringing Wall back to life!!!and to all of you here on the Chrome Horn for bringing friends together up and down the east coast making each track feel like your home track.
And to Linda and Norm Case who at a drop of a hat will give of themselves to help the less fortunate.
Happy Thanksgiving.....

Axel
11-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Pork Roll.

Axel
11-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Oh, I almost forgot about the real priorities.
1. My immediate and extended family- who rock, are as nutty as I am and put up with my crap all the time. My extended family who have proved that even if we are all nuts, your hearts are in the right place. My grandson, Peyton Boyle-Stehr, who is the cutest kid on the planet. Can’t wait till he gets the racing bug.
2. My father especially, who taught me you can be serious and crazy as hell- just not at the same time.
3. My house, especially in light that many people do not have homes or decent housing.
4. This great country. I am not an outwardly patriotic person, but this country is the greatest place in the world.
5. My racing habit and my race buddies. Some of the best and craziest people I’ve ever met.
6. The sound, the smell and the sights of modified racing. The excitement of watching pace laps right before a huge race.
7. My commute to work in the mornings—thru the heart of Sourland Mts. It’s as beautiful as it gets in NJ.
8. My job- fulfilling and good employment. Good boss and good co-workers. What more could you ask for where you gotta spend more time there than at home.
9. Pork roll. (again)

KyleMac45
11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
I am thankful for soo much including my family, everyone that has been there all year long. I am also thankful for everyone that has been there during the rough times...

Have a great Thanksgiving... Hope to see you at Turkey Derby...

Kyle McGowan

RIP JBIII

randomrodder
11-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm Thankful for my;

God :applause:
Family, Wife Pat, Daughter Jen, Son Peter :applause:
Home :applause:
Friends :applause:
Every breath I take. :applause:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. :cheers:

Dean9T
11-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I will be quick family football turkey and A TURKEY DERBY!

RGeeProductions
11-26-2008, 09:42 PM
#1 my family, my son & daughter, my mom and my sister, always
#2 the friends I have made in the past few years, means everything to me
#3 everything that has happened to me in life, you learn from each and every thing, good OR bad...
#4 and of course for..........

http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/TD2008.jpg

yucaipa
11-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I am thankful for the very cool pictures like the one above. (plus much much more):)