PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on Turkey derby win

RichKeator
11-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Congrats to Showtime on the win. Im sure is was a very special win for Jimmy and his family down there at there home track..

The Bullfather
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
AND.....Everyone he knocked out of the way!!! Everyone was booing him at the end of the event! It was like bumper cars out there with Jimmy being the bully. He should have been blacked flagged and sent down for putting Billy Weichert in the wall, The guy rode the wall in turns 3 and 4 and could have been seriously injuried of he hit the exit opening between the the walls. Jimmy had the balls to even say in victory lane "The villian always win!" Jimmy drove through more then half the field.

gmac19
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM
first off showtime did a great job driving thru the field. when he puts his right front tire under neath someones left rear wheel the guy on the outside needs to hold there line..not come down so thats there own fault,and for the crash with the 11 he said him and the 11 car got stuck together ..and matt hirschman is a great driver but he set him self up by saying something and jimmy had something to say back...:applause:

mod fan99
11-29-2008, 08:16 PM
You got to be kiddin me..........that was a joke..........showtime must have knocked at least 7or8 cars out of the way I am not sure if I was at arace or wwe wrestling.

The Bullfather
11-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey it's a McGown what do you expect hahah Hey I know Jimmy, he's one awesome guy to talk with in the pits and just chill with, but sometimes when he gets behind the wheel he becomes Dr. Jykell and Mr. Hyde and I he would probably tell you the same thing lol He ripped through the field today and left a lot of driver unhappy on how he passed them!

phillie
11-29-2008, 10:02 PM
got a text from a friend down there he said "the mod race was worth the admission alone and Jimmy hit everything but the pacecar" lol

CONEXPCJ
11-29-2008, 10:22 PM
It was definitely ugly. Not Jimmy's fault though... It is the officials responsibility to control that. They chose to make no calls on the open mod race. It was pretty much a free-for-all. Good racing overall, just felt it could have been called better. On the lighter side of things, a huge thank you has to go out to Jim Morton for sticking his neck out and putting this show on. He was rewarded with a HUGE crowd and record car counts. Thanks for a great day of entertainment.:applause:

RichKeator
11-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I do have to say i wassnt there to see the show but....When Dale Earnhardt Sr. ran people over for a win, sure everyone in the house booed him and everyone at home threw something at the TV... but you know what would happen the next week.... Everyone would be at the next track or infront of the TV to see if he was going to do it again... and with the state of wall Stadium, if they do this again next year, Im sure everyone will be back in those seats to see if hes gonna do it again next year... in the sport of auto racing theres always going to be that "bad guy" BUT when that "bad guys going to be at the track, you better believe hes gonna sell some tickets and and put butts in those seats

limodmaniac
11-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm just glad the 11 was not hurt. He was flat out driven into and almost over the wall.

Fkraft99
11-29-2008, 11:20 PM
boo'ing? Damn I thought they were saying BLLLLEEEEEWWWWWW ett. lol

Axel
11-30-2008, 07:29 AM
That's what i was saying Freddie! NOT.

Seriously tho, it was a very entertaining race. The race had drama, people standing for the last 10 laps, people booing/cheering and pretty entertaining post-race interview. Overall it was an exciting race and a nice day.

Jim Morton took a big gamble and he was rewarded with a great day, a huge crowd and a huge car count. I am keeping my fingers crossed for next year.

Sorry i missed many people at the meet/greet, but I was there!

I will echo LIMM comments-- I am glad Weichert was not hurt. That was kind of scary looking.

Chris
11-30-2008, 10:15 AM
An emotional day I got choked up when the mods hit the track. It was worth every penny definitely not a snoozer. Sorry I missed the meeting. I wondered around a couple times but did not see anyone. The turn out was awesome there wasn't an empty seat in the house. I would love to see the track open for next season even if it is just for a couple of special races (Garden State classic, ROC,WMT, Turkey Derby)
THANKS JIM MORTON:cheers::applause:

uticamike
11-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I wasn't there but after reading the posts here and raceNY I think it went like this. Jimmy B drives a mod like a cue ball. Wreckin is racing is OK cause Dale Sr
did it and sold seats. Jimmy is cocky in post race but thats OK cause the 11 cars driver is not hurt. Nice standards some of you have. (But Mike its hard to pass at Wall). Ok, sorry, silly me this is Jimmy's "home" track. You'd think
after JB3 he might have more respect but......... maybe not.:help:

jfp711
11-30-2008, 05:12 PM
You know, I hate when any driver uses his car as a weapon, which jimmy as done in the past ( rucocco stafford ) but moving somebody... big deal...... it's tough to pass at wall, you need to do what you have to do.....quit *****in..... nice job jimmy...............

KyleMac45
11-30-2008, 05:19 PM
NICE JOB to Jimmy Blewett and the whole 19 team on there win! It was great to be back at my home track...

Kyle

PS- I baught Fran his Pork Roll Egg and Cheese! BUT Howie didnt pay up with those Fried Oreo's LOL

Groundpounder
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Any of you frickin retards who actually think what showtime did was acceptable should do everyone a favor and just stick to watching your WWE crap, because you are in no way shape of form RACE fans. Sad really, I thought he'd matured quite a bit as a driver since his brother got killed. I guess I was wrong.

Of course you can't put all the blame on Blewett. Once again, no penalties were issued for any of the on track garbage that went on. Morton did a great job putting this event together. His only screw-up was bringing in Dick Brooks as race director. Nice guy, horrible race director. I'm all done going to any events where he's the race director. It's absolutely disgusting the crap he lets go unpunished. Hopefully this event is back next year. Only with a race director that'll actually make sure we see a race, not just some brainless wingnut knocking everyone out of the way.

Kevin
11-30-2008, 06:44 PM
You know, I hate when any driver uses his car as a weapon, which jimmy as done in the past ( rucocco stafford ) but moving somebody... big deal...... it's tough to pass at wall, you need to do what you have to do.....quit *****in..... nice job jimmy...............
I’m curious how this works.. It's not OK to use a car as a weapon, (I know that incident well, I was there, I did see it, I've seen the video.) but it’s OK to move a guy to pass him? Do you mean it’s OK to do that up to the point that the car becomes a weapon and then it’s not OK again? Or are you saying it’s OK to use a car as a weapon; you just hate it? Wasn’t it “good hard racing” that lead Jimmy to feel he needed to use his car as a weapon against Ruocco that night at Stafford? I mean if you’re going to live by the sword you must expect to die by it also. And usually the shoe doesn’t fit on the other foot when that happens, much like that night at Stafford.

Sicklajoie
11-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree about Brooksie. Nice guy, but he has no business being a race director.
His driver's meetings are the same ole blah blah blah. It might as well be a
tape recording from 20 years ago. "We're not gonna put up with this that and the other thing. We're gonna black flag ya."
Yep, yep, yep...whatever.

Fkraft99
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
hey we know that if you live by the sword you die by the sword. when everyone thought jimmy was gonna be pissed at Rowan for the Sk race, must have been pretty surprised to see him be the first over to say congrats after the race. we probably should have just cried kickin and screamin like the guy that finished 2nd in the mod race.

limodmaniac
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Didn't Jimmy do the same thing last year? But last year if I recall he got wrecked badly and everyone went crazy. Not much different with what he did with the 11. As far as I'm concerned it's not the Hirschman deal that made him the villian. It was spearing the 11 and a few others on his way to the front.

WEEZER
11-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Nice run by Riverheads chuck steur 11x, he pitted almost a million times trying to get the set up right and still finished 8th. As for Jimmy Blewett, until somebody does something to him about his driving, he'll just keep doing it, so more power to him, but I wonder how it would have been if TC was there????

Twizted
11-30-2008, 10:02 PM
i agree...jimmy did hit everything but the pace car

Fkraft99
11-30-2008, 10:27 PM
i dunno i think he might have clipped the pace car.

i wont address the 11 deal. anyone that was scanning me and jimmy during the race knows what happened and how jimmy felt about it, and thats as far as i will go. maybe if anyone was listening then they can elaborate.

The Bullfather
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Vids should be up tommorrow, I'll let you know.

gmac19
12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.thatisking.com/08photos/tdxxxv2.htm ...those pictures tell a lot..look where matt is..i think matt is one of the best drivers out there hands down and will continue to dominate in years to come..

Brian Hawks
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
So, Jimmy is supposed to let off the gas and let Matt win? Looks like Jimmy was coming (with fresher tires) and Matt ran him onto the apron.

Good Job Showtime.

KyleMac45
12-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Any of you frickin retards who actually think what showtime did was acceptable should do everyone a favor and just stick to watching your WWE crap, because you are in no way shape of form RACE fans. Sad really, I thought he'd matured quite a bit as a driver since his brother got killed. I guess I was wrong.

Of course you can't put all the blame on Blewett. Once again, no penalties were issued for any of the on track garbage that went on. Morton did a great job putting this event together. His only screw-up was bringing in Dick Brooks as race director. Nice guy, horrible race director. I'm all done going to any events where he's the race director. It's absolutely disgusting the crap he lets go unpunished. Hopefully this event is back next year. Only with a race director that'll actually make sure we see a race, not just some brainless wingnut knocking everyone out of the way.

OK... First of all... LOOK AT THE PICTURES my brother has posted... THEY TELL THE STORY!

WHat Jimmy did was ok... because his tire was there Matt moved down a lane and put Jimmy on the apron! PLUS- Jimmy's driving style is aggresive like him or hate him his driving style is aggresive... I agree with what Brian Hawks said.. What you wanted Jimmy to lay off the gas? UHH NOOO!

Kyle

PS- Hey Mr. Groundpunder so your calling us stupid? OK... Again look at the pictures then reply...

Precision Auto
12-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Sorry, but I just couldn't let this one by, but I take offense to using the words "frickin retards". You've always been an oppinioned person and I respect that, but, to me, this crosses the line. Linda Case

hollywoodmic
12-01-2008, 11:33 AM
OK I must admit Jimmy was rough. I enjoyed the show, I didn't like what happened with the 11 car. Other than the 11 though I don't recall him taking anyone else out. Maybe Jamie Tomaino, which caused Ken Wooley's day to end as well.He got in the corner and used them up. Do I agree with that?? Not necessarily. I didn't see much passing unless you did it that way though. Could it be that the track wasn't run on all year and there was no 2nd groove due to that?? I don't know. What I do know is if that was JR Betruccio was knocking people out of the way he would have been dealt with differently. The one thing we ask from all officials is consistency it would be great to get it one time.

I just wanted to say great run for Jamie Tomaino before it all ended and Tony Ferrante Jr as well before he got "used up". If they put this deal on again next year I would definatley go, I was extremly entertained.

It was also a class move by Kevin Eyers, after he sent the drivers through the stands to collect money with their helmets. He proceeded to drive on the front straightaway and point to his helmet and give every fan the thumbs up to thank them. I thought that was pretty cool. As for the promoter, good things happen to people who do good things, congrats on a great day.

jfp711
12-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I’m curious how this works.. It's not OK to use a car as a weapon, (I know that incident well, I was there, I did see it, I've seen the video.) but it’s OK to move a guy to pass him? Do you mean it’s OK to do that up to the point that the car becomes a weapon and then it’s not OK again? Or are you saying it’s OK to use a car as a weapon; you just hate it? Wasn’t it “good hard racing” that lead Jimmy to feel he needed to use his car as a weapon against Ruocco that night at Stafford? I mean if you’re going to live by the sword you must expect to die by it also. And usually the shoe doesn’t fit on the other foot when that happens, much like that night at Stafford.

....... When Jimmy hooked a right with every intention to wreck the #91@ stafford that's using your car as a weapon, What James Civali did at Riverhead is using your car as a weapon.......using the chrome horn to move somebody is NOT THE SAME THING !!!!! It's pretty sad to have to define the difference to you......Jimmy was on fresher tire's and could have shown a little patiance coming thru the field, but that's not Jimmy.....

jfp711
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
hey we know that if you live by the sword you die by the sword. when everyone thought jimmy was gonna be pissed at Rowan for the Sk race, must have been pretty surprised to see him be the first over to say congrats after the race. we probably should have just cried kickin and screamin like the guy that finished 2nd in the mod race.

Freddie...... You tell em'..... You guys did a good job..... Glad Rowan got the win... well deserved win....... Jimmy loves that Stuff, How pumped up was he after the North South SK Race LOLOLOLOL

Precision Auto
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey Mr. Stupid....... When Jimmy hooked a right with every intention to wreck the #91@ stafford that's using your car as a weapon, What James Civali did at Riverhead is using your car as a weapon.......using the chrome horn to move somebody is NOT THE SAME THING !!!!! It's pretty sad to have to define the difference to you......Jimmy was on fresher tire's and could have shown a little patiance coming thru the field, but that's not Jimmy.....

I now understand: It's definately me - "Hey Mr. Stupid" - must also be an acceptable way of addressing someone.

fastgal
12-01-2008, 12:20 PM
i agree with hollywoodmic except he made jr look like a saint. also jamie did give some back...kudos to him.

Groundpounder
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
OK... First of all... LOOK AT THE PICTURES my brother has posted... THEY TELL THE STORY!

WHat Jimmy did was ok... because his tire was there Matt moved down a lane and put Jimmy on the apron! PLUS- Jimmy's driving style is aggresive like him or hate him his driving style is aggresive... I agree with what Brian Hawks said.. What you wanted Jimmy to lay off the gas? UHH NOOO!

Kyle

PS- Hey Mr. Groundpunder so your calling us stupid? OK... Again look at the pictures then reply...

First of all, I never mentioned any particular incident. He was driving like a jack@$$ all day. There's a such thing as agressive driving. He was way beyond that. Funny how Brittain or Farrell didn't have to drive like that to make a pass. Maybe they actually have talent.

Since you want to focus on the pass on the 59 car, the pictures you refer to definitely do NOT tell the whole story. You'd need shots from the few seconds preceding that 1st pic to tell the whole story. Even looking at that 1st pic though, are you trying to say that because his rf tire was up the lr nerf bar that he had the line? BTW, what's your excuse for what he did to the 11 car??

Teds Race Tours
12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-qkXM8T36A&feature=related

I figured we'd have some video on it sooner than later. You can all make your own decisions. What do you think?

Fkraft99
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
so i guess Jimmy isn't talented now. must have gotten the most asphalt wins in the northeast, for the 2nd year in a row, on sheer luck... lol

TMAC
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Congrats to SHOWTIMEand 19 team on win,thought p brittian was going to pull it off and win it.But showtime got the horns in the sk race and rightfully so and officals didnt put out caution when he spun into infield,until a lap later when he tried to roll car onto track.Thought turn out for Turkey Derby was great!I liked what jim morton said before the type tour race'WE AINT DONE YET!and i hope not.That was some crash waiting to happen[and did]between dave sap and jr.

WEEZER
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Speaking of JR did the 36 come up on him and pushed him into the turn 4 wall?? For a while the 2 was dirt tracking, pretty intense.
The turn out was unreal and the track even gave out free school bus rides to boot!!!!!

art11758
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
A question. First I wasn't able to attend so let me get that out of the way. The 11 is Farrell correct? Didn't he and Blewett almost come to blows in the third turn last year over some "aggressive" driving? So there is history there. And honestly, it seems to me that the "horn" is how passes are made at Wall if your last name is Blewett. JMO from a few years of watching.....

Howie
12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
There were 3 #11's there Saturday. This one was Billy Weichert

art11758
12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Got it. Thanks Howie.

The Bullfather
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
The videos are now on the site, check them out, give them a min or so to download. You'll love them, let me know what you think after you see them!

RGeeProductions
12-01-2008, 04:45 PM
The videos are now on the site, check them out, give them a min or so to download. You'll love them, let me know what you think after you see them!

A minute or so? Try like 25 minutes with a fast connect. 226mb is a bit much!!!!

W. J.
12-01-2008, 05:08 PM
A minute? Try like 25 minutes with a fast connect. 226mb is a bit much!!!!LOL:lol::lol::lol:
I guess I'm not the only one who won't spend that much time.

hollywoodmic
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Art I believe that was Kevin Flockhart in the 12 car last year. Jimmy hit the pit entrance wall drivers side I think. It was a scary wreck.

Groundpounder
12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I didn't have any trouble downloading the video. My guess is that RGee didn't want to tie up that much band width in case he had to jump on here and edit another one of my posts.

Here's a snapshot from the part 1 video showing how close the 11 came to hitting the end of the wall.

randomrodder
12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
It's a long winter, take your time. Or are you getting too much for your money?

The Bullfather
12-01-2008, 08:03 PM
ok posted two faster lower quality videos for those who can't wait. lol :lol::)

KyleMac45
12-01-2008, 09:27 PM
First of all, I never mentioned any particular incident. He was driving like a jack@$$ all day. There's a such thing as agressive driving. He was way beyond that. Funny how Brittain or Farrell didn't have to drive like that to make a pass. Maybe they actually have talent.

Since you want to focus on the pass on the 59 car, the pictures you refer to definitely do NOT tell the whole story. You'd need shots from the few seconds preceding that 1st pic to tell the whole story. Even looking at that 1st pic though, are you trying to say that because his rf tire was up the lr nerf bar that he had the line? BTW, what's your excuse for what he did to the 11 car??

WHATTT!!!!
A picture is worth a million words; and Matt came DOWN A LANE on him!!!

2- Jimmy told me that he and the 11 car got stuck together real quick...

Kyle

stabone
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok a couple observations after reading this thread......First its great we are talking bout racing at wall again....Second JMO..Thats was 1 of the greatest weekends all around of the year. I mean all the pre-race hype really lived up to its expectations!...Third It was awesome to see Rowan Pennink get his first ever win!!! And I was glad to be apart of it!!....Fourth JFP 711 is gona get banned from another website...lol....And lastly all the nit picking bout Jimmy Blewett thats been going on around here..surprised nobody said anything bout his facial hair yet!!... lol.....

Precision Auto
12-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok a couple observations after reading this thread......First its great we are talking bout racing at wall again....Second JMO..Thats was 1 of the greatest weekends all around of the year. I mean all the pre-race hype really lived up to its expectations!...Third It was awesome to see Rowan Pennink get his first ever win!!! And I was glad to be apart of it!!....Fourth JFP 711 is gona get banned from another website...lol....And lastly all the nit picking bout Jimmy Blewett thats been going on around here..surprised nobody said anything bout his facial hair yet!!... lol.....

Was that actually facial hair? I thought it was part of the wreath around his neck! J/K.........Linda

fastbackss
12-01-2008, 10:10 PM
ok posted two faster lower quality videos for those who can't wait. lol :lol::)

It's the same file twice, although I am appreciative regardless. ;)

The Bullfather
12-01-2008, 10:18 PM
ooops my bad, fixing it now! Ok fixed! Sorry about that!

ModTourMan
12-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I'll reserve my comments about Blewett's drive for another time. I just wanted to say that those folks who only know Wall as the one groove track it is today - and had no idea how exiting the racing at Wall was back in the day - got a real taste of it on Saturday! Good car counts, great racing featuring heroes and villains and a PACKED house standing and cheering...what a great day!!! I spent the day with my old time turn 1 buddies (EVERYONE showed up for this one!) and also had the pleasure of hangin' with Axel - he even let me touch the Lirpasti Cup (though I missed the ceremony)! I got to say a quick "Hello" to Howie and Fran early in the day. It was nice seeing you guys. I also got to catch up a bit with Mike and Doug (FastbackSS and KickingAsphalt). It was good chatting with you both again. As Alex mentioned earlier, we showed up at what we thought was the correct time for the meet and greet, but it wound up being just Alex, me and my russian hat at the gathering (maybe I scared everyone away?).
Okay...regarding Blewett...lets just say it was not his proudest moment...though he single-handily may have helped many fans - both old and new- realize that there may just be some excitement left at Wall after all!

Linda
12-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I wasn't there so can't comment on the #11 incident, but what I can see in the video is Jimmy going for the pass on the inside and Matt coming down on him bringing him down to the apron. I would imagine Matt's spotter did his job in letting him know that Jimmy was going "inside' of him and maybe Matt reacted to it and went down a little to block Jimmy...I can only guess this though. I like both drivers and both have a lot of talent so I am not trying to be bias to Jimmy..JMO of the pictures and video I have seen.

Wheel Racing
12-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Here's the way I saw things:

1-36 definitely gave the 2 no room at all and finally ended his day after blocking him for 30 laps
2-Jimmy tried passing the 11 numerous times and was blocked high and low> he was even sent through the infield on the backstretch at one point after the 11 bounced off the wall and into him. Jimmy pushed him down the backstretch to send him high and then dive under him.Unfortunately they got hooked and it was ugly. I can't think that was on purpose since it was similar to the way Flockhart did Jimmy in last year.
3-Jimmy was rough coming through the pack, but that is the way Wall has been for as long as I can remember. Great racing,but they allow more rough racing than most places I have been to. The blame should be shared between the track officiating and the drivers.This IS the track that Jimmy cut his teeth on, so it may be too late to teach an old dog new tricks. Jimmy reminds me of TC in the way that right now his style will yield many wins,but not as many championships as a more patient driver. Time will tell where his name will be etched in the record books,but for now he lives up to his Showtime moniker.
4-Jimmy was extremely clean in the SK race and his reputation had him being blamed for Farrells spin which is wrong. Jimmy had committed to the top the lap before and Farrell tried to force his way in after the car he was pushing on the inside held him back. Jimmy was already in that spot and Farrell came across his nose all on his own.Maybe Freddie can give Farrells spotter some tips like"car outside,hold your line" BTW how many cars were the officials going to let Farrell pass during each re-start line-up? That was really getting out of hand
5-Matt Hirschman has a point about being roughed up,but how many races is he going to lose because he doesn't pit for tires(ie North South 3 weeks ago)
He has developed a sense of entitlement that needs to be grounded.Losing 1 ride should have been a sign that his attitude will eventually block his talent. I used to like Matt,but he has become just as bad a whiner as his father was.
6-Jimmy Blewett is a great talent and fun to watch. If Santa Claus brings him some patience for Christmas then 2009 will be even better for him and the TS team.I hope Santa can bring us another Turkey Derby next year and Wall can continue to have racing debated as much as this year!
7-Legends cars are way too fast at Wall JMO

RGeeProductions
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I didn't have any trouble downloading the video. My guess is that RGee didn't want to tie up that much band width in case he had to jump on here and edit another one of my posts.

Nowhere did I mention I had trouble downloading, I just said it was huge and takes a long time.
"A minute or so? Try like 25 minutes with a fast connect. 226mb is a bit much!!!!"
And, if you do not like edited posts, don't post!!
Something similiar to..... say......you don't like SK's, don't watch them!!! LOL
BIOBB!!!

Fkraft99
12-02-2008, 12:57 AM
i think you guys missed the real show. which going on high above turn 1 with 2 spotters crammed into a one man perch. lol stabone did you see them two? oh thats right never mind. :p

W. J.
12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
And, if you do not like edited posts, don't post!!Wow!. Now if I'd...nah, this quote says it all.

(Watch this one get deleted.)

hollywoodmic
12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Neal, incident #1 on your post was the same deal as incident #4. Held him up for 30 laps, where were they going??? They were lapping a car the 36 was going by him on the outside and the 2 made it 3 wide on the front stretch..........on lap 30. No patience showed again the result, two wrecked race cars. I watched them from lap #1 because due to their history I knew they were an accident waiting to happen. I do like both guys so I'm just giving my opinion of what I witnessed. Bottom line going 3 wide on lap 30 on the frontstretch is a No-No. I just think it's funny you don't blame Jimmy when he was on the outside holding his line as the 08 made it 3 wide but you blame Sap for doing the exact same thing in an earlier race. Must be a big Blewett fan,lol.

stabone
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
i think you guys missed the real show. which going on high above turn 1 with 2 spotters crammed into a one man perch. lol stabone did you see them two? oh thats right never mind. :p

Would of been even funnier if you were up there!!!! How funny would it of been??? Did you laugh!! ughhhh!!! :drool:....lol

Fkraft99
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
i dunno if i was up there it would have been pretty funny till about lap 88... lol then we would have had to get you a striped shirt to play referee. lol

RGeeProductions
12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow!. Now if I'd...nah, this quote says it all.

(Watch this one get deleted.)

Why would I delete this? It says so much.....

Wheel Racing
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Neal, incident #1 on your post was the same deal as incident #4. Held him up for 30 laps, where were they going??? They were lapping a car the 36 was going by him on the outside and the 2 made it 3 wide on the front stretch..........on lap 30. No patience showed again the result, two wrecked race cars. I watched them from lap #1 because due to their history I knew they were an accident waiting to happen. I do like both guys so I'm just giving my opinion of what I witnessed. Bottom line going 3 wide on lap 30 on the frontstretch is a No-No. I just think it's funny you don't blame Jimmy when he was on the outside holding his line as the 08 made it 3 wide but you blame Sap for doing the exact same thing in an earlier race. Must be a big Blewett fan,lol.

-You got me,yes I am absolutely a Blewett fan for the last 20+ years
-Difference between the 2 wrecks is that Jr seemed to have Sap cleared before moving up to the outside around the lapped car, but Jimmy was basically wheel to wheel with Farrell when farrell moved up. The big problem with that was that Farrell seemd to spend the rest of the race gunning for Jimmy when it was his own fault and nobody did anything about it. They kept letting him cheat the restarts,etc. However I do see your point about my bias,but tough.lol
-Another difference is that the first one had 2 pretty equal(but not dominant) cars looking for any edge to get ahead and Jr had to take a chance because he WAS being held up some. The second wreck had two crazy fast cars on new tires passing cars at will trying to be the first one back to the front knowing that whichever one cleared traffic first would pretty much be the race winner. Agreed that patience was the factor in both wrecks,but whose patience is the question.
-The one thing I do disagree with is the 3 wide comment. I'm not sure where you sit at Wall,but I sit 2 sections to the left of the flagman and I didn't see either incident going 3 wide.The one thing about Wall is that there are always 3 sides or opinions to every story depending on where you sit and the angle you have

Regardless of each others opinions or view of the race,how great is it that we are debating the Turkey Derby?

Tooner
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Regardless of each others opinions or view of the race,how great is it that we are debating the Turkey Derby?

My sentiments exactly!

Thank you all for supporting this race. Chrome Horn and MSS, the photographers, the fans, drivers, everyone. Most people ever on the track grounds in history of the speedway.

Let's just hope this is a new beginning, not a farewell!

MC

The Bullfather
12-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Personally I blame Jimmy's spotter lol:lol: I hope you didn't stand in turns 3 and 4 to spot. I don't know how any spotter can see turns 3 and 4 with thoses high banks. Why don't they have a spotters stand on top of the press building. You might have been better in the trees in turn 1. :lol:

art11758
12-03-2008, 10:12 AM
My sentiments exactly!

Thank you all for supporting this race. Chrome Horn and MSS, the photographers, the fans, drivers, everyone. Most people ever on the track grounds in history of the speedway.

Let's just hope this is a new beginning, not a farewell!

MC

I agree. I'm just unhappy that I had to miss this. I can however say, Next Year!

RPMcGrellis414
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Overall I Liked the whole show, both modified races were great, thanks to everyone who helped put this together. :applause:

Blewett's driving has ridiculous, thats the sad part too. He IS a good driver but would rather rely on his front bumper to get to the front than his talent. What I havent seen mentioned on here, did anyone notice how both modified cars started their cars during his interview. :lol::applause:

Fkraft99
12-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I heard Jimmys spotter was standing in the fried oreo line most of the race.

The Bullfather
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
:lol::lol::lol: I was on ribbed steak line myself, Axel was on the pork roll line with t-bax. I heard Jimmy pushed over some little girl for some Funnel cakes lol

It was a good race though.

KyleMac45
12-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I heard Jimmys spotter was standing in the fried oreo line most of the race.

I think not only his Spotter BUT his whole team was gettin some Fried Oreo's!:lol:

Kyle

zombo
12-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry, but I just couldn't let this one by, but I take offense to using the words "frickin retards". You've always been an oppinioned person and I respect that, but, to me, this crosses the line. Linda Case

:rolleyes::*-(