PDA

View Full Version : North South Shootout on TV Tonight?

Rich Mergl
12-26-2008, 12:05 PM
My Channel 115 doesn`t come up. And it is not listed. Is it only accessible at 8PM?

The Bullfather
12-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Only Westbury cablevision, no Brookhaven cablevison! They would more than triple their viewership if they had Brookenhaven cablevision!

KyleMac45
12-26-2008, 04:06 PM
What about us Satellite people? DirecTV?

Kyle

W. J.
12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Sorry, Kyle, not on satellite. Barely on the mismanaged Cablevision, it seems, lol!:lol:

Guess I'll just have to watch the DVD my buddy made when we were there. :)

Tooner
12-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Is there a name of the station or channel it will be on?

Thanks,

Mike

Tracy87BB
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
No Tooner, it is public access TV. Woodbury Cablevision channel 115 every Friday at 8 pm.

RGeeProductions
12-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry, Kyle, not on satellite. Barely on the mismanaged Cablevision, it seems, lol!:lol:

Guess I'll just have to watch the DVD my buddy made when we were there. :)

BUT, it IS on Cablevision NOT satellite......

KyleMac45
12-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats ok... I was there... Thats all that matters! LOL

Kyle

stefanikfan
12-27-2008, 07:54 AM
How 'bout Cox communication or Comcast cable up here in RI. and Ct??

W. J.
12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
BUT, it IS on Cablevision NOT satellite......
Yeah, VERY LIMITED cable. Nice way to treat customers of a company with, as they claim, over 3,000,000 subscribers. Way to give them their money's worth, for all they pay.
At least if it's on satellite, it's on all satellite, not just some limited local area. That was my point, in case you missed that.

RGeeProductions
12-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, VERY LIMITED cable. Nice way to treat customers of a company with, as they claim, over 3,000,000 subscribers. Way to give them their money's worth, for all they pay.
At least if it's on satellite, it's on all satellite, not just some limited local area. That was my point, in case you missed that.

Sorry WJ, I do know your point. You hate Cablevision.
Well, there are many, like myself, that don't or never have had an issue with them.
My 2 points were:
1. I was just supporting cable as you support satellite and that's all.
2. The fact that cable WAS showing the race, whether limited or not.

The Bullfather
12-27-2008, 12:36 PM
It's public tv, each area shows different public tv, such as local government. Why would they show the township of Brookenhaven to Woodbury area and vice versa! Need for Speed has to contact each office of public tv of Cablevision if they wanted to show it in other areas. They choose not too! There are some shows on public tv that are each area but getting the footage to each office that runs it is different, they would have to mail or drop off (which Kevin does) to the Cablevision office in their area.

Now on to regular channels, I know one or two channels I have that someone in Bohemia doesn't and they have one or two channels that I don't get! Oh well! :lol: But they are spanish channels!

W. J.
12-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Regardless of my feelings for Cablevision, my point was they need only connect a wire to feed the channel to all subscribers, since all pay the same fee for basic, with the only price difference being local 'franchise fees' paid to the towns. Then all customers would be treated equally, just like satellite, and for that matter, over the air customers. It isn't as if the band width (channel space) isn't there.
And yes, "Need for Speed" needs to pressure them to provide that channel to everyone on LI.

W. J.
12-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Nice article in Newsday today about Southampton and Riverhead Towns suing Cablevision for moving local access channels to higher priced tier. Still wondering why I like Cablevision so much....?

Jaws
12-29-2008, 11:48 AM
No Tooner, it is public access TV. Woodbury Cablevision channel 115 every Friday at 8 pm.

Thats right Tracy and it is on Cablevision but they have nothing to do with it except provide the public access station for others to use. its been a long time since channel 12 broadcast a race from Riverhead.

Jaws
12-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Nice article in Newsday today about Southampton and Riverhead Towns suing Cablevision for moving local access channels to higher priced tier. Still wondering why I like Cablevision so much....?

As much as I dislike cable too (Mostly because of the high $) Cable is moving the public acces to the digital tier which means you need a box. They offered 1 free box for life (seems like a good deal to me). But the towns want as many boxes as a houshold wants, also for life. Its not like they are saying we are switching it and screw the customers. So any customer that needs a box for public acces will not pay any extra $.

In a couple of years all signals and TV's will be totaly digital with built in digital tuners so this will all be a moot point eventually.

As a matter of fact in 2 months if you don't have a built in digital tuner you won't be able to get over the air broadcasts either without a special set top box. Times are a changing.