PDA

View Full Version : Graffiti at Riverhead?

Bobby Pease
12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
What kind of Loser would go and ruin their own community, by painting on the Riverhead Raceway Sign?? Im sure this person will be a customer of mine in the future, but if anyone knows who it was... :cool: PLEASE let me know!! Im sure their parents are already locked up! Happy Holidays..LOL... Cyaz soon!!
Bobby Pease

The Bullfather
12-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Been there for two months or so, sad isn't? This the large billboard behind the Indian.

maestri fan 1
12-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Was it there at the end of the go-cart season? I didn't notice it......

richardpetey
12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Sorry Peaseman! There was a big sale on krylon, I couldn't resist...................:*-(
You can take me away...........:( Just don't use the bracelets................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

The Bullfather
12-19-2008, 03:50 PM
yeah its been there since Halloween bash, maybe before then too!

maestri fan 1
12-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I must be blind...lol.... well normally I go in the back way..... I enjoy doing donuts in the dirt on the way in. HAHA

W. J.
12-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Sorry Peaseman! There was a big sale on krylon, I couldn't resist...................:*-(
You can take me away...........:( Just don't use the bracelets................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:Ah, Uncle Petey STILL leaves his mark wherever he goes! :lol:

RGeeProductions
12-19-2008, 09:36 PM
For those who haven't seen the banner...

unowho243
12-19-2008, 10:37 PM
hope if theres a next time they fall off n die! :applause:

damn kids my concern is how they got in and if they can climb the scoreboard what else can they get there hands on

my suggestion is when people are in the area sometimes just drive into the parking lot and look around to see if anyones there that isnt supposed to be i do that sometimes.

art11758
12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
That's pretty sad.

Troyer driver
12-22-2008, 04:40 PM
If they catch the person that did it can some one ask then to please replace the light bulbs that are out in the score board? It must be real hard to get up there cauz the wonderful track owners just see it fit as it has been years that they have been out. Or maby with saving the late models and working on riping off the fans/racers money and giving nothing in return (point fund/tire money. Oh i get it I should be greatful that they provide a track to race at LOL.
Happy Holidays to all.
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

DODGE99
12-22-2008, 04:50 PM
you may be right about all those things Troyer Driver. But im sure we'll see you there come race season LOL.:rolleyes:

NYI
12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
It's not the light bulbs that need to be fixed. It is some part inside the scoreboard but they don't make it anymore. I guess we can all hope they get a new one, oh wait that would mean the owners would have to spend $$$$$.

SuperShafts
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
So why not take a collection....

I'll look into the cost of a new scoreboard for you..

catfish
12-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Better yet how about the NEW SCOREBOARD sponsored by LI DRIVESHAFT:lol:

rydogg97
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
donated by by li driveshafts

SuperShafts
12-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Better yet how about the NEW SCOREBOARD sponsored by LI DRIVESHAFT:lol:

Not this year... Not saying i wouldn't, but my hands are full right now, or empty depending how you look at it....

As soon as i get the quotes for the scoreboards back i'll put it up here.

SuperShafts
12-26-2008, 02:18 PM
donated by by li driveshafts

Not against that either.... but there were no christmas bonuses this year, and i only needed 1

Troyer driver
12-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Why in the world would someone spend there own money (donations/sponsored by) to buy Riverhead Raceway a new scoreboard? Must be nice to be Barbara and Jim Cromarty, having a race track and having other people pay for it and reaping the rewards. At least Leona Hemsley went to jail (tax-fraud) and she died Leaving $2.5 Billion Dollar Estate wow wonder what Barbara and Jim will leave.
You would be better off buying the Brooklyn Bridge.
Happy New Year :cheers:
:wave::wave::wave::wave: :wave::wave::wave::wave:

btgoss
12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Troyer Driver, I can undestand your comments. Why should the racing community donate to a private buisness?

The answer is simple. It is the only track we have, and while it is a private buisness, the people who get enjoyment from that track may need to start doing more and more to help keep the track running. A certain amount of community activity is going to be needed.

I think we need to see more community activity, if the track would allow it. That place should look like a palace, with everything being done to fix the place up and make it a "good neighbor", within the restrictions that the town has placed on new construction.

Have a "work for tickets" program, or a marketing barter system for the things fans can't do, and that place would at least look much nicer.

Golf Guy
12-28-2008, 05:14 PM
can someone give Troyer Driver a big hug for the New Year. You need to start looking for the glass to be half full...

DODGE99
12-28-2008, 05:42 PM
if Troyer Driver is this negative about things during the holidays. i'd hate to hear what he has to say actually during racing season. No hug needed for people like that. Who cares whats in his glass. You obviously dont like Riverhead Raceway or the way its ran. SIMPLE stop talking about it and dont come.

Tracy87BB
12-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Pretty much every track receives support from other private businesses in the way of sponsorship, whether it be of divisions, of particular races, or of equipment and such. I would actually assume it is EVERY track, but I can't say that for certain, so I don't want to state that without knowing for sure. And it is NOT a matter of others simply handing money to the track owners or promoters...it is, in fact, advertising. Think about it. If an outside business donated something - whether it be a sweeper, a scoreboard, or anything else - their name would go on it, and we all know that Bob Finan would announce the heck out of it. Fans - especially those who are frequent visitors - appreciate those kinds of gestures, and you might be surprised at how many people would make that business their first choice if they needed something the business had to offer. So, the idea of a business putting money into the track to make improvements is not something new. And, yes, in times such as these, we as the "racing community" should be making every effort to help keep our track open and flourishing. Right now, our glass IS half full, as we do have a place to race.

wayne
12-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Git Em Kev!!

randomrodder
12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Why are we going on about this? Supershafts isn't going to donate for a new scoreboard and I don't see anyone else jumping up to do it.

So, I think it's a mute issue. :-|

catfish
12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I was actually trying to make a joke

RGeeProductions
12-28-2008, 09:51 PM
This is not a joke anymore.........LOL

art11758
12-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Certainly not. I fail to understand how a offer, any offer of an improvement elicits such responses. The contractor that improved the driveway which a good percentage of you have used at sometime received a benefit for it. No grumbling there. Another business merely mentions/responds to an idea/suggestion similar in nature and....... Geez, tough crowd.

W. J.
12-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Don't need a new scoreboard. We need one of NASCAR's (used) Diamond-Vision screens. I'm sure with their money, they get new ones every few years. You can show everything on one of those, even replays!!!

As an aside, telling people who "don't like the way things are" to stay away is NOT a good idea. We already have too many of those people out there already!

Rock Bottom
12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
May try cable vision or verizon they kicked in in my towns score board for the football field,Arizona ice tea as well

don38
12-29-2008, 04:13 PM
What do you think it would take to remove the paint? You can count me in to help clean it.

W. J.
12-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I've heard WD-40 works well on spray paint. I think it depends on how soon you get to it after it's been done. Whelen will probably be giving out new signs for 2009, so it may not matter.

unowho243
12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
if Troyer Driver is this negative about things during the holidays. i'd hate to hear what he has to say actually during racing season. No hug needed for people like that. Who cares whats in his glass. You obviously dont like Riverhead Raceway or the way its ran. SIMPLE stop talking about it and dont come.

haha AMEN!!!

Wheel Racing
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Passed the track today and finally saw it for myself and my blood just boiled. Pieces of sh#% just make me crazy with a total lack of respect. Who cares about how they got in,because these types of people would have gotten in regardless of what type of lock or security was in place. We can't blame the bosses on this one,but I would prefer to see it taken down altogether at this point rather than give bragging rights to these d*#%&@ bags

NYI
12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Why not just take the sign down. They get a new one every racing season from nascar so why not just take it down for the winter.

Tracy87BB
01-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Just to resolve the issue of the scoreboard...I have been informed by the track office that this issue is being handled, and a new scoreboard is actually not needed. During the offseason, Bob Finan came into contact with someone who services and repairs a number of high school scoreboards. As luck would have it, he and his wife are occasional visitors to the track, and they are familiar with the type of scoreboard that the track has. They may be able to be of service when the on-site track preparations for the 2009 season begin.:applause:

JBonsignore
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
nice to hear, its always a big mystery as to whether we are on lap 4, or 9 :wave:

The Bullfather
01-02-2009, 08:43 PM
You have time to look up at the board while driving??? :lol:

JBonsignore
01-03-2009, 10:28 AM
well pete, find me a mod race that typically isn't under caution on one of them laps. lol

DAN D.
01-03-2009, 10:38 AM
so painted is DEZY ?

i am shure that there is more DEZY sprayed around riverhead, and someone knows who DEZY is .. wanna take the time?
or does it stand for Deniseski, Ewanisko, Zaleski, Young?

it really sucks I wonder if they know what kyrlon tastes like ? like a full can of it , duct taped wide open ,

SuperShafts
01-04-2009, 08:13 PM
it really sucks I wonder if they know what kyrlon tastes like ? like a full can of it , duct taped wide open ,

You can feed em krylon and i'll smash the finger that works the spray can till it's as flat as a dime.

On another note, gettin a scoreboard is a real sob... who would have thought there would be so many issues do to the transponders used rarely

Fkraft99
03-04-2009, 05:03 AM
i know its been a while since this was news but i do have an update on this story. The young man that was going around the town of riverhead and defacing numerous building and properties has been caught and arrested. He was caught by none other then Jarrod Hayes , while Jrod was working for the town of Riverhead in the early morning hours. This happened some time ago im just late getting it up here. I have no word on punishment or what not but i figured id be the first to give Jrod some well earned Kudos. :applause:

fisherman
03-04-2009, 06:02 AM
also the sign is also only a cover look at the wringles in it

RGeeProductions
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for reminding me Fred. I have been trying to grab this from the now MEMBER only archives of the News Review. I gave up trying but finally stopped the page before it went to the log in screen this morning......

Police Nail Graffiti Vandal

A teenager from Yaphank was arrested on graffiti charges last week, making for the first graffiti-related arrest since a slew of markings began turning up throughout Riverhead late last year.

The suspect, Jed Stout, 17, was then charged by Suffolk County Police detectives for making graffiti in Center Moriches and East Moriches earlier this month.

In the Riverhead bust, Mr. Stout was allegedly drunk when a highway department employee (JRod, lol) spotted him spray-painting the Long Island Cauliflower Association storage building on Mill Road at about 4 a.m. last Wednesday, police said.

The teenager tried to flee from police in his car, but he didn't get far, said Detective Sgt. Joseph Loggia, adding that a number of spray paint cans and paint markers were found in the car.

Investigators are now seeking to determine whether Mr. Stout, who has friends in Riverhead, is responsible for other "tagging" in town.

"We're looking into the possibility of more charges being filed against him; I believe some of the tags are in other locations," Sgt. Loggia said. "I would hope the courts give a stringent sentence. This stuff is all over town."

Mr. Stout was charged with making graffiti, possession of graffiti instruments and driving while intoxicated, all misdemeanors.

Sgt. Loggia said Mr. Stout was not cooperative with detectives during interviews.

His being tied to the Moriches incidents is big news in that area as well, especially in Center Moriches, where the Jan. 15 graffiti spree to which Mr. Stout is being tied has decimated the quaint look of the hamlet's shopping district.

The recent increase of graffiti and vandalism in Riverhead Town has drawn the attention of Town Board members, who publicly discussed the issue with police officers on several occasions.

Police say finding graffiti artists is often difficult, unless police are notified by residents who witness the crime. Riverhead Supervisor Phil Cardinale called on the public to be vigilant.

"I'm hopeful that if he in fact has been doing a great deal of the graffiti in town that it will now stop, and if he hasn't been doing the mass of it, that the example of his arrest will dissuade others to stop as well," Mr. Cardinale added.

The Council for Unity, a group comprised of local school students and community members, is planning a town-wide graffiti cleanup day in March.

Publication The News-Review
Date February 05, 2009
Byline By Tim Gannon

leah28racing
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
way to go Jrod!!!!!!:cheers::cheers:

Tracy87BB
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
All I can say is that I'm sure Bob Finan will get plenty of mileage out of this one... I can just hear it now...

Good job, j-rod.

wayne
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Question # 1 Jrod, did you slap him around alittle before the cops came, and #2 whatcha doin out at 4 am ? Town workers don't start that early! lol. Good job!

j-rod
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I would have loved to smash his face into the building but i figured I'd get sued and he'd be let go.lol Come on wayne, starting at 3:45am ain't nothing compared to working 30 hours straight.