PDA

View Full Version : There is some good news and bad news about the Tour schedule

btgoss
12-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Bristol.
Effin' Bristol Speedway is finally going to get a Modified race!
This is awesome. Simply awesome.
That is going to be just one heck of a show, with what should be a nice selection from both the North and the South Tours.

Here's hoping SpeedTV will air the race. Most likely taped delayed, six months later, on Tuesday at 3am. But it will be on.

But 14 races?
Yikes.
I know things are bad, but really only 14 races? And Thompson is actually dropping 2 of it's traditional 5 races. That is not a good sign.

art11758
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Sign of the times. I'm prolly not going to travel but once or twice this year. And I used to be good for 6 or 8 trips a season. Last year was just four. And nothing far. (Icebreaker/Thompson, Mahoning and twice to the dragstrips in NJ) If I can work a trip to NH into my "vacation" (job simply closes in July) I may catch something up there. I'm sure I am not alone.

RGeeProductions
12-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes this is good news and bad news.
Good for going to Bristol and bad because there has been no modified testing there and it's a known fact that wide 5 hubs won't hold up to the stress!!! Safety should always be first and I hope NASCAR steps up with at least 2 tests there to see what will happen.

Jaws
12-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Yes this is good news and bad news.
Good for going to Bristol and bad because there has been no modified testing there and it's a known fact that wide 5 hubs won't hold up to the stress!!! Safety should always be first and I hope NASCAR steps up with at least 2 tests there to see what will happen.

Tests will be done in the spring, teams have already been invited.

Teds Race Tours
12-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Tests will be done in the spring, teams have already been invited.

Do you have a date on that Jaws. It would be awesome if it was on Cup Weekend in March to give the fans a teaser.

Jaws
12-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Do you have a date on that Jaws. It would be awesome if it was on Cup Weekend in March to give the fans a teaser.

They don't have a date yet, I think they need to get a few teams together and see what works for them. I will keep you posted as I hope to go myself with a camera to record the day.

Hollywood
12-25-2008, 10:04 PM
The transition from the pits to the racing surface will be interesting. I wonder how tough it will be.? . ?