PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Schedule?

Teds Race Tours
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I know that a few times in the past the next years schedule was released at the banquet? Was anything mentioned about the schedule for 2009?

TJ1976
12-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Im still waiting to hear on the schedule myself...especially the Southern Tour

CONEXPCJ
12-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Heard they were finalizing a deal with the new management at Waterford for a date... They will also host 2 True Value shows.

Teds Race Tours
12-19-2008, 11:13 AM
It would be great having Waterford back on the schedule.

WhelanModFan
12-28-2008, 08:13 AM
It would be great having Waterford back on the schedule.

Yes it would have. Looks like a NO-GO though. I see there is no Modified Mania show at Thompson this year either. It is good to see three shows at Thompson this year though. :cheers:

mattphoto
12-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I was reading in Area Auto that the thompson true value modified race maybe in June

RichKeator
12-28-2008, 11:03 PM
as for Waterford getting a Mod date... either TV or NASCAR... Im sure the TV mods will have some dates we just gotta be patient for the 2009 schedule from the bowl cause I'm sure the new board of directors is franticly working on getting everything done. With the Whelen Mods, who knows. The cost for that group is pretty high, and at a time when you got tracks like Thompson cutting dates cause they cant afford it... think about that one for a min... Im sure its something to be looked at down the road... but right now I think we gotta let the board of directors do the job they a currently doing and thats bringing The Bowl back to life One step at a time

WhelanModFan
12-29-2008, 08:44 PM
as for Waterford getting a Mod date... either TV or NASCAR... Im sure the TV mods will have some dates we just gotta be patient for the 2009 schedule from the bowl cause I'm sure the new board of directors is franticly working on getting everything done. With the Whelen Mods, who knows. The cost for that group is pretty high, and at a time when you got tracks like Thompson cutting dates cause they cant afford it... think about that one for a min... Im sure its something to be looked at down the road... but right now I think we gotta let the board of directors do the job they a currently doing and thats bringing The Bowl back to life One step at a time

I saw the True Value schedule and nothing in CT. for '09. Most of their races are in ME and NH with the only southern New England appearance being 3 dates at Seekonk.

Good points about bringing the Speedbowl back to life. I think the new management team will be successful.

:cheers:

RichKeator
12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
I think there's nothing on the True value schedule for CT cause Thompson is still working on a schedule and so is the Bowl.