PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear or Hoosier? Whats the story?

KyleMac45
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
SO I heard from a reliable source that when the NASCAR WMT goes to NASCAR Sprint Cup events they will have to you use Goodyear Tires! Thats pretty shocking if you ask me... AND if NASCAR does this tires like planned will they bs using Hoosier or Goodyear? If they use Goodyear that would be a unfair and a disadvantage to the rest of the WMT.

Has anybody heard anything?

Kyle

kja819
02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't shock me in the least. The cup guys are always crying that the Hoosier rubber messes up there set ups. I thought they were supposed to be the best of the best. And with the limited practice the Mods get on those weekends I think it wouldn't be fair but everyone would be in the same boat....... So I guess that makes it fair :lol:

W. J.
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
The VERY different compounds are what cause the problems. Being the 'Big Brothers' in this act gives NASCAR the right to mandate a different tire. I commend them for doing so, since I doubt anyone has any intention of using up their old Hoosiers at these events. All the WMT teams would be buying new tires anyway, so it's no big deal.

hollywoodmic
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
It's no "big deal" unless you're Hoosier who stepped up and supported this Series when Goodyear backed out. Why should the Hoosier Tire dealers from the North and the South loose money for the Tours' biggest events?? The question is : Is NASCAR going to compensate Hoosier Tire Dealers for potentially loosing this revenue?? If you start 40 cars at each event and each team takes a minimum of 8 tires you're looking at almost 1000 tires. No knock on the tire distributors but they aren't doing this for $10.00 per tire profit so who replaces their money lost??? When was the last time Goodyear built a Modified tire?? Perhaps it'll be like Indy was for the Cup cars last year, 10 laps......pit......10 laps......wreck. I think "our" Hoosier Tire guys are getting a raw deal here. At the end of the day whoever does it just make a safe tire for Bristol and NHMS.

KyleMac45
02-04-2009, 10:28 PM
"NO BIG DEAL" Are you kidding me?! I dont commend NASCAR at all... B/c if they go through with that Tire test and Goodyear is used BIG problems will be created... WHo cares what they have to buy... WMT hasn't run a Goodyear tire in HOW MANY YEARS?!

Kyle

witchin8
02-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Dont the ARCA boys run Hoosier? So at the tracks that they run w/ NASCAR will this cause a problem too. I think big mistake.

KyleMac45
02-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree with you Eric! If they make WMT run Goodyear them why dont they make the boys over at ARCA run em also... It would only befair!

Kyle

1rko
02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
To my understanding, ARCA usually doesn't run the same weekend the Cup/Nationwide cars run at a specific track. Unless I'm mistaken...

I think this would be a bad move especially because not only will it be giving our Hoosier boys the shaft because that should be money in their pockets, but it also will be a big setback for the teams. As stated before, many of the teams that show up to race nowadays weren't around when the Tour was running Goodyear. I also think it's a bad move because I don't hold a very high opinion on Goodyear given their recent problems they presented on the Cup scene. Personally, I think Goodyear tires are crap.

Blown tires, wreck racecars, along injured and unhappy drivers took alot away from the good racing that could have been. After last year's finish with TC and Hossfeld along with the Tour's struggle to get the recognition and publicity it deserves at its biggest shows, taking away from good racing is something the Tour really can't afford right now.

witchin8
02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
ARCA runs the Dyatona race same weekend as NASCAR Practice and shootout.... Both Pocono events... a Michigan event.... a Kansas event.... plus a few more I cant remember...

I still say BS to this.

worm
02-05-2009, 11:47 AM
goodyear is working on abigger and wider tire for cup right now,mod tire may be the same

mikel 3
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
If goodyear is working on a wider tire it won"t be the same tire that the WMT will use.Cup tires are radials ,wmt are a biased ply tire no way they can use them.I really hope this is just a rumor if its true its just another case of nascar screwing the small guy again.

catfish
02-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Hollywoodmic hit it right on the head, Hoosier has alot invested and even as dumb as Nascar is they cannot do that to a loyal supplier