PDA

View Full Version : Informal Meeting

nascar071
12-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Who attended the meeting? Was it by invitation only?:confused:

Tracy87BB
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
It is my understanding that the attendees were randomly selected, with the inclusion of track champions in the Charger, Late Model, Super Pro Truck, and Figure 8 classes (Roger Maynor, as I understand it, was unable to attend). The primary goal was to come up with ideas for improving car counts in these divisions. From what I understand, it is expected that there will be at least one more meeting before the track's winter meetings. That should give everyone time to put forward any ideas and/or suggestions that they have, as it is essentially impossible to have this type of a meeting with everyone from the racetrack present.

Troyer driver
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Can someone please post the names of the "randomly selected" attendies? or is that info reserved for "invitation only" personal.
As allways tipical Riverhead Raceway BULL****. When are you people going to wake up and smell the coffie "if it smells like fish it must be fish"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nascar071
12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
It was NOT my intent to create a negative position. I'm sure we all have different opinions on what we think may be best for our respected divisions. I guess i should have worded my question differently. What I intended to ask was: Will there be a chance for any of us to have an input in this , be it through e-mails , letters or in person. Thank you Ron Langdon

Tracy87BB
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Yes, Ron, I think the whole intent - of both your post and of the meeting itself - got taken out of context.

Let me say this...I suffered from serious culture shock when I went to Wall this past weekend. It was actually heart-wrenching for me, talking to drivers who suddenly last season had no place to race. Some traveled to other tracks to race, and some simply let their equipment sit idle all season long. While Riverhead may not be perfect, it gives us all an outlet where we can take part in the sport we love. I, for one, like the idea of taking a road trip to go to the races when I WANT to take a road trip, not because I have to.

This meeting was just an informal gathering of people who are attempting to be PROACTIVE and take steps to raise car counts. I do not see where this could be construed negatively in any way. Topics that were discussed have been disclosed on the front page of the Jam. As I stated, nothing that was discussed is finalized at this point, so I would actually encourage people to offer input, if you have constructive, feasible ideas to present.

Anyone wishing to address issues should email co-chief steward Mike Cappiello at mmikecap@aol.com. I have been assured that he will receive and handle emails as his schedule allows.

RacinRob
12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I wish people would look at the glass half full as oppsed to half empty. I respect Mike...I know in his heart he wants nothing more than for this track to flourish and to have the racers happy. Someone is always gonna be unhappy...thats life thats not just racing. Instead of knocking there attempt why not be proactive.....ever think if you approach stuff in a positive way that it might help? I approached mike about a time trial show for the BB last year and now look all of our double point shows are Time Trials. Its how you carry yourself and how you arroach a person that matter....JMO

fisherman
12-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Who attended the meeting? Was it by invitation only?:confused:

so whats so hard to release alist of who attened so drivers can find out what went on

Tracy87BB
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
The link below should pretty much cover what went on.

I did not take attendance at the meeting, and there was no sign-in sheet passed around. Perhaps that was a lack of foresight on my part. However, at no time when I have covered a meeting have I been asked to provide a roster of who was in attendance...I provided coverage of several division meetings last year, but the question never arose. As I stated in my earlier post, the champions from each of the divisions listed above were among those on hand, with the exception of Roger Maynor, who was unable to attend.

The meeting really was informal, no different than if a driver sent an email or made a call to one of the officials, except that there were multiple people offering input, and not just a single voice. And everyone has now been given an outlet to offer their input, which I encourage you to do if you have something to offer in terms of feasible solutions to lower costs and/or increase car counts. The more proactive people we have at Riverhead, the better.

http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2008/newsmain/news120408a.htm

Golf Guy
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Why do we have to try and find negativity in everything? It was an informal meeting and many good ideas were bounced around. I did not know everyone, and I also did not take attendance but a few of the attendee's besides myself and Tracy were:
Tommy Rogers, Roger Oxee, Lou Maestri, Chris Turbush, Chris McGuire, Tommy Kraft, Ralph Tasso.
Again, everything we spoke of was to try and decrease costs and increase car counts. Can we try and stay positive about this stuff and work to improve conditions as best as we can?
Thanks

DriveitinDeep
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I would say that the meeting went very smoothly and for the most part was very positive. The purpose was to brain storm on how to raise the cars counts and lower the costs to the competitors. There were some very good ideas presented for all divisions. Give the officials a freaking chance to work on the issues at hand before shooting them down with negative comments which we all don't need to hear. There has been enough of that crap for way too long. This meeting was their doing not the drivers or owners. The powers at be realize that changes need to be made and are trying to do just that. There will be more get togethers over the winter to work on the issues and it won't always be with the same drivers and such. Expect others to participate to give their imput as well.
I will say it once more. They are trying, give it a chance

Roger Oxee

Jaws
12-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Why do we have to try and find negativity in everything? It was an informal meeting and many good ideas were bounced around. I did not know everyone, and I also did not take attendance but a few of the attendee's besides myself and Tracy were:
Tommy Rogers, Roger Oxee, Lou Maestri, Chris Turbush, Chris McGuire, Tommy Kraft, Ralph Tasso.
Again, everything we spoke of was to try and decrease costs and increase car counts. Can we try and stay positive about this stuff and work to improve conditions as best as we can?
Thanks

Golf Guy I can not agree more.

As hard as it has been to get enough cars and fans to the the track 2009 will be even more of a challenge.

Good to see in December, 6 months before the tracks opens, people are working together to make thisgs better for the racers. Keep it up!!

WEEZER
12-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey fisherman, why is it that you repeatedly try to throw a twist of negativity into everybody's attempt to better riverhead raceway?