PDA

View Full Version : Danny Lasoki/Parson #6 WOO Full Time-2009

kinserfan11
12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Lasoski Joins Parsons Motorsports

Danny Lasoski and Parsons Motorsports have joined forces to battle for the 2009 World of Outlaws Series championship.

Lonnie Parsons and the No. 6 Casey’s General Store car has long been a staple on the Outlaw tour and Lasoski behind the wheel may be just what Parsons was looking for.

“We were looking for a driver that would be a threat to win on any given night, at any given track," Parsons said. "Don (Lamberti) and I agreed that Danny is the guy we are looking for. Danny and I have been friends for a long time, probably since he drove for Max Rogers at Knoxville (1986). We’ve had a lot of good drivers in the 6 car, but we never really seemed to find the right combination and we were left searching for a situation to where we can win more races. I think Danny is one of the top drivers out there and we’re putting together the right pieces to win."

Lasoski is no stranger to victory lane with over 370 career victories, 81 of those with the World of Outlaws. A year off of the World of Outlaws trail in 2008 netted Lasoski his record setting eighth Knoxville Track Championship along with collecting 10 wins during the season. “The Dude” from Dover, MO hopes to add to those totals in 2009 with Parsons Motorsports.

“I am very excited to be teaming up with Lonnie Parsons and Don Lamberti with Casey’s General Stores," Lasoski said. "First of all, I appreciate the opportunity to represent Parsons Motorsports and Casey’s General Stores on the World of Outlaws tour. Lonnie always has great equipment and knows what it takes to win with the Outlaws."

“I ended up spending the year off the tour in ’08 to race at Knoxville Raceway. Don’t get me wrong Knoxville was great. Racing at home and spend time with many old friends was a nice change of pace. But when the Outlaws came to town and then left…I was lost. I felt out of my element by staying put when they left town. I’m not ready to hang up my helmet by any means, and if you want to be the best you have to race with the best. We are putting together a real solid team to do just that and I’m confident that we will win races together. I can’t wait to get to the track to show them what we can do."

The Parsons Motorsports, Casey’s General Stores No. 6 will be using JEI Chassis with Kistler Engines providing the horsepower and Hoosier tires with the grip, a combination that Lasoski is very familiar with. Chris Straight will be staying with the team as a crew member and the addition of Barry Jackson, founder of JEI Chassis, coming aboard to serve as crew chief for the team will serve as an experienced resource to make the team even stronger.

The team will be debuting at Florida Speedweeks in February.

KyleMac45
12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Gooo Dude!!!