PDA

View Full Version : Car Setup Help...

EnduroFromDE
01-27-2009, 09:51 AM
:help::help::help: :help::help::help:
this will be my first time racing a FWD on dirt, im used to RWD on dirt but is way different. can anyone shoot some tips as far as suspension/tires on the way to go... I going to be running a cavalier 4cyl FWD. I can litterlly lift the back end off the ground so i need a way to keep the back end under me...any help would be wonderfull...thanks

richardpetey
01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
The set-up on a FWD car is almost directly opposite from a RWD racecar on dirt...................:help:
Your crossweight is LF and RR because of the front drive/steering................................:confused:
Most of them push like a dump truck on a dry/slick track..............:rolleyes:
Since NEETS rules don't let you play around with springs/shocks too much, you gotta use tire sizes/air pressures to free it up..........................:disgusted
If you have a E-brake handle in the center of the front seats you can grind the teeth off the rachet assembly and use it loosen up the a$$ end without hitting the brake pedal....................:)
You can get way more information by going to Sleepy Gomez's site: www.ovaltracktechforum.com and check his FWD Q and A section.............................:applause:
Hope this helps a little.....................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks R.P.
no offence, but this aint going to get be DQ'ed is it...?:lol::lol:
but i know about weight dist. but dont think thats poss in NEETS as far as therule book. I noticed nothing in the rules about brakes...some tracks require all 4 working brakes...is there a rules here about that...?:help::help:
i thought of the ebrake about 10 mins after a cut the cable and broke the handle...and i dont feel like buying or installing a new one...but i might have to...
Thanks alot...and congrates on you teams second place(1st, but whos counting??:rolleyes:) at Raceway Park:applause::applause:

DerbyN8-128
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the parking brake idea

pv18
02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I would be happy to help you out with basic direction for set up. Although I have very limited experience on dirt, I do have some ideas on how to make a FWD turn legally.

Pat Verwys - pv3277@yahoo.com