PDA

View Full Version : No NY Giants thread this year???

RGeeProductions
12-14-2008, 11:17 PM
How Bout Dem' Cowboy's!?!?!

The Bullfather
12-14-2008, 11:22 PM
yeah wait till Romo chokes in the playoffs again!:lol:

RGeeProductions
12-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Makes no difference.
The damage has already started....

FERGBIZZ
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
They gotta make the playoffs before he can choke in them....they haven't done that yet. America's Team...what a joke! more like America's Misfits

The Bullfather
12-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, if they make the playoffs, which I think they will, but pride comes before the fall and The Boys have nothing to show but flashy players who play for themselves! The game came down to the end even with 11 point lead, tell me you don't start sweating with the sack in end zone for the extra points?!? Even with all the injuries and media being on them for Plaxio they still made The Boys sweat at the end of the game!

W. J.
12-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I thought the "NY Giants" moved to San Francisco in 1958. Or did you mean the NJ Giants???

The Bullfather
12-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Here we go again, some old New Jersey story, The Jets play there too, it's just a piece of land! Would it be cool to have them still playing in New York, yes! But The Meadowlands is a stones throw away from Manhattan. Not too much real estate that will get fans in and out with easier access near the metropolitan! But Cowpoke fans will always bring that up! At least their in the tri-state area! :lol: I never hear Steeler fans from NY even bring up this arguement!:lol:

W. J.
12-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Ah, if only all those "MILLIONAIRE'S" paid taxes to the state their teams claims to represent, then maybe Gov. Paterson wouldn't be pushing an 18% tax on sugared soft drinks, and other ridiculous measures. May those two teams meet in the playoffs, and eliminate each others chances to appear in the big game.
On one other note, I wonder how many fans of other teams have to pay over $20 round trip in road tolls just to get to their favorite teams games?

The Bullfather
12-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Sure beats a trip to Dallas! I don't drink soda products much, only ginger ale, but my tax dollars isn't pay for a new stadium......at least a football stadium! I don't think we needed a new Yankee Stadium and sad to see it go, Shea needed to be torn down as soon as it opened, ugly, the new stadium they can be proud of!

The only way for Jets and Giants meet will be at The Superbowl. I don't think The Jets will make it that far, Depends on who they play, I say they get passed the 1st week. Hungry team right now, team starting to click but still makes big mistakes that can cost them! Buffalo didn't take the opportunities when they had them, imagine if one them caught the end zone pass at the end of the game! Would have been singing a different tune this week. Think Giants and Panthers will meet to go to The Big Game. Going to be an ugly but exciting game, maybe more so then the Bowl game. Hixson needs to catch the ball when thrown to him, past weeks he missed a couple big passes that could have been caught, Plaxico would have made them easy.

W. J.
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Let all of the overpaid players pay for their new stadiums. The idea that a stadium needs to be replaced because some think it ugly is ridiculous.
As far as travel to Dallas, no need: TV provides all the coverage anyone really needs, and the idiot Gov of NY wants to start taxing that, too.

P.S. That soda tax applies to ginger ale, too, unless it's diet.

I love the way the 'fish' takes the bait every time.

The Bullfather
12-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Never said Ginger wouldn't be taxed. New Stadium for the Mets will bring in a ton of revenue! Yankees didn't need the revenue being the number team in merchandising around the globe. The new stadium will bring in even more with the the box seats. A lot of families will go to Citifield for the experience and hopefully build new fans for the future. The park didn't have a friendly vibe to it, with the exception of the park benches in the outfield. It's sad that you have to have added incentives to make the experience of going to the ball park. Guess no one goes to watch the game no more, got to add luxuries! But sports teams always look towards the added revenue they will receive after a new stadium opens. Nassau Coliseum needs to go, a lot of players look at the facilities that they will be playing in before making a decision on joining a team. It been said by a lot of players, Nassau does have the throw back feel to it, but that's because all these new arenas that are going up just makes the building look more and more outdated. Some places should never be replaced by are because of being out dated and repairs are just to much to keep the place up.

Some people can't just go to a race without added incentives!

Ka$h25
12-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Someone explain to me how the Yankees are dishing out cash and making their guys "highest paid ever..." while they're begging for more taxpayer contribution for their stadium.:rolleyes:

And I believe we made an attempt to build the new football stadiums in NY before the state rejected it. After that, I don't mind them losing any money they could of had from the Giants/Jets.

What must really be a ***** is paying taxes to build a new stadium for another states team.:lol: (assuming thats the way it works with meadowlands stadiums)

W. J.
12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
And I believe we made an attempt to build the new football stadiums in NY before the state rejected it. After that, I don't mind them losing any money they could of had from the Giants/Jets.
Blame Cablevision and their 'fake bid' to build apartments and offices. When the Jets decided to go back to (stay?) in Jersey, Cablevision disappeared along with their bid.

Ka$h25
12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
A buddy of mine who's a Mets/Cowboys fan said to me this morning. "I get to enjoy my teams kicking *** 10 months out of a year. Those other 2 months are September and December."

Choke...

The Bullfather
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
What happened, The Cowgirls could have played better today!

RGeeProductions
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
They sure could have....
BTW, how did the Giants fare???
Huh? Did they win? I couldn't watch the game.

The Bullfather
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
They played most of the second string players today David Carr played the 3rd and 4th, most of main starters played a quarter and then sat out and let the other guys have a little fun. The game was by Minn. last seconds field goal kick. It wasn't much of an upsetting lost as they still had a good game with the second string guys playing most of the game. Kinda made it exciting, now with a week off to relax and get the game plans in.....playoffs here we come! Bad part was losing Madison to a broken ankle but we'll go on without him. Giants play as a team and it shows on the field, a lot of teams have stars but they only play for themselves! That is the one thing that makes this team is how they work on and off the field, even when they lose players they always step up to fill the void!

RGeeProductions
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I only asked if they won.....

The Bullfather
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
The answer lies within hahaha

RGeeProductions
12-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Again, I only asked if they won.....

W. J.
12-29-2008, 11:34 AM
NO, they did not win.

RGeeProductions
12-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks WJ......was like pulling teeth there with the big story and I just wanted a yes or no.....:-B

The Bullfather
12-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Did the Cowboys make the playoffs? lol, Just a dejected fan, imagine the owner Jerry Jones, he's someone I don't want to meet in an office right about now!

RGeeProductions
12-29-2008, 12:24 PM
And the point is?
Yet again....I just asked if the Giant's won.....
We know the Cowboys blew it big time, as did the Jets....
Dejected fan?!?!?! I am not the one with the speeches and name calling here....LOL

The Bullfather
12-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Its all good, fans of any sport will always rub in the bad times to their fans. lol Heck, I'm an Islander fan! lol As a long as your die hard for the team your behind your good in my book! No band wagon fans:lol:

W. J.
12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
...and now, the REAL football season begins....

Ka$h25
12-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Playoffs are gonna be fun this year. Last year we got to sneak in and do our damage undetected week, after week. This year they're the target, and there's a lot of dangerous teams coming out of the NFC. And it is SUCH a shame we won't get to pick on the Cowboys in the playoffs. :applause::applause:

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 04:00 PM
And what was that about "Cowgirls"?
That's 3 games out of 4 playoffs this weekend that the lower record team won....

W. J.
01-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Today's Special Number???

23-11!!

The NJ Giants choke!!!

The Bullfather
01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Choke? They made the playoffs, where was Dallas the past two weeks when the playoffs started??? Almost all the sports journalists had Dallas taking home the whole division and the Super Bowl. I don't think any team that makes the playoffs are choke artists! Even The Titans were rated #1 and lost Saturday, they're not choke artists in my book, they made the playoffs!

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
HELLO...THEY LOST!!!!
Makes no difference when, there is no Super Bowl this year, PERIOD!!!
NY excuses, I love it....LOL
Keep'm coming...

The Bullfather
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't see no excuses, just said that any team that makes the playoffs are not choke artists! Never said they didn't lose and it wasn't disappointing!

W. J.
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Right, made the playoffs, sat it out for a week, and then choked. :lol:

What's not to understand???

capitalcity300
01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
HELLO...THEY LOST!!!!
Makes no difference when, there is no Super Bowl this year, PERIOD!!!
NY excuses, I love it....LOL
Keep'm coming...

"NY Giants" grew up/play football on Long Island?
I don't seem to remember them....

W. J.
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
So far, the 'bird teams' are winning it all. Now it's up to the Steelers and Chargers to see who they lose to, lol!

To Capitalcity300: NY's only football team, the Buffalo Bills, didn't make it this year.

The Bullfather
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
He goes back to the old Titan days

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
"NY Giants" grew up/play football on Long Island?
I don't seem to remember them....

This is a thread that starts every year.
Sorry that this is your first year to experience it.
Or layman's terms:
This is "Offseason Banter". We, most that frequent LIJam forum, do live on Long Island. NY Giants and Jets are our teams....and yes, Buffalo too....so this pertains to us....

Ka$h25
01-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Giants lost a tough one, but choking is a bit of a far fetched statement.

A choke job would be throwing away your season in week 17. 44-6

Or botching the snap on a game winning field goal in the playoffs.

Still a division championship, and a heck of a season. Can't win it every year.

Ka$h25
01-12-2009, 06:10 AM
To Capitalcity300: NY's only football team, the Buffalo Bills, didn't make it this year.

This such a childish game you always seem to play with your comments of "NJ Giants". I don't know which team you claim to be a fan of, but many teams are improperly named. Like the "Arlington Cowboys"

W. J.
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I'll answer that with this bit of 'wisdom':

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

If it plays on the ground in NJ, in a stadium owned by the N.J. Sports Exposition, in a town called East Rutherford, N.J., pay taxes to the State of N.J., and lives in N.J., then the team name should be the "N.J. (fill in the blank, Giants or Jets)". No monies earned by either organization is paid to any N.Y. taxing authority. One has to wonder if using N.J. would be something of an embarrassment to them?

When the Dodgers left Brooklyn, they changed their team name. When the Giants (baseball) left N.Y., they changed their name. When the Browns left Cleveland, they change their name....you get the idea.

You have, I'll presume, heard of the N.J. Nets basketball team, which plays nearby. They USED to be the N.Y. Nets when they played at the Nassau Coliseum in N.Y., but they later moved to N.J., and changed their name accordingly (and appropriately).

I am a fan of none of these teams. I am only a NASCAR fan, since all the other 'stick and ball' sports feature overpaid children who always want more, more, more, yet they will sit out games because they have a hangnail, or some other minor ailment.

Ka$h25
01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
If it plays on the ground in NJ, in a stadium owned by the N.J. Sports Exposition, in a town called East Rutherford, N.J., pay taxes to the State of N.J., and lives in N.J., then the team name should be the "N.J. (fill in the blank, Giants or Jets)". No monies earned by either organization is paid to any N.Y. taxing authority. One has to wonder if using N.J. would be something of an embarrassment to them?

I'm not sure what residency has to do with anything. Many players have multiple houses in any number of states.

As for "monies earned" there is a revenue that is distributed into "City and market" of each team.(This rule was passed in early 70's to support Connecticut after they hosted the Giants for 2 seasons) The Giants market is dominated by New York and the state receives over 70% of whatever this number is each year.

Moving on, the Dodgers and Giants were part of major relocation projects. Each city gave money upfront for the teams to build stadiums in California. They had no choice in name, not even California Giants/Dodgers was acceptable.

As for the Browns, they never left Cleveland. Art Modell and his roster left Cleveland and were given a BRAND NEW franchise in Baltimore. The NFL ruled the Browns "legacy" would stay in Cleveland. (legacy included: name, colors, uniform design, and franchise records.)

The Nets? yeah I've heard of them. You may or may not know that they moved to New Jersey twice, and the first time they actually did keep the New York title. Then when they joined the NBA, there were strict territorial rules to try and spread the marketing of the NBA. If the Nets wanted to remain a New York team, they would have to pay the Knicks $3m.

Being a NASCAR fan, you should know all about 'name brands'. You've seen Winston turn to Nextel, then Sprint, and Busch to Nationwide. Sponsors flipping and flopping from season to season. And you're going to attempt to put down other sports with
children who always want more, more, more

It's the power of the almighty dollar. If New Jersey was upset with it, I'm sure it would have been negotiated with the new stadium. If New York was upset with it, perhaps they could of done something when the Giants were looking to come back to New York.