PDA

View Full Version : NSS Preditions

MJProcko
02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Time to get a little excitement and chatter going, after all, the World Series is getting started this Friday at New Symyrna Speedway. That means it’s time for the “ Mikey the Ukrainian’s” NSS predictions. WARNING – Tour modified predictions will be last so you’ll have to sit through the predictions of some fendered type cars first.

The late model class is a little light and pretty much all local but AJ Currelli and Jessica Murphy will be the main contenders to dethrone Derrick Kelley but I’m giving the edge to Kelley.

The SK’s are very slim but leave no doubt Jimmy Blewitt will take down almost all the “heat-like” features. Look for Kenny Horton or Frank Ruocco to maybe steal a win if the #12 has trouble. I’ll be interested to see how Bobby Grigas’s sk operation goes and good to see the Zacharias down - probably getting ready for the New Shangra-la perhaps? Also of interest is a throwback for the old timers having a Arute #14 mod out there. I don’t see them listed on the Stafford website as competing this season so anyone know of this effort?

As always it’s good to see the Bobby Judkin’s 2x out there in the FL mods with grandson and WMT star Ryan Preece behind the wheel but as in most years this will probably come down to the trio of Tank Tucker, Jerry Symons and Lee Collins and if they avoid the destruction of last year I see Symons back on top. They are only running trough Wed. this year.

The ASA/Crate Late Models have the biggest field this year and seems to be the current wave in short track racing in this economy. There are cars from all over the country listed including some pretty big names. This is tough to predict but I believe when the carnage is complete that Patrick Leperle will outlast Thor Anderson, Landon Cassill and Chaz Anderson. Also keep an eye on Eric Chase, Joey Pole and Dave Wagner. This is really going to be a tough one to win.

The SLM are a little light on the Big names this season but Tim Russell is the hottest driver in the field at this time and should beat out Jack Landis and Jeff Choquette for the title. Look for Wayne Anderson to get a win or two and keep an eye on Johanna Long, she has a lot of backing right now and turned in a fine 4th up at speedfest. David Rogers may hit victory lane also as he's had a few decent runs of late.

The Modifieds have over a dozen cars that could easily take down a win this year making it real tough to predict. I’m taking Chuck Hossfeld to take the point crown but don’t be surprised if someone who just hangs out in the top 5to take the crown. With competition this close there are going to be some battles for the lead that go wrong…. I like Ronnie Silk to take the Richie Evans Memorial. I also see a couple wins for Jimmy along with one for Teddy, Matt Hirschman, Ryan Preece and possible Louie Mechalides. Look for strong runs from Eric Goodale, Bobby Grigas, Pete Jarvis and John McKennedy too.

Looking forward to Friday – dress warm!

RichKeator
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
as for the 14 car of Wayne Arute... he races weekly at WATERFORD... actually its normally an Xmod and toward the end of the year it was turned into an Sk

mattphoto
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I would say TC is going to have a great Speedweek

SHREK
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Joey Pole didn't go, I have been told

SHREK

MJProcko
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Joey Pole didn't go, I have been told

SHREK

Too bad, I always look forward to see how the northern LM guys run against the southern ones.

KyleMac45
02-05-2009, 07:20 PM
GOOOOO $HOWTIME!!!!!!!!! Jimmy Blewett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers::D:p

TonyP
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Jimmy Blewett in SK Ronnie Silk tuesday thru Friday in tour modifieds

bud
02-06-2009, 06:55 AM
TC will take it all

limodmaniac
02-06-2009, 07:40 AM
If he is racing the entire series, I have to go with Matt Hirschman!

MJProcko
02-06-2009, 09:29 AM
LIM,

I didn't see New Symyrna on your schedule... I'm concerned, you feelin' ok? just kiddin'.

I would have predicted Matt but I'm not sure as to what the resources are with this 59 team. If he had all the 59's at his disposal still (other than Cramner's) I'd say he was the odds on favorite. Maybe a real good showing could convince someone to get behind this teams effort for the season and perhaps allow the family car to fill in the gaps. Unless ofcourse one of the other top rides open up.

limodmaniac
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Never have made it down to New Symrna.. It will be a retirement present... Sure hope they will still be running the mods when that happens. Until then, it's killing me that I'm not there.

As for the 59, I've seen that car run fast at many tracks.. Might have something to do with the driver!!!!

Go get them Matty!!

9nhmod
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
almost time to go

Rabbit504
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Ryan Preece in the 2x will win at least 2 races and maybe the championship.

ericb160
02-06-2009, 02:42 PM
If he is racing the entire series, I have to go with Matt Hirschman!

Thats my pick also.. I think Newman will do good monday and tuesday.

oleblue
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
big fan of chuck hossfeld so i predict the 22 will kick some butt , go get them chuck

ModTourMan
02-06-2009, 07:47 PM
ahh...it's that time again! I have never been in person - I've come close to making the trip several times - but my blood always gets pumping when the the Mods hit New Symyrna Speedway to start another racing season. Like everybody else, my day-to-day life changes and evolves throughout each year and sometimes things get too busy and stressful. Sometimes it's easy to forget the great times life offers. Just about the time it all starts to wear me down the roar of the Modifieds comes back into my life and like a moth to flame, I'm drawn back into this sport I love so much.
Best of luck to all at New Symyrna Speedway and here's to a great 2009 season for all owners, drivers, crews and fans! I know things are tough for some this year, but get out there and treat yourself to a race or two if you can...you deserve it! If you can't, be thankful we have a web site like this to get our Modified racing fix. Lets enjoy this racing season!

9nhmod
02-06-2009, 08:02 PM
well put modtourman! :applause: