PDA

View Full Version : Porkroll - The Thread

fastbackss
01-09-2009, 03:21 PM
There are plenty of topics that eventually discuss pork roll. I figured one thread should be devoted solely to it. My contribution to start:

I listen to a radio show out here in Michigan called Deminski and Doyle. They used to be on in NJ, but are now "native" to Michigan.

Their topic today was "best tasting food that is horrible for you", as they were eating "Luther's" in studio today. A Luther is a bacon cheesburger that uses a Krispy Kreme donut cut in half instead of a roll. I called in and got on the air to contribute the Lumberjack. A Lumberjack is served at the Sawmill Café in Seaside Park, NJ and is a cheeseburger with pork roll on top of it and then another piece of cheese on top of that. Deminski is originally from NJ so he knew what pork roll is and loved it but Doyle had no idea. That meant we had to educate him. Anytime I can start my day by teaching someone about pork roll - that is a positive sign.

-Mike

Tooner
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Central Jersey the same sandwich was called a "Garbage Can".

Pork Roll Rules, tell them they can order it online.

Precision Auto
01-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm soooooo happy I live in Connecticut!! :applause:

ModTourMan
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you Mike...now I'm inspired to cook up that Taylor Ham we have in the fridge...yup, pork roll, egg and cheese tomorrow morning for sure!

Jaws
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Pork Roll an indigenous species to the Northeast especially NJ.

Pork Roll season is all year but you are only allowed to hunt them with bow and arrow.

They have appeared as far east as Stafford and Thompson and on the eastern end of LI as far east as Riverhead (Summer months only)

Chris
01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I will always associate pork roll with Flemington speedway. Early morning toasting the roll next to the frying pork roll,fried egg and cheese. Sitting in the stands sipping coffee eating my breakfast and hearing the modifieds warm up....AH THE MEMORIES!!!!!:drool:

chrome horn
01-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Linda....I promise to bring you some one of these days.. I started the new year off right here in CT. New Years eve, my brother found some at a store by his house. New years day, well my cholesterol shot up about 100 points.
Long live the pork roll!

ModTourMan
01-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Pork Roll an indigenous species to the Northeast especially NJ.

Pork Roll season is all year but you are only allowed to hunt them with bow and arrow.

They have appeared as far east as Stafford and Thompson and on the eastern end of LI as far east as Riverhead (Summer months only)
:lol::lol:

Teds Race Tours
01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Don't tell Axel, but there is a deli at exit 60 off the LIE that makes Taylor Ham Bfast Sandwiches. And they are yummy.

Axel
01-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Don't tell Axel, but there is a deli at exit 60 off the LIE that makes Taylor Ham Bfast Sandwiches. And they are yummy.

It's a quandry. I dont know if I should be spreadhing the word of prok roll or try to keep it as NJ's quirkly little secret. I guess Ted's post tells which way the winds are blowing, but that's OK.

Here's the next big question: Pork Roll or Taylor Ham. I sez Pork Roll, but I think in the northern part of NJ many say Taylor Ham.

ModTourMan
01-10-2009, 03:52 PM
...Here's the next big question: Pork Roll or Taylor Ham. I sez Pork Roll, but I think in the northern part of NJ many say Taylor Ham.

NO DIFFERENCE- they're one and the same and have always been "pork roll" to me! I just grew up seeing the Taylor Ham brand in the fridge and old habits die hard.
Sorry for the confusion Alex...there was no need for me to complicate such a beautiful thing like pork roll. By the way, the pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich I made was awesome. I even got compliments on my cooking from the wife! You just can't screw up pork roll!!!

catfish
01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Ted, I am very familiar with the deli, the new owner does not quite make the same sandwich Pop made but its not bad.:cheers:

Tooner
01-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one getting hungry reading this?

Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a hard roll with salt pepper and ketchup tomorrow for breakfast!

Oh wait, Hard Roll's are a NJ thing too, hahah

Walt
01-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Ted, I am very familiar with the deli, the new owner does not quite make the same sandwich Pop made but its not bad.:cheers:

'fish,
How does a pork roll stack up against a Eastport Hog?

Tooner
01-10-2009, 07:48 PM
P.S. Anyone coming down to AC next weekend for the Motorsports show, stop somewhere in NJ and try a pork roll sandwich. Unless you have a gout problem, then it is a no-no.

Axel
01-10-2009, 08:11 PM
or a cholesterol problem-- 18 grams of fat per serving (2 slices).

Russ- glad to hear about your sammich. PREC on a Hard roll with salt and pepper--- mmm mmm good.

The Bullfather
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
hahhahaha I'm kinda embarrassed I read the whole thread so far! lol Too funny!

Precision Auto
01-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Does pork roll come with a warning label? :applause:

catfish
01-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Newk, The Hog is good as well, but Pork Roll makes a very good simple but delicious tasting sandwich all it's own.

LiquidBread
01-10-2009, 09:51 PM
It's a quandry. I dont know if I should be spreadhing the word of prok roll or try to keep it as NJ's quirkly little secret. I guess Ted's post tells which way the winds are blowing, but that's OK.

Here's the next big question: Pork Roll or Taylor Ham. I sez Pork Roll, but I think in the northern part of NJ many say Taylor Ham.

I thought Axel was the national spokesman for the Pork Roll Council. You know like Charlton Heston for the NRA. Obviously this is a culinary phenomenon of a much bigger proportion than I would have guessed. How big is Pork Roll nation anyway?

RGeeProductions
01-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I really didn't want to bring this up but it is racing related....LOL

http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/porkroll_send.jpg

Tooner
01-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Hahaha, you know what? I bet if you presented them a proposal with that rendering, they might sponsor a car. I get first dib's on the wrap though, you get paid for the design Richie, Deal?

Stranger things have happened....

Axel
01-11-2009, 06:17 AM
I guess I didn’t tell ya but as the President for the Nat'l Pork Roll Council (I like the title Liquid) this is my ride for next year. I bought a brand new Troyer chassis, Norm (and Linda) built an engine for me and we are racing a full TVMRS, RoC, Whelen North and South tours as well as any other big paying shows on the few nights off. We will offset that with racing on Saturday nights, when possible, at the Flemington Fairgrounds.

We are sponsored by Taylor Provisions. Thanks to RGee for the photo and Mike Clayton for doing the wrap for the car. We will be at New Smyrna for all 8 nights of racing. See ya there!

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/porkroll_track_alex01.jpg

Precision Auto
01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Lmbo...........!!!!!

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
That was Alex winning the "Pork Roll 300" at New Egypt!!!! LOL
Notice he is amazed he won!!!
I mean, he beat out guys like Johnny Meatpaker in the #901 Kielbasi Special and Eno Lirpasti in his Italian Pork Store #1 1/2 lbs!!!

catfish
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM
And now it is racing related,lmao

Jill
01-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Rich Sr. cooks it most every weekend for breakfast, not good for you but most addictions aren't. To further your education go to the following links:

The History of Pork Roll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

AND

What is Taylor Ham and why does New Jersey Love It?:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/92095/what_is_taylor_ham_and_why_does_new.html?cat=22

Rich Kuiken Jr. Racing #98 NWSMT
Staffordville, NJ

Axel
01-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I mean, he beat out guys like Johnny Meatpaker in the #901 Kielbasi Special and Eno Lirpasti in his Italian Pork Store #1 1/2 lbs!!!

I also beat Andy Loofami in The Rozzella's Broz Pizzaria #9pi

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
ATTENTION: The Pork Roll #1 is now in wallpaper form (http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/porkroll_track_alex01_wallpaper.jpg)!!!!
Now added, widescreen format (http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/porkroll_track_alex01_wallpaper_wide.jpg)!!
That's a BIG trophy you got there Axel....LOL

Walt
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Richie,

I didn't know that Mike Boken was flagging at New Egypt! It looks like a Cromarty Victory Lane too! ;) It's been a long time since I've been there.

Congratulations Axel

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Man....I was expected that comment, but not from you!!!!!! LOL
Tough crowd.........

Just a note:
This car isn't real,
This driver isn't real,
This trophy isn't real,
Therefore, the track isn't real!!! LOL

Walt
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry Richie. New Egypt was a paved track the last time I was there. I'd guess that was 22-1/2 years ago. Maybe I'd feel younger if I just ate a Porkroll.

RGeeProductions
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, the render is of the old Axel days when New Egypt was paved....LOL
My has Axel aged.....that name is growing on me.....

Jaws
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I am laughing my as. off!

Precision Auto
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I am laughing my as. off!

Jaws: Join the Club!!

I'm actually in the running for President of the Axel Fan Club...:help:

I only needed one vote to win and Norm provided that for me just now..I'm so excited I may send for some Pork Roll (sorry Howie, the Spam will have to wait!!)..:applause:

Howie
01-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Not to worry. I hear that there are Taylor Ham Pork Rolls at a super market a couple miles from here. If I can brave the cold tomorrow AM, it'll be eggs and pork roll for breakfast by Chef Howie!! :p

RGeeProductions
01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Handouts are now also available....

http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/axel_handout.jpg

Tooner
01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
You guys are too funny, Lou would love this!

Thanks Guys, some good humor on a cold night..

Axel
01-12-2009, 05:34 AM
RGee-- Just one question--- why do all the photos of me look they were taken by a photographer from the Weekly World News. Oh, wait, I know...

That is one fine looking hero card!

art11758
01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Just a quick FYI, if the photos were from the Weekly World News they would be in black and white. Now if they were from the Enquirer, then you would be in glorious color.
And yes, I pack pork roll sandwiches on trips to distant speedways.

RGeeProductions
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
RGee-- Just one question--- why do all the photos of me look they were taken by a photographer from the Weekly World News. Oh, wait, I know...

That is one fine looking hero card!

1. All the photos? I ONLY have 3 pictures of you I took. This is the only one that I could get a nice cut out of.....LOL
2. Yeah it is, ain't it, LOL!!!!!
3. From World Weekly News.......

http://www.rgeepro.com/graphics/porkroll_track_alex01_old.jpg

chrome horn
01-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I think we are getting off topic with all this "racing" stuff.....Let's try to keep this post to pork roll, Axel obsession with it, Linda's confusion with it and Howie eagerness to try it!! Otherwise I may lock the post!!
***POOF BYE-BYE***
LOL

Teds Race Tours
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
***POOF BYE-BYE***

That will always make me smile.

Also, for anybody heading south to AC this weekend, the Johnny Rockets in Ballys serves Taylor Ham, and I think they do breakfast all day, but double check that before heading over.

Jaws
01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
***POOF BYE-BYE***

That will always make me smile.

Also, for anybody heading south to AC this weekend, the Johnny Rockets in Ballys serves Taylor Ham, and I think they do breakfast all day, but double check that before heading over.

This is soooooo off season banter!!

I got to get me a Pork Roll with egg sandwich.

I BBQ-ed a Pork Roll last summer.....very nice!

Tooner
01-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Yes, I remember his victory lane speech:

"I want to thank my sponsors Taylor Ham Pork Roll and Rgee production, Thechromehorn.com and the others I forgot. I had a pork roll, egg and cheese before the race for extra energy, but right now I really need to find a mens room"

Howie
01-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Pork Roll Egg and Cheese Race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shD8lLUJFi8

I got my Taylor's Pork Roll today. (for you New Englanders as eager to try this as I am, you can find it at Shop-Rite). (Thanks Fran :confused:). My breakfast tomorrow will be my version. 2 fried eggs, 1 (yup only 1) slice of pork, and a slice of American cheese on a hamburger roll. (ain't got no hard rolls). Hope I feel better before I leave for Atlantic City. :lol:

Tooner
01-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Howie, cook 2 pieces and just eat one by hand to understand the taste, you will not be sorry.

Jaws
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Pork Roll Egg and Cheese Race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shD8lLUJFi8

I got my Taylor's Pork Roll today. (for you New Englanders as eager to try this as I am, you can find it at Shop-Rite). (Thanks Fran :confused:). My breakfast tomorrow will be my version. 2 fried eggs, 1 (yup only 1) slice of pork, and a slice of American cheese on a hamburger roll. (ain't got no hard rolls). Hope I feel better before I leave for Atlantic City. :lol:

OK now I am on the floor, rolling about the pork roll!

Hey I always thought that pork was the other white meat, what is pork roll? I heard it may be under investigation! (May be extra lips and things in there?) Alex, any info on that?

But its still good eating!

Howie
01-12-2009, 07:03 PM
OK now I am on the floor, rolling about the pork roll!

Hey I always thought that pork was the other white meat, what is pork roll? I heard it may be under investigation! (May be extra lips and things in there?) Alex, any info on that?

But its still good eating!

Wikipedia tells us -

Pork roll is a type of sausage-like meat product commonly available in and around New Jersey. In North Jersey it is usually called Taylor Ham.[1] The product was originally developed late in the 19th century by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey, though several firms produce it today.

Taylor originally called it "Taylor's Prepared Ham", [2] but was forced to change the name after the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 was passed, since the product did not meet the new legal definition of "ham". The new name was "Pork Roll" and it was marketed as both "Taylor's Pork Roll" and "Trenton Pork Roll". Competitors marketed products with similar names like "Rolled Pork" and "Trenton style Pork Roll" and were sued by Taylor. A 1910 legal case ruled that the words "Pork Roll" could not be trademarked.[2]

Although the product is widely consumed and enjoyed, it resists accurate description.[1] Some people compare the taste and/or texture to SPAM, Treet, baloney, mild salami, or US-style Canadian bacon. In 1910 it was described as "a food article made of pork, packed in a cylindrical cotton sack or bag in such form that it could be quickly prepared for cooking by slicing without removal from the bag."[2]

The "Although the product is widely consumed and enjoyed, it resists accurate description. Some people compare the taste and/or texture to SPAM, Treet, baloney, mild salami, or US-style Canadian bacon." Got me.

Chris
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I always thought it was lips snouts and tails. properly seasoned of course.:lol:

Axel
01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
How this thread got to 4 pages is anyone's guess. Dont blame me, fastbackss started this nonsense.

The video showed one critical thing. You gotta "notch" the pork roll. Put a little cut in the top, bottom and both sides. If you don’t, the pork roll will bubble up in the middle and it wont cook evenly. A properly cut pork roll will resemble an iron cross (or a Maltese cross for those who are politically correct.)

Properly cut pork roll: http://bp2.blogger.com/_L-iFr8r2tMY/Rm3-W1kwqNI/AAAAAAAAAAs/uINCWQsQLgw/s1600-h/Porkrollfrying.jpg

I've seen pork roll cut like this, but it's for little kids or for people who dont know much about pork roll: http://lh5.ggpht.com/MaynardPics/R5884LTVIGI/AAAAAAAAA-M/zCqqx5SsQ2g/s288/DSCF1496.JPG

ModTourMan
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I've seen pork roll cut like this, but it's for little kids or for people who dont know much about pork roll: http://lh5.ggpht.com/MaynardPics/R5884LTVIGI/AAAAAAAAA-M/zCqqx5SsQ2g/s288/DSCF1496.JPG

Now that's just a shame...what a horrible, horrible waste of meat by-products! Who am I kidding...I'd still eat those!

Classic stuff everybody! I'm cryin' with laughter reading this thread!

chrome horn
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Howie.....Unlike your disappointment with the bologna burger at Concord, you will learn to love the pork roll.....After all you eat spam!!:cheers:

Jaws
01-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Howie.....Unlike your disappointment with the bologna burger at Concord, you will learn to love the pork roll.....After all you eat spam!!:cheers:

Turkey roll with egg for breakfast, fried Bologna burger for lunch, whats for dinner?

I am kind of hungry right now.

Spam and eggs?

Precision Auto
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
How this thread got to 4 pages is anyone's guess. Dont blame me, fastbackss started this nonsense.

The video showed one critical thing. You gotta "notch" the pork roll. Put a little cut in the top, bottom and both sides. If you don’t, the pork roll will bubble up in the middle and it wont cook evenly. A properly cut pork roll will resemble an iron cross (or a Maltese cross for those who are politically correct.)

Properly cut pork roll: http://bp2.blogger.com/_L-iFr8r2tMY/Rm3-W1kwqNI/AAAAAAAAAAs/uINCWQsQLgw/s1600-h/Porkrollfrying.jpg

Axel: Your second picture reminds me of the old PacMan game.....the little yellow guys who gobbled everything up! What a great thread. Just the thing when the temp is at 2 above at out house! :applause:

Axel
01-13-2009, 04:55 AM
those are known as Pacman slices at my brother in laws restaurant. He will only cut them iron cross style. I believe he may be more of a pork roll connoisseur than I am.

catfish
01-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Lmao at that video Howie put up, "I don't care who you are that right there is funny". 5 pages anyone

Precision Auto
01-13-2009, 10:35 AM
As I've never tried Pork Roll or Spam.....I've decided that I'm going to do my own, impartial tase test on both. I'm currently working on my grading system and will post when I get to that point.

I do this in honor of Axel (Pork Roll) and Howie (Spam). The things I do for the men in my life...........:help:

RGeeProductions
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
And no kielbasi???? Smoked, of course.....

Jaws
01-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
And no kielbasi???? Smoked, of course.....

I was thinking the same thing.

Chris
01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Do I need to start a new kielbasa thread?
This is the best place for kielbasa in New York!!!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/nassau-meat-market-brooklyn

RGeeProductions
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
We get ours at Sikorski Meat Market on Manhattan Ave in Greenpoint.
Smoked and they make it right there. Fran can vouch for the kabonasi they make.

Precision Auto
01-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Okay: I tried both the Pork Roll and Spam and I have two items to report:

Axel: I will respect the fact that you like pork roll - I did not!
Howie: I will respect the fact that you like spam - I did not!

My days as a taste tester are over, thank you very much!! :applause:

Teds Race Tours
01-18-2009, 04:49 PM

Since I was heading to Jersey on Saturday, I had one on Saturday morning. I believe the Pork Roll sandwich helped keep us out of traffic on the way to Atlantic City.

catfish
01-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Never under estimate the power of the "pork roll"

Kevin
01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I thought it tasted like a salty hot dog. Better than Spam too.

gomodsgo
01-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Well, I went to NJ in search for the Jersey Bagel, and failed. Not a TRUE bagel in sight.

Stopped at Johnnie's in a small town on the way from Atlantic City to Vineland (to get a look at the track that once was) and tried the pork roll with breakfast (it was past noon at that point), and I didn't like it, but dawg ate it and said it wasn't bad.

Thanks, but I'll pass on the next round. LOL
Still pissed I didn't get any bagels.

Axel
01-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Kevin- you are the first person from the state of CT who "gets it."

You were not born in NJ, were you. It's really gotta be in your blood. (along with all of the cholesterol).

ModTourMan
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Well, I went to NJ in search for the Jersey Bagel, and failed. Not a TRUE bagel in sight.

Stopped at Johnnie's in a small town on the way from Atlantic City to Vineland (to get a look at the track that once was) and tried the pork roll with breakfast (it was past noon at that point), and I didn't like it, but dawg ate it and said it wasn't bad.

Thanks, but I'll pass on the next round. LOL
Still pissed I didn't get any bagels.

Keep tryin and you will find that ultimate bagel...I think you gotta head to central/north Jersey for a better chance at finding good one. Sorry you didn't enjoy the pork roll you tried with your breakfast, but it really tastes best as part of the pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich. The egg and cheese enhance the flavor of the pork roll like a good red pasta sauce enhances red wine!
It was nice to meet you on Saturday...thanks again for the cookie. It was delicious and the sugar rush kept me going all day!

chrome horn
01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Kevin- you are the first person from the state of CT who "gets it."

You were not born in NJ, were you. It's really gotta be in your blood. (along with all of the cholesterol).

OFFENDED AXEL!!!!!!:disgusted

Tooner
01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
For Howie who prefers Spam, the Monty Python Spam script:

Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!
(Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Wife: I don't like spam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

Precision Auto
01-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Tooner: Very catchy what you've posted. I'm thankful that my chair has wheels and is able to turn and turn and turn!!

My favorite book, by Dr. Seuss of course: "Green Eggs and Spam" :lol: okay, so I took a tiny bit of liberty in the title!

Axel
01-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Sorry Fran, I should have qunatified that by saying, the first person from CT to state on this thread that they enjoyed the delicacies of NJ known as Pork Roll.

I've always known you to bne a proud and loyal supporter of pork roll.

Off the hook???? :disgusted

catfish
01-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Racing season cannot get here soon enough as we are now heading towards 6 pages of "Pork Roll"tm. ROFLMAO, Mike, Monty Python is good ****, ain't it.

Jill
01-21-2009, 07:51 PM
For Howie who prefers Spam, the Monty Python Spam script:

Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
(Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Wife: I don't like spam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

AND NOW FOR YOUR FURTHER ENJOYMENT, click on the following link for the real, live Spam skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE.

Starring:
Spam Terry Jones
Michael Spam Palin (relation to Sarah Palin perhaps?)
John Spam John Spam John Spam Cleese
Graham Span Spam spam Chapman
Eric Spam Egg and Chips Idle
Terry Spam Sausage Spam Egg Spam Gilliam

chrome horn
01-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Axel- I'll let you slide only because you and Modtourman think I'm from Jersey anyways!!!!!ha

Tooner
01-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Hahaha Jill, you can tell it is the off season, at least New Smyrna is only a couple weeks away!

Howie
01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Jill. The video did it!! I had to have "Spam Spam Egg Spam Spam Egg" this morning for breakfast. Don't tell Axel ('cause he thinks I don't like Pork Roll, but a trip to Shop Rite is in order to buy some more Taylor's PR also). I really need to get to NJ to have the "real" PR Sandwich!

Tooner
01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.jerseyporkroll.com/

Sorry, had to keep it going

Jaws
01-26-2009, 08:08 PM
This post has the third most posts in the last few months. Too funny.

Alex you and your Pork Roll are very popular!

Maybe you should get you seperate space on the board!:wave::cheers:

Tooner
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
This post has the third most posts in the last few months. Too funny.

Alex you and your Pork Roll are very popular!

Maybe you should get you seperate space on the board!:wave::cheers:

I'll second that! "Axle's Porkroll Podium", and he can give a Taylor Ham Brand porkroll to the winner of the Turkey derby in victory lane at the end of the season. :cool:

Axel
01-26-2009, 09:11 PM
now you got something goin' Mike!

RGeeProductions
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
No, there will be no seperate pork roll area!!!!!
BUT
The Chrome Horn WILL sponsor the pork roll Alex gives to the winner of Turkey Derby in victory lane....LOL

catfish
01-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Maybe we should even rename the race or start a new one "The Pork Roll 250" lol, with the Taylor Ham official pace car and Axel as the honorary starter.

Tooner
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Man, we all have too much time on our hands, hahaha.

Axel
01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
No, there will be no seperate pork roll area!!!!!
BUT
The Chrome Horn WILL sponsor the pork roll Alex gives to the winner of Turkey Derby in victory lane....LOL

That would be a great tradition to start. It aint turkey, but it's all about NJ. I will have to get in touch with Jim Morton!

Tooner
01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
That would be a great tradition to start. It aint turkey, but it's all about NJ. I will have to get in touch with Jim Morton!

Just PM me and you are, it's all about the Pork Roll! :cheers:

Precision Auto
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Axel: If you are going to be presenting the winner of The Turkey Derby with a Pork Roll, you must be suitably attired.

Send me your tee-shirt size and I will be happy to contribute, from their official web site, one "Pork Roll - it's a Jersey Thing" tee shirt.

Linda :lol:

Tooner
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Axel: If you are going to be presenting the winner of The Turkey Derby with a Pork Roll, you must be suitably attired.

Send me your tee-shirt size and I will be happy to contribute, from their official web site, one "Pork Roll - it's a Jersey Thing" tee shirt.

Linda :lol:

Now that is funny Linda.

catfish
01-27-2009, 01:41 PM
http://njtreats.com/images/6.png

Linda is this a new venture ?

Precision Auto
01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Catfish: Love the Avatar and the new "Case's Pork Roll" At the rate they are eating it in New Jersey, just might have to look into that! May be an off-shoot of Precision Automotive!

Linda :applause:

Precision Auto
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Now that is funny Linda.

Tooner: Every now and then I can actually come up with something funny!

I'm still waiting on Axel to give me his shirt size....and, of course, if Howie and Mary are there, we'll need photos! :cheers:

Precision Auto
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Tooner and Catfish...Axel came through with his tee-shirt size, so we're on the way to having him suitably attirred for the Turkey Derby....can't wait for the pics from Howie/Mary...

Linda :applause:

Jaws
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
The history of Pork Roll...yes there is a history!

http://www.jerseyporkroll.com/what.htm

Here is NJ's # 1 place for Pork roll shipping UPS daily

http://www.porkrollxpress.com/

And lastly Pork Roll on Wixpedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll By the way Pork Roll used to be called ham but it did not meet the definition of Ham by the Food and Drug admin...lol

Enjoy...man I'm hungry.

RGeeProductions
01-28-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm feeling mighty full.....

catfish
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Kind of like Slim Jim's, your never quite sure whats in there but it tastes good

Tooner
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Kind of like Slim Jim's, your never quite sure whats in there but it tastes good

Like Turkey Roll and Hot Dogs, sometimes it's better you do not know, hahaha.

Precision Auto
01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Like Turkey Roll and Hot Dogs, sometimes it's better you do not know, hahaha.

Tooner: Amen to that! :lol:

Howie
01-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding!

100 posts about pork roll - who'da thunk it? :applause:

:cheers:a round of pork roll for everyone in the house :cheers:

Precision Auto
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding!

100 posts about pork roll - who'da thunk it? :applause:

:cheers:a round of pork roll for everyone in the house :cheers:

Howie: Can I change my portion of Pork Roll for a thick steak!! :help:

Howie
01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
One THICK pork roll steak coming up!!!

Precision Auto
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
One THICK pork roll steak coming up!!!

Geez Howie: I'm overwhelmed.....I assume that you will be doing the cooking?
:help:

bru-races
01-29-2009, 09:07 PM
there's no better hangover remedy, than a Talyor ham,egg & chesse, with spk.oh, how I miss the NJ diners!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

ModTourMan
01-30-2009, 08:01 PM
So, to review: Pork Roll is good.