PDA

View Full Version : the rock

jfp711
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM
I just read that the uara cars tested at Rockingham, what need's to be done to get the modifieds there, how great would that be.......

Teds Race Tours
11-28-2008, 11:49 AM
They'd really have to use small restrictor plates there. The Cup guys were about 35 mph faster at the Rock than at NHMS. Pretty fast mile track with high banking.

Hammerdown
11-28-2008, 04:00 PM
The new owners actually built at 1/2 mile track inside the big track. That would be a great option

Teds Race Tours
11-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Didn't know about the 1/2 mile. I LOVE the ROCK. I wish it to be successful because Its such a racey Mile Track.

corey17
11-29-2008, 01:56 PM
The new owners actually built at 1/2 mile track inside the big track. That would be a great option

The 1/2 mile track is actually right behind the backstretch, the sign-in building back there will also be the ticket booth for the smaller track. I had heard it was a "test track", and was just like Martinsville. It is more than just a "test track", it's one of the nicest tracks i've ever seen. And it's laid out just like Martinsville, except it has a lotttt more banking.

go here for pics of the new track, in the "Rockingham Hooters Pro Cup" http://corey.myphotoalbum.com

VoiceofNSS
12-12-2008, 05:44 AM
As far as I heard, the 1/2 mile track is concrete (although from your pics, it's looks to be blacktop)...

With the new testing rules for NASCAR, there are already a lot more Cup Teams already testing at NSS, teams that haven't been there before, as well as some of the teams that tested earlier in '08...

I'm sure that Rockingham will see a similar result at the 1/2 mile track.