View Full Version : Track conditions

STU
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Does Neets have any say on how the track is prepared
(dry/slick, tacky etc.)?

CJfilms
01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes.

At the first event, we pretty much requested the track prepared to the regular racing conditions...that proved to be too slippery.

At the Frankenduro, I was personally walking the surface to decide whether the track was too slippery or too tacky...

I will personally make sure before the race, that means EACH INDIVIDUAL RACE, if the track will need more water or dry time... The crew at Grandview is very knowledgeable in what they do to get the track to the right conditions...If I tell them it is too tacky, they will already know so just by the way the water truck is handling around the turns.

Last year was a learning experience...we needed to literally 'play the field' and see what was too wet and what was too dry. Now we (NEETS officials) are a little more in tuned to how track conditions will affect the race and what needs to be done to get the track to the desired condition.

Condition! ...did I say that enough times? Thanks for the word of the day Cory!

STU
01-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Maybe the drivers should have a say.
Anyone have an opinion?

EnduroFromDE
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM
voting??? i can tell u how that would go...
6/8 (my guess being mainly rear wheel drive) would want the track nice and tacky, to slide around the turns faster
4 cyl (again my guess mostly fwd) would like to see mostly dry atlease when the track starts to clear from some cars, since its harder to get grip, it would be like driving on ice...as we seen for most of the first race....
but me personally would like some wetness at first, you know to have fun sliding around and then dry out so we can get down to racing...maybe i should put my e-brake back in...:D:D or just disconnect the front right brake

richardpetey
01-22-2009, 02:45 AM
After the knowledgeable crew at Grandview paves the hill I'm sure the track conditions will be just right.............................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

STU
01-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I like the dry/slick. It will give my little 6 cyl FWD a better chance.

DerbyN8-128
01-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I've seen Saturday night races at Grandview get VERY bumpy coming out of the turns and even in the front stretch. As long as those bumps aren't in the track...anything works for me. But as stated, being that I run small cars, traction would be nice