PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Week Enduro - Poll

CJfilms
01-05-2009, 09:37 AM
As you may have figured, Grandview Speedway runs several times throughout the racing season "MID-WEEK PROGRAMS".

This can be anywhere from Tuesday-Wedbesday-Thursday evening shows...

Would anyone be interested in possibly running an enduro on a mid-week evening?

enduro438
01-05-2009, 09:59 AM
If and when I can actually run again, there would be no way I could make it for a weekday show

310fig8
01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I could not make a mid week show. If you do plan that way will it be a point race??

CJfilms
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
As pointless as me...

If NEETS were ever to have a mid-week race...the first one (or possible first couple if they would be successful) would be exhibition only, no points involved.

This is just a "throw it out there" idea...when I first met with Bruce Rogers, he asked if we could ever run during the week...this poll is more or less just a way to see if it COULD ever happen...that's all! :D

Sac-Man
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
It's tough for me to get there just to watch a mid week event.:eek:
I would try to make it. It would probably require me to take a vacation day and if weather caused a postponement I would be hosed.:rolleyes: I think it would be fun and I would like the exposure with whoever was on the bill with us.

woot lawrence
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
i dont know how many longisland boys would make it mid week. that would mean taking off 2 days of work, the day of the race to get there and the day after to sleep.

vsmidge68
01-05-2009, 03:13 PM
sundays at 5pm are bad enough. that makes it 1-2 am before we get home and have to work the next day. thats why we cant make it. how about sunday at noon or 1pm. it would be sure help the guys that travel 4-5 hours.. just a thought..

richardpetey
01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Dirt doesn't taste good any day of the week...................................:eek:
Call Shangri-La-II, they gotta nice new concrete 1/2 mile track just itching for business......................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Lad3der
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
i have to agree with woot, vicki and uncle petey.
joe i hope you take this into consideration for this year

CJfilms
01-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Just to re-iterate...

This was just to get opinions, there are no scheduled mid-week events and there will not be any for 2009...IF we were to even consider having something mid-week, it is pretty obvious no one would be interested...that's why it is easier to throw a poll out there and get some FEED BACK first.

Vicki...working on that...

NJ Chick
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Uncle Petey, you just aren't using the right dirt recipe!:D

Boo hiss on mid week races!!!

STU
01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Midweek is tough, but I would love to be added to a "Thunder" show.

richardpetey
01-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Where's ,the dreaded, MONDAY on your poll....................:confused:
Shouldn't you "cement" a muddy monday to the schedule.............:eek:
After all mondays ain't just for hangovers anymore...............:(
Just what I need, chunks of grandview bouncing off my helmet for a monday AM wake-up call............................:disgusted
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
01-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Now there is a good idea Petey! Muddy Monday Madness! 8AM start time, line them up as they arrive "traffic-style" early bid get's the POLE, start them as they hit the dirt, run the show until there is only one left!

Gee...you would almost want to be hung over or still drinking to even attempt this one!

dirtmodfan
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Let's line them up any day of the week! The racing itch is getting so bad it is about to hurt. Can't wait to scratch it 8 times at Grandview!

:cheers:

CJfilms
01-16-2009, 08:20 AM
According to this poll, a vast majority of our drivers would not be interested in participating in a mid-week event.

Again, the point of this poll is to get a feel for some of the different options and everyone's opinions towards them.

Thank you for participating in this poll!