PDA

View Full Version : Raceway Park Road Course Enduro

CJfilms
01-21-2009, 09:16 AM
So...anyone know how to turn RIGHT????

Details found here:
http://www.racewaypark.com/news/rcenduro09.html

You will be seeing some of your favorite NEETS officials giving Chris Winter, the promoter of this enduro, a helping hand this weekend...

If you would like to see more events like this, go give him a play! If you don't have a car put together for this event, at least give him your butt in the stands! The racing community needs support in any manner you can give! On the official's side of the events, we help each other out since we're all in it for the same reason...GREAT RACING!!! So come on out this weekend and learn how to turn RIGHT!!!

Gates open at 8:00am
Practice starts at 9:00am
$100 to Pre-Register car
$25 at gate for drivers
$15 at gate for Crew
$ 8 at gate for spectators
10 and under Free
4 cylinder Races 11:00am-1:00pm
V6/V8 Races 1:30pm-3:30pm

Email Chris directly here: etownroadcourse@aol.com

See you bright and early Saturday!

Erin C
01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend because as the wedding date draws nearer I am finding fewer and fewer days to get things done that should have been done a while ago!! :help::help::help:

Let the countdown continue ... 66 days :help::drool::eek:

NJ Chick
01-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Here is a little update from the Wall forum:

http://www.usa50.com/DisplayMsg.asp?ForumID=32&Msgid=941647&page=1

The gates will open a little bit earlier, 7:00 a.m....:eek: Gotta set a 4 alarmer for this one! Also, don't forget you will need a scorer for this event but the good new is, all scorers will be in a heated tent...SWEET!:)

See you there!:wave: (Sorry you won't be there Erin:()

EnduroFromDE
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
from what i been hearing you are looking at atlease 150 cars between both classes...:applause::applause::applause:
I will be there, with out a car but there to get an idea on what to expect the next time...good luck to all that run...:cheers::cheers::cheers:

EnduroFromDE
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
speaking of Wall, i just glanced at the Wall Speedway site and theres hints of racing in 2009:drool::drool::drool:...anyone know about this...?:confused::confused::confused:
http://www.nj.com/forums/monmouth/index.ssf?artid=19628 just found this too...

Tracy87BB
01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Jim Morton was at Motorsports 2009 in Atlantic City this past weekend. Yes, Wall is expected to run in 2009. I expect the schedule will be released shortly.

Erin C
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I wanted to say an "attaboy" to the Howie, Petey, Mike team...I heard you did very well and Joe didn't have enough good things to say about Mikey O!!! He said he drove the s*** out of that car and did great!

Sorry I couldn't be there but again, I had wedding preparation to take care of!! Great job guys!!!

EnduroFromDE
01-25-2009, 12:24 AM
anyone have the results from the race...i had to leave after the 2nd segment...:mad::mad::mad:
race took forever i thought it would of been done by 3:30...damn red flags:mad::mad::mad:

pappywrench
01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
The 43 team, , captained by the legendary Uncle Petey, drove thier hearts out. It was announced over the radio that Mike :cheers:O. made a pass for the lead on the last lap. But the victory fell short, not by one of the lengendary D.Q,s that plauges Petey, but the pen of some creative :mad:scoring. I think all in attendence will agree to that. I hope the people at Raceway were taking notes as to all the things that need to be addressed. :help:I guess thats why drag racers only go in a straight line. We saw what happens when you throw them a curve:wave:

32danfs
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
the race was a blast!! i can't wait to race there again. you know, i hope that petey doesn't get to upset. from what i heard his own scorer had him a lap down. regardless, his team drove a great race, and next time they should have the amb system up, and no one will be a victom of creative scoring.

pappywrench
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
:confused:I saw on the Wall forum the 55 got the win on lowest average lap times. I always thought it was who crossed the line first on the lead lap. Did I miss something??? Must be the way drag racers do it. Hope someone can clarify this. Anyone got the OFFICIAL results?

vsmidge68
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I thought it was the most laps against the clock ???????? A time race....

richardpetey
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I held off commenting on this road coarse fiasco until I cooled off a little.................................:mad:
First, let me thank my teammates Hollywood Howie, Steve Fox and the "driving decimal"(too-tense) for their outstanding job piloting "Christine".................................:applause:
Secondly, the novelty of driving a road coarse with an enduro car was an extraordinary experience to say the least, I thank Chris and his staff for staging such a fun event.........................:cheers:
But thats where the good stuff ends! The scoring procedures , line-up between segments, long red flags and method of dead car removal from the track left much to be desired.......................:disgusted
The biggest travesty was the scoring procedures, apparently the people running this race didn't have a clue how to police the hand scoring of a race...........................:confused:
I, personally, walked into the scoring tent(which shouldn't have been allowed) and watched an individual scorer write down a lap time when their driver wasn't anywhere near the start/finish line.....................:help:
We had four drivers and it was easy to see who were the cars to beat because, when your teammates were out practicing, you could physically time any cars laps and compare lap times with your car/driver....................;)
The order in which the cars were sent out onto the track in-between segments was a joke...............:(
I broke my a$$ driving through the pack to get into the top three in the first segment only to have my next driver start farther back in his segment than I started in the my segment............................:disgusted
I was under the assumption that under all mandatory competition yellows(driver changes) that your car was returned to the track in the position you held when the yellow/red flag was shown.............................:confused:
One of the cars that suposedly finished ahead of us was in the pits changing a flat during a red flag still getting scored......WHATS UP WITH THAT..........................:eek:
Finally, when your driving through the pack, as a driver, you know who you passed and visa-versa, I can honestly say no one passed(enduro cars) the #43 car until the last segment on a slow red flag restart. Even after that screwed-up restart, our driver re- passed all the cars that got by him before he took the checkered flag................................:)
Congrats to the #55 car, he was every bit our equal on the track but I still believe their win was based on incorrect scoring information and faulty line- ups before each segment........................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Geno
01-26-2009, 07:55 AM
“Official” win or not, great job guys!:D

CJfilms
01-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Just for clarification purposes...

I was there at this enduro to aid and assist Chris as much as possible. I gave him suggestions and ideas, I was not there to tell him 'do this' or 'do that'. I did what he asked of me and when he said no to my idea, I left it at that...it was his event.

I was wearing the same blue track official sweat shirt as the rest of the crew...but I was in (AND AM STILL IN) no position to make a call or state anything official.

Chris did a great job. This was the first event of it's kind at raceway park and for the first one...it went well.

Did anyone get hurt? ...no...or at least nothing major...
Did the ambulance come onto the track at any time? No.
Did anyone have to be pulled out of a car? No...unless there were some people helping them between race segments!!!
Did anyone leave on a strecher? No.

Aside from a few issues here and there, the day went pretty well. Chris needs to get the AMB system in place to relieve SOME tensions that may arise, but we all know that even the transponders are not perfect either...

Line-ups need to be handled a bit more intensly...but that part is on the DRIVERS as well...when the 4 cylinders are lined up BEFORE the V6/V8's there is going to be a problem... I don't know why that has to be said and reannounced at EACH event...if you are starting in the back...WAIT! The first cars out need to be able to get to the front of the pack...that is what slows up line-ups...

As for the between segments pit stops...that was a problem that Chris was going to have no matter what... People lined up their equipment where ever, then when their car wasn't anywhere near that spot, the crew rushed onto pit road to try to move the gear before the cars came in... Why, crew members, WHY??? Why don't you understand the term KEEP PIT ROAD CLEAR!!! I smacked a few people with my flags because they were walking through traffic like dopes not even looking at what was coming...or worse yet running through the people who were waiting for traffic to pass and jumping out between cars... Chris, if you host another enduro as such, one big suggestion...if the crew members are in pit road before they are told they can do so...the car should start in the back. It is not fair to the crews that do wait and be patient...especially when they have just as much work cut out for them.

As for hand scoring...well, at any event as most of you already know...it's not the fastest car or fastest time that wins a hand-scored race...it's the best scorer... Cindy scored for Petey/Fox/Dr. D/.2, IF she messed anything up...it was that she was being completely honest. After hand scoring for as long as she has...we should all know for a fact that the times she submitted were as honest as Abe... I learned a little trick or two from the first time I ever hand scored a race...just put the driver down a second on each lap, after XX laps, they are up a whole lap... The final...TRUE...results need time to be calculated. That way, when you see every other car ran a thirty minute segment and one(two) car(s) ran 31 or 32 minutes...then you can tell who cheated...or better yet, when they ran 22 laps when the average was 17 laps per segment...or...55 second laps while the average was a minute plus...

You cannot expect Chris, myself or any other race promoter to come up with official results directly after a hand scored event...it will take time to calculate...time to re-calculate...time to check the numbers...time to compare... Chris is surely learning right now how much time is in fact involved AFTER the big event is over and done with... Don't hassle him for results. He will posted them up once he knows for sure. If he sends me anything with official results I will post it up here on the NEETS forum.

The event went well for the first of it's kind, I would like to see more events as such. I hope Chris will consider having more events...unless he did finally rip all his hair out...been there, done that...why do you think I practically shave my head now?!?!?!?

Congrats Chris! Job well done.

richardpetey
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Lets face it!.............:rolleyes: The enduro road coarse was a novelty at best and thats where the fun ends.......................:lol:
The rest of the fiasco was unorganized chaos without any interest in correcting it...............:disgusted
The definition of a race is a speed competition with the winner being the one who reaches a designated place FIRST.................;)
There was more attention paid to having the race than who, how, or why it was won...................:(
You can have a FEW "issues" but they must be rectified in the end in order to be fair to all the contestants.....................:help:
Joe, you don't have to clarify anything ...............they do...............:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
01-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Well here somthing GOOD that came out of this enduros...:rolleyes:
Some good shots from K.D.Irwin
http://news.southjerseydirtracing.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ForumID=194&Page=1&MsgID=19012
:applause::applause::applause: