PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Test

JinxNC
01-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Was told by someone supposedly "in the know" that Nascar has planned a test a Bristol for the modifieds involing 6 drivers. 3 Southern and 3 northern. Not sure of the date but the drivers are suppose to be------SOUTH: Brian Loftin, Bobby Hutchens, L.W. Miller----NORTH: Todd Szegedy(sp), Ronnie Silk, Mike Stefanik

mikel 3
01-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't agree with that type of format.Anyone who wants to go should be able to go.The teams spend all their money to build the cars to put on the show for us so let the go.Its not fair to the resr of the teams because if your not one of the special invited teams you are definately at a disadvantage. Do you really think any information gathered at the test by the chosen few will be shared with the other teams?Ya right I can just see the 79 guys calling TC to tell him the fast setup for Bristol,dream on.

ericb160
01-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Ya right I can just see the 79 guys calling TC to tell him the fast setup for Bristol,dream on.

LMAO :cheers:

Brian Hawks
01-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Feb 24th is the test date.

Jaws
01-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Feb 24th is the test date.

TC not Stefanik.

Testing will probably be for hubs, restrictor plates etc.

How cold is it in Bristol in Feb??

kinserfan11
01-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Any chance thre Mod race will be on Speed or Verus Network?:cheers:

wmass01013
01-18-2009, 07:58 AM
TC not Stefanik.

Weather for JAN

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/local/USTN0055?from=search_morecities

zoomcat
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
TC not Stefanik.

It can be very cold in Bristol in Feb, probably as cold or colder than CT.

Jaws
01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
It can be very cold in Bristol in Feb, probably as cold or colder than CT.

That will be great for testing!

Why not wait til March or April?

mattphoto
01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
darn Feb 24th that's the day after my birthday lol. can we see 11 sec times at Bristol with the mods

phillie
01-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Nascar should buy their own mod and put someone like Magic Shoes in it for the test. They have enough money and the talent behind the wheel would be perfect. It would definetly be a lot fairer than what they are going to do....

mattphoto
01-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I wonder if Bono and Gary Putnam would enter the 7ny for the bristol race

BigMac
01-25-2009, 10:19 AM
The nascar statement said all teams that show will be able to test.

RGeeProductions
01-25-2009, 11:03 AM
The nascar statement said all teams that show will be able to test.

It actually states:
"While specific teams were selected to test on the track, the session will be open for all teams from both series to attend and observe."
I would take that they can be there and watch only...but I do hope you are right and that more teams show up and get to test also...

phillie
01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
with the way the economy is right now I would think an open test session in Tennessee would be kinda silly (probably why it is not an open test session). The other thing is why don't they wait until they have a break like between Stafford and NHIS when it will be a lot warmer down there. Typical Nascar not thinking as usual.

SteveS
01-25-2009, 02:51 PM
with the way the economy is right now I would think an open test session in Tennessee would be kinda silly (probably why it is not an open test session). The other thing is why don't they wait until they have a break like between Stafford and NHIS when it will be a lot warmer down there. Typical Nascar not thinking as usual.

I questioned why not run when the cup is there for the spring race since needed personnel would be there and was told that Nascar says there are only two available dates to test that fit with all parties involved and they felt it best to take the earlier one, lest there be poor weather for the second date. Apparently with the WSMT starting early it limits choices. I work on the 2 car, but I agree it doesn't seem fair for NASCAR to dictate who comes and who doesn't. I suspect that being at night and in August that conditions and setups will change a lot. I also think that because it is just us and the trucks we should be allowed plenty of practice time in August.

BOWATCHER
01-25-2009, 07:00 PM
I thought about why not have the test the following Monday after speedweeks. It seems a good amount of teams would be headed home in that direction. I hope it doesnt end up like that spec motor test at Stafford that was excessively nondetailed. I also like the idea of magic shoes in a closed test on the weekend of the spring race run him in front of the crowds too draw interest and promote this race JMO

Tooner
01-26-2009, 01:36 AM
http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2009/wmt/news012309a.htm

EnduroFromDE
01-26-2009, 08:27 AM
mods at Bristol...bring em to Dover while they're at it!!!:drool::drool:
running 18 sec laps like the irl did a few years back...

mattphoto
01-26-2009, 12:35 PM
I can't see the mods running at dover it's to dangerous

corey17
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
I can't see the mods running at dover it's to dangerous

Bristol might not be any better.

Axel
01-27-2009, 08:30 AM
I don’t know anything about the factors of what makes a modified safe or not at any speed, I am just a racing fan. Seems to me that Bristol should not be too bad. It’s kinds of like Wall, but about a ¼ of a mile bigger. I am most concerned about Bristol being a crash fest than anything.

As long as no one in our family loses our jobs, I plan on being there. Should be an interesting race and might be a nice summer camping vacation.

kinserfan11
02-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Hopefully the race will be on Speed?:cheers:

mattphoto
02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
that would be cool

ThE sHaDoW
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I'll add my 2 cents to this.

The early date was probably selected to allow Hoosier time to make the tires for this race.

LiquidBread
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey sHaDoW, welcome back. You had a whole bunch of us TRUE fans (rhymes with no ulterior agenda) wondering if you were in the witness protection program...

LiquidBread
02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=LiquidBread;117429]Hey sHaDoW, welcome back. You had a whole bunch of us TRUE fans (rhymes with no ulterior agenda) wondering if you were in the witness protection program...Edit: so this doesn't come off wrong, truly welcome back. I know that a few made life interesting for a while, and screw ignorance. I for one missed your contribution. Beers at 11 and more folks are behind you than you may know.

oleblue
02-13-2009, 01:38 PM
:wave:if we go down to bristol on the 24th will we be able to get into the track and watch testing. thanks bobby

SteveS
02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
:wave:if we go down to bristol on the 24th will we be able to get into the track and watch testing. thanks bobby

Bobby,
When they have the test at Loudon anybody is welcome, I suspect it will be the same for the Bristol test. You might try e-mailing Jason Cunningham at jcunningham@nascar.com to verify.

Howie
02-13-2009, 06:23 PM
A while back the NASCAR press release on the front page of thechromehorn stated - "While specific teams were selected to test on the track, the session will be open for all teams from both series to attend and observe." If there will be a grandstand open or pits only, it didn't say.

corey17
02-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I'll get in touch with Wayne Estes at Bristol and find out, i'm alomst positive the grandstands will be open.

corey17
02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
From Wayne Estes, the VP/Communications & Events at Bristol Motor Speedway:

"Hello Corey,Yes, we expect significant interest in this test, and we will have media around at lunchtime, so yes, the grandstands will be open, most likely the back straightaway, possibly turn three (near the crossover gate).I know I have significant interest!!!!Wayne Estes"

ThE sHaDoW
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey sHaDoW, welcome back. You had a whole bunch of us TRUE fans (rhymes with no ulterior agenda) wondering if you were in the witness protection program...

it's good to be back.