PDA

View Full Version : Gene Pack News

mends
01-04-2009, 02:18 AM
okay... i'm here for my modified home...

so i'll start out with some news for 2009 for gene pack

looks like gene will move up to modified (from sportsman) at bowman gray stadium - and he'll drive the green brian pack memorial scheme car with the 31 imprint..

on the tour, gene will be driving brian's (donny lia) car, running the same scheme and the familiar number 81 that brian drove... i don't think i'll be changing anything about the scheme, so as of today, it will look like the last scheme brian drove...

as you know (or dont), me and brian were extremely close and his death has been hard on me... i haven't discussed with gene, what part i will play with the team this year, it's just not the same with sapo not being there... and with my wife having cancer and us having 2 small kids, it's hard enough for me to try and run my car... so hopefully i'll see you guys in 2009, if not, the above is the reason... but if gene wants me there and my wife is okay with it, then i'll see you at some races...

ps - the plans for 2010 are for austin pack - brian's son - to take over the 81.. i'll keep you informed

Rabbit504
01-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I know I never meet you Mends, but we have "talked" on the computer in the past.
I have read many of your posts and know you are a racer.
Good luck.
I will pray for you and your family.