PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 Schedule is here

Howie
12-19-2008, 04:31 PM
2009 NASCAR WHELEN MODIFIED TOUR SCHEDULE

Date Track (Length) Location
Sunday, April 5 Thompson International Speedway (.625-Mile) Thompson, Conn.
Sunday, April 26 Stafford Motor Speedway (.5-Mile) Stafford, Conn.
Friday, May 22 Stafford Motor Speedway (.5-Mile) Stafford, Conn.
Saturday, June 27 New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.058-Mile) Loudon, N.H.
Saturday, July 11 Spencer Speedway (.5-Mile) Williamson, N.Y.
Saturday, Aug. 1 Riverhead Raceway (.25-Mile) Riverhead, N.Y.
Friday, Aug. 7 Stafford Motor Speedway (.5-Mile) Stafford, Conn.
Thursday, Aug. 13 Thompson International Speedway (.625-Mile) Thompson, Conn.
Wednesday, Aug. 19 * Bristol Motor Speedway (.533-Mile) Bristol, Tenn.
Saturday, Aug. 29 Chemung Speedrome (.375-Mile) Chemung, N.Y.
Saturday, Sept. 19 New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.058-Mile) Loudon, N.H.
Sunday, Sept. 27 * Martinsville Speedway (.526-Mile) Martinsville, Va.
Sunday, Oct. 4 Stafford Motor Speedway (.5-Mile) Stafford, Conn.
Sunday, Oct. 18 Thompson International Speedway (.625-Mile) Thompson, Conn
* Combination race with NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour

limodmaniac
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Is there a bus to Bristol?

Otherwise, road trip here we come!

No other surprises.. Where's Waterford?

MOD JUNKIE
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
well I didn,t believe any of the Bristol stuff but now it looks to be for real. Please leave the plates in New Hamsphire!

PitGirl35
12-19-2008, 05:46 PM
No Modified Mania at Thompson before New Hampshire?

Hammerdown
12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
With Bristol and Martinsville they are just about in my backyard here in NC! Has a southern schedule been released, too?

Hammerdown
12-19-2008, 05:56 PM
FOUND IT!

2009 NASCAR WHELEN SOUTHERN MODIFIED TOUR SCHEDULE

Date Track (Length) Location
Sunday, March 15 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.
Saturday, March 21 Concord Motorsports Park (.5-Mile) Concord, N.C.
Friday, March 27 Ace Speedway (.4-Mile) Altamahaw, N.C.
Saturday, March 28 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.
Saturday, April 4 South Boston Speedway (.4-Mile) South Boston, Va.
Saturday, April 11 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.
Saturday, April 18 Lanier National Speedway (.375-Mile) Braselton, Ga.
Friday, July 3 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.
Saturday, Aug. 1 Bowman Gray Stadium (.25-Mile) Winston-Salem, N.C.
Wednesday, Aug. 19 * Bristol Motor Speedway (.533-Mile) Bristol, Tenn.
Saturday, Aug. 29 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.
Saturday, Sept. 5 Myrtle Beach Speedway (.5-Mile) Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Saturday, Sept. 12 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.
Sunday, Sept. 27 * Martinsville Speedway (.526-Mile) Martinsville, Va.
Friday, Oct. 2 Ace Speedway (.4-Mile) Altamahaw, N.C.
Saturday, Oct. 10 Caraway Speedway (.455-Mile) Asheboro, N.C.

limodmaniac
12-19-2008, 06:04 PM
And only 3 races at Thompson???? (OOPs, that's what I meant)

Howie
12-19-2008, 06:24 PM
3 races at Thompson

and

The Southern schedule is in the Southern forum.

holleratme
12-19-2008, 06:33 PM
look for thompson to have a open 300 this year.

corey17
12-19-2008, 06:33 PM
And ya'll thought I was crazy on the Bristol stuff.....don't doubt me LOL. The Southern schedule looks awful as usual, looks like the Caraway Whelen Southern Modified tour for 2009 once again. We will never get recognized like we should until we get away from running there, a couple is alright, but 7 events?

KyleMac45
12-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Is this the first time that NWSMT has been to Concord in quite a few years?

limodmaniac
12-19-2008, 06:47 PM
An open 300? How interesting.....

kinserfan11
12-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Road Trip to Bristol:cheers; Anyone want a ride share?:cheers:

uticamike
12-19-2008, 08:57 PM
One race in May,June, July and then 5 in Aug. Who thunka that?

kinserfan11
12-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Anyone wants to ride share to Bristol for Whelen Tour; please send a message or email:cheers:

M T Pockets
12-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Isn't that schedule just great????? Times are rough, people hoping they don't get layed off and NASCAR puts a schedule together that will have people miss more time from work than before. :(

Next announcement will be all the long travel distance short track races will be "Reduced Purse" races and yes all the dumb car owners will thank NASCAR for pimping us out once again and go to those races.:disgusted

Bristol !!! on a Wednesday night????? NASCAR, what are you thinking. Richmond dumped us because they couldn't get anyone in the stands on a Thursday night on a Cup weekend!:mad:

Oh well, Just my two cents. I guess I'll go back outside and shovel snow and cool off!

M T Pockets
12-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I see the Trucks will be racing the same day as the Modifieds at Bristol so that may help a bit with the attendance. We should put on a better race as usual!:)

Teds Race Tours
12-19-2008, 10:38 PM

Yes, there is.

Teds Race Tours
12-19-2008, 10:48 PM

well I didn,t believe any of the Bristol stuff but now it looks to be for real. Please leave the plates in New Hamsphire!

I don't think they'll run a plate at Bristol. Its not big enough for a successful plate race like Richmond, Nazareth, and of Course, NHMS.

Teds Race Tours
12-19-2008, 11:02 PM
And ya'll thought I was crazy on the Bristol stuff.....don't doubt me LOL. The Southern schedule looks awful as usual, looks like the Caraway Whelen Southern Modified tour for 2009 once again. We will never get recognized like we should until we get away from running there, a couple is alright, but 7 events?

You got 9 other races at 8 other tracks. You're looking at the glass 1/2 empty. 7 events at caraway is alot, but i think overall its a very diverse schedule.

TJ1976
12-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Road Trip to Bristol:cheers; Anyone want a ride share?:cheers:

Count me in brother!...Bristol is but 3 hours from me!

burtmyers1
12-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Corey Im not sure where your getting awful from becuase thats the best schedule we've had since the mid 90s. For once there are more races at other tracks than there are at Caraway.

If you ask me the northern guys got the shaft on the schedule. Really only one new race, although its a big one, and the loss of Mod Mania/The 300 weekend. Whereas we got 4 new tracks.

RichKeator
12-20-2008, 02:58 PM
I see the Trucks will be racing the same day as the Modifieds at Bristol so that may help a bit with the attendance. We should put on a better race as usual!:)

Hey if its the same day as the trucks then maybe SPPED will show the mods?!?!? MODS ON TV?! wishful thinking Im sure

stabone
12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Corey Im not sure where your getting awful from becuase thats the best schedule we've had since the mid 90s. For once there are more races at other tracks than there are at Caraway.

If you ask me the northern guys got the shaft on the schedule. Really only one new race, although its a big one, and the loss of Mod Mania/The 300 weekend. Whereas we got 4 new tracks.

I will have to agree with you Burt...I know we will be doing a lot more southern races then the 1 we did last year...You know people complain about 5 races at Thompson & 7 races at caraway... and you say to many races there....now you have 3 races at Thompson..and what does everyone doe they complain about ONLY 3 races....Now say caraway has only 2 races next year? What everyone gona do complain?? Just everyone be happy that there are still races at these facilities!!! And everyone support them if you can!!! To me I look at all the schedules {true value included} and we are gona be doing alot of racing...The only one that irks me is since the swmt started.They always have riverhead and Bowman Gray on the same date....I know about 4-5 northern teams my team included that would go to BGS in A heart beat!!! I know for myself that I love all these new tracks we are gona be going to with all these different series..... Still waiting for the ROC schedule though.....

Racer1_NC
12-20-2008, 05:34 PM
The only one that irks me is since the swmt started.They always have riverhead and Bowman Gray on the same date....I know about 4-5 northern teams my team included that would go to BGS in A heart beat!!!
Believe me when I say that I can't fathom a reason why any modified team would travel 12 plus hours to run BGS. This comes from someone that has attended races there for over 30 years.

stabone
12-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Believe me when I say that I can't fathom a reason why any modified team would travel 12 plus hours to run BGS. This comes from someone that has attended races there for over 30 years.

Exactly..you said you have been goin there 30 years...We have never been there.I have heard the all the horror stories ,seen the youtube videos, about what goes on there.But theres alot of history at that ole Ball yard.I guess just to say you raced around a football field and got screamed at by 10,000 fans..... Cause I know we dont have to many tracks like that up here....Call me crazy..that sounds like a very enjoyable 12 hour ride..

Racer1_NC
12-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Exactly..you said you have been goin there 30 years...We have never been there.I have heard the all the horror stories ,seen the youtube videos, about what goes on there.But theres alot of history at that ole Ball yard.I guess just to say you raced around a football field and got screamed at by 10,000 fans..... Cause I know we dont have to many tracks like that up here....Call me crazy..that sounds like a very enjoyable 12 hour ride..

Well.....I can guarantee the experience would be like no other you have ever had. That much, I'll give you. :D

Let me know if and when you come down, I'll stop by the pits and see how you are liking it. ;)

stabone
12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Well.....I can guarantee the experience would be like no other you have ever had. That much, I'll give you. :D

Let me know if and when you come down, I'll stop by the pits and see how yo
u are liking it. ;)

I will do that....They have a couple 150 lappers threw out the season????

Racer1_NC
12-20-2008, 06:20 PM
I will do that....They have a couple 150 lappers threw out the season????

The season opens with a 200 lapper.......the tour race is a 199. The 150 is the season ending race. They do have several 100 lap races during the season. Qualify, then draw for your starting position. You can set fast time and start last.

corey17
12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Bowman Gray could be the best experience you have ever had in your life, and more than likely it would be the most expensive. It's hallowed ground for sure, but don't come expecting to "race", i haven't seen an actual mod "race" there in 15 years. And as far as Caraway, I wouldn't cry at all if it wasn't on the schedule, i'm banned from there anyway LOL, it could be the best track around if they had some people there that knew how to run it.

TJ1976
12-21-2008, 01:39 AM
With the exception of the Riverhead date, looks like NASCAR is staggering the schedule out so the North and South teams could run a combined schedule

limodmaniac
12-21-2008, 07:38 AM
My guess is that Nascar had nothing to do with that. More likely, the Southern Dates are controlled by Bowman Gray, and the North schedule is more based on what tracks do every year. Dates hardly ever change .

If Nascar really wants to be nice, they'll make Bowman Gray or Riverhead move their date one week early, so we can get to both short tracks.

Brian Hawks
12-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Seeing Jimmy Blewett and Ted Christopher roll Bowman Gray would be a highlight in itself.

burtmyers1
12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Riverheads August race has always been the first weekend. The Stadiums 199 has always been the first weekend in August, we've had that race going on down here for years before the Nascar tour started. So if something is going to change it had go against tradition. If thats the case Riverheads date will change. Not being southern biased but the Stadium runs things down here. Why not move the Riverhead race to the other former date when Riverhead had 2 tour races, the first weekend in June?

Brian you have no idea how bad or how long I've wanted to see TC or Stefanik or some other big time northern teams come down and race against us on our REAL home track. Richie and Cook used to come down for our big opener back in the late 1970s and pretty much embarassingly spank us.

limodmaniac
12-21-2008, 02:05 PM
i think they'd like to keep it during summer for better weather and better crowd. But I do think if they moved it up one week, it would also help spread out the schedule some. So if anyone has any pull with Nascar and Riverhead, how about that? Move the race up one week earlier.

MOD JUNKIE
12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Seeing Jimmy Blewett and Ted Christopher roll Bowman Gray would be a highlight in itself.

that would be something to see, Jimmy Blewett, Ted Christopher, Burt Myers and JR Miller on that track, bet there would be some youtube videos after that one.

Racer1_NC
12-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Richie and Cook used to come down for our big opener back in the late 1970s and pretty much embarassingly spank us.
That was back when you could pass there......

BOWATCHER
12-21-2008, 03:40 PM
It really would be neat to have the wmt invade B/G I bet on a good night 10/12 north cars would make it. with the swmt and the B/G regulars taking most of the spots.Hey with some future planning if the Bristol deal succeeds why not have a southern swing in the schedule B/G!!!! JMO