PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rules Update

Geno
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Here are links to the 2009 rules for three divisions so far:

FWD: http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Rulebooks/2009/FWD.htm
Factory Stock: http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Rulebooks/2009/Factory_Stock.htm
Street Stock: http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Rulebooks/2009/Street_Stock.htm
Sport Modified: http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Rulebooks/2009/Sport_Modified.htm
Late Model: http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Rulebooks/2009/Late_Model.htm

The remaining divisions will be updated within the next week. Once all divisions are complete I will update the main rule page on the Mountain website.

Mike
12-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the rules update.

Any one interest in running the EQ lighting heads by Engine Quest i,am a dealer for them and will have a set with me at the Allentown flea market in January 09 stop by and take a look at them.

CSLMOTORSPORTS
12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Nice to see rules up ,sorry to see that there are no radios for street stocks

cm9
12-11-2008, 01:41 AM
All engines must be sealed within 3 races from start of season. Cubic inches, compression, carburetor, and engine components will be checked and verified. Seal will not guarantee that engine will not be rechecked additionally, at anytime during season. It is the driver's responsibility to have engine sealed. Tech sessions will be scheduled before the season begins and during the season, as necessary. All seals will be installed at track or at scheduled sessions only. A small fee for seals and drilled bolts will apply.

How much for the seals and bolts?????

LM13
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Is this new this year? Rear view mirrors. Don't people have enough problems seeing what,s going on in front of them to have to take their eyes off of it and spend time looking behind them? LOL

Sweeney
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
This sucks taking away the radios in the late models. After all the money we spend on them and now they are going to collect dust. I think almost everyone in the division has them, maybe we could rethink that one.

intense1
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
The radio issue is not open for debate. The problem is the disregard of direction from the tower (Race Director calls and line ups), when trying to relay info through a spotter. There have also been obvious instances of radio driving.
With only mirrors, the drivers are solely responsible for their actions.
Try Racingjunk.com or the Racerhub classifieds if you don't want to let the two way radios collect dust.

intense1
12-11-2008, 10:13 PM
All seals will be installed at track or at scheduled sessions only. A small fee for seals and drilled bolts will apply.

How much for the seals and bolts?????
Beginning in February, tech sessions will be scheduled-by appointment only. The location will be at D + B towing on route 924, adjacent to the Humboldt Industrial Park on the west side of Hazleton-one mile west of exit 143 off Interstate 81.
The $15 fee will include all seals. Drilled bolts for seals will be available at a small additional fee, or you may provide your own bolts. Safety inspections will also be done at this time, if desired. Please call 570-788-7544, to schedule a date.
Again, this is for Factory and Street Stocks only.
More than likely, tech sessions will be Tuesday evenings from 7 to 10 PM. It should take no more than an hour per car, so we should be able to do 3 or 4 cars per session.

LM13
12-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I think you are wrong about "radio driving", it's a lot harder to do then you make it out to be. Anyway, a chalkboard at the starters stand would set the line up just as fast as calling out the spots over the scanners.

intense1
12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Scanners work great in all other divisions, including Enduros.
Also, we have had drivers admit that "my spotter told me I was clear" or better yet, "my spotter told me that so and so hit me, so I took him out."

Latemodel11A
12-12-2008, 12:14 PM
The right thing to do would be to have a scanner only in the car, but still have communication with a spotter in the pits. You can program the track channel and your spotters radio into the scanner and have the track override your spotter. I did this all year and it worked great. If you miss 1 wreck because of having a good spotter it more than pays for the cost of the radio's.

81sscrew
12-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I'd like to know the logic in having the street stock camaros with 2x3 on back at 3200 lbs now, correct me if I'm wrong but a metric car won the championship...but now we add 50 more pounds?

intense1
12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I think you are wrong about "radio driving", it's a lot harder to do then you make it out to be. Anyway, a chalkboard at the starters stand would set the line up just as fast as calling out the spots over the scanners.
LM13...Maybe you should have listened to your spotter at Oswego a few years ago, instead of driving into the pile up.
It's good to have you back...are you gonna be hitting the slopes with Allen this winter? Is he still involved with White Lake?

intense1
12-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd like to know the logic in having the street stock camaros with 2x3 on back at 3200 lbs now, correct me if I'm wrong but a metric car won the championship...but now we add 50 more pounds?
No...you can take weight off, and run as a stock clip Late Model. And, Yes, a metric car won the championship...by hard work, consistency, and even a little luck.

White Lightnin
12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
PHIL GOT BUSTED! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LM13
12-14-2008, 08:22 AM
You have that all wrong Mike, I didn't "drive" into the pile up, I caused the pile up when I didn't listen to my spotter. So that just goes to show you that radios really don't help anyway. Besides if you really want to block the guy behind you all you have to do is listen for his car behind you and move your car according to what you hear. As far as skiing goes this year I only have 60% use of my left hand at this time so it looks like I'm going to have to give it up for one more season so I guess White lakes is safe from me and any input I might have as to how the track should be developed.

81sscrew
12-14-2008, 11:52 AM
can I get an actual answer why this change was made? I guess not....I get a put down as usual

White Lightnin
12-14-2008, 12:29 PM
No...you can take weight off, and run as a stock clip Late Model. And, Yes, a metric car won the championship...by hard work, consistency, and even a little luck.

I read it as they are looking to bolster the Late Model car count by creating field fillers from another class.

intense1
12-14-2008, 06:52 PM
AGAIN...The 2009 rules have been updated for all divisions except the Tour Type Modifieds which should be available in a week or so, along with updates to the General and Procedural rules.
Any questions in regards to the rules will be addressed by calling the Speedway office (570-384-3215) between 7pm and 10pm on any Tuesday evening.

intense1
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Any questions in regards to the rules will be addressed by calling the Speedway office (570-384-3215) between 7pm and 10pm on any Tuesday evening.
We will be in the office on Wednesday evening (12/17/08)...for this week only.
We will be back to Tuesday evenings, beginning December 30.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!