PDA

View Full Version : good idea??

STU
01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Grandview always has a preseason practice day for their saturday night cars.
How about twin 30's for the enduro cars at the end of that day?
No points, $10 to enter, $100 to win, winner take all for each class.
Just a thought.

FSracer9
01-09-2009, 11:15 PM
count me in!

CJfilms
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
That is something that will have to be discussed with the promoter of Grandview himself...let me look into this some more and I will post up some ideas here first, ok?

Thanks Cory!

DerbyN8-128
01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Id be there.
my car might not be painted in time for it...
but id be there

CJfilms
01-28-2009, 08:44 AM
...Hey Cory...

I don't know why, but I just realized what you posted about the Twin 30's... $10 to enter, $100 to win, winner takes all????

Do you mean to say $10 to enter, GUARANTEED $100 to win, MORE THAN 10 CARS winner takes all?

If so...I like that idea! I know that the speedway does hold an open practice day, MARCH 28TH!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

By the way...March 28th is the date of our wedding, so you won't be able to see ANY NEETS officials there...:*-( But, maybe something can be worked out...let me work on this one!

STU
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
If you can get us a race on the 28th, I'll just be happy to be there.
My opinion, $10 to enter, winner gets half the purse, track/neets get the other half. Maybe 51% of the people leave happy HEHE.
Twin 30's
Good way for the Saturday night fans who are there to see the mods, lms etc. can see what neets is all about.
Thinking out loud again....
Cory
1x

STU
01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
will Erin mind if the wedding dinner is held in the G-view pits? HEHEHE

CJfilms
01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Cleaning my ears out for you Cory....ewww....

I do like that idea, I will discuss this with the Rogers shortly and I will post something up WAY EARLY!!!

Erin C
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
The only question I would have about this is it is open practice, but would you need a nascar licence to be able to practice? I know our races on Sundays don't require one but I don't know how their open practices run...

Just a question that should be asked so no one tows all the way up there only to find out they have to get a nascar licence. I would like to say that it probably isn't neccessary but it is better to be safe and ask the question then to be S.O.L.!!

Lol...Cory, I don't think a white dress will do well on dirt.

EnduroFromDE
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Line Up As They Come In...i Would Diffenetly Be There ...

CJfilms
01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Doing some thinking...

I think the idea of the open practice is a GOOD IDEA...I don't see why there would be any problems if anyone showed up.

Nascar license should not be required...there was a driver there for the last season's open practice day with a 4 cylinder and as far as I know he did not have a license...I'm not positive though...

Now for the bad part...I have to say NO to the Twin 30's that day...

The open practice is meant to be just that. There will be safety crews present, but most likely not prepped for an actual race. We will have no NEETS officials there (no tech, no flaggers, nobody race directing), so the event would have to be run by a NEETS representative...which isn't a bad thing, but if something happens or some one does get hurt...it's our a$$e$ and the end of NEETS at Grandview.

I will be busy later today, but I will have more to post up later...

richardpetey
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
No self-respecting NEETS promoter would miss a race practice just because of a little thing like HIS WEDDING, hehe..........................:eek:
Sorry Erin, I had to say it...................:angel:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

gutter7
01-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Grandviews open practice you do NOT need a license just $25 pit fee.
practice open to all divisions.

DerbyN8-128
01-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Id go for practice even if there was no money pay out at all. Which there SHOULDN'T be on a practice day...