PDA

View Full Version : New Smyrna (Night #1)

KickinAsphalt
02-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Congrats to Showtime on winning the Open/Tour Type AND the SK races tonight ...

Seems the hero/villian met up yet again, hmmm....

Sounded like alot of torn up equipment tonight...

Hope all the drivers are ok...

Gonna be some thin fields come weeks end if that doesn't change...

Modifiedthunder
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Congrats to Showtime on the winning the Open/Tour Type race ...
Seems the hero/villian met up yet again, hmmm....
Sounded like alot of torn up equipment tonight...
Hope all the drivers are ok...
Gonna be some thin fields come weeks end if that doesn't change...

Yes but with worse results this time!!:disgusted

What a joke 1 hour for a 25 lap race!!:lol:

By the end of the week there will be only 12 to 15 car's left!!:rolleyes:

Jaws
02-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I know when you get in that race car the ouside world fades away but in these tough times to be destroying all these race cars night 1 is just crazy.

On another note 26 tour type mods in this tough time is amazing!

Lets see how many left the last night!

RichKeator
02-07-2009, 08:31 AM
It was posted during the live updates that Preece's tour car was pretty tore up and that they were done for the rest of the week.... would have been really nice to see that car in one piece up in these neck of the woods

RaceMa
02-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Welcome To The Jungle!

Modifiedthunder
02-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Its a shame its always like this down there year after year just think if it was not a crash fest maybe the teams that would show up it could be one hell of a week.

numonemodfan
02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
what a shame, hope there are enough car for the end of the week

"showtime", your supposed to go around the other cars....not through them
maybe nobody told you

Sicklajoie
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Who's the race director??
Oh wait, let me guess.............

MJProcko
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Well Night one down and it wasn't pretty. After the reduced to 15 laps green to checker SK feature it was 12:45 am and the Explorer is warming in the parking lot. The somewhat dissapointing evening made for a long 2 hour trip home and despite sitting in 40 degree tepms all night I still got to be at the races, with Modifieds! So life could be worse.

The Good:
Seeing the Ryan Preece modified repainted to the legendary red 2x. (wish I hadn't forgot my camera as we probably won't be seeing it for the rest of the week).
A full field of Mods including enough quality cars that any of a half dozen or so could easily pull off the win.
The mod racing early inbetween the wrecks and some good outside passes for the lead.
a pretty good field of Crate LM that made for the best race of the night.
just being at the races is good.

The Bad:
The racing overall. recap:
The LM race was lackluster at best but by far not the worse.
The FL mods were decimated after the first lap wreck took out most of the heavy hitters, a battered Lee collins coming through the field was the only excitement.
The lack of top cars in the SLM race left it a four car freight train after a the first few laps, until Tim Russel broke anyways. Landis coming from the back was the only excitement.
Then the Mods came out and the battles among the the top 10 were great - for a couple laps at a time. guys like Butch Perry, Pete Jarvis and Jimmy Zacharias had the right idea just cruising around the back and came away with top 10's. Bobby Fuller was real strong. Johnny Kay looked pretty decent until something broke and hit the wall a ton. - scary.
The SK's were shortened to 15 laps with the only excitement being when Horton and Grigas getting by Zacharias to try get close enough to see the rad paint job on the 12 of Blewitt, at least I think it was #12 because there is so much going on between the flames, checkers, and prisim tape etc. the number gets lost. (It amazes me how many short track cars that look good up close yet you can't read the number or sponsors on the track).

The Ugly:
Mod officiating.
who's left, I'm not going to go back until the 50 lapper, hopefully things will settle down by then.

Brian Hawks
02-07-2009, 03:09 PM
what a shame, hope there are enough car for the end of the week

"showtime", your supposed to go around the other cars....not through them
maybe nobody told you

Hard to drive through someone when you are door to door...

Always Blewetts fault, but who ends up with the pretty flag at the end?

RichKeator
02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
well... on a positive note, Im watching NASCAR LIVE on SPEED and about 10 min ago I saw a nice piece on The World Series Of Asphalt Racing. They actually showed some mods and had a little interview with SHOWTIME and Joe Lewandowski

numonemodfan
02-07-2009, 03:44 PM

take off the blindfold you might be able to figure it all out

he is such a class act

Brian Hawks
02-07-2009, 04:14 PM
As soon as you can tell me how you can drive through a guy when you are side by side racing with him I'll take my blindfold off.

Christopher wrecked someone and got black flagged.

Hossfeld wrecked someone...

Let's go.. Showtime wins and he is ALWAYS the bad guy.

Modfan14
02-07-2009, 05:00 PM
plain and simple blewett is a first class a-hole....

RGeeProductions
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
You know, it is what it is.
Start the name calling, whether you are there or not and I will start taking things down here!!!!

numonemodfan
02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
As soon as you can tell me how you can drive through a guy when you are side by side racing with him I'll take my blindfold off.

Christopher wrecked someone and got black flagged.

Hossfeld wrecked someone...

Let's go.. Showtime wins and he is ALWAYS the bad guy.

stop with the "side by side" at some point your going to be "side by side" its all in how you got "side by side"......

all i'm saying is has he ever passed someone without touching the other car??????
anyone can get in a fast car and bash their way around people and win, what is the SKILL in that?

and when you dive bomb someone into the corner you are "side by side" with the other car, however that is still going through someone....that is how
obviously you were not at the turkey derby

listen, there is a right way and a wrong (and sometimes dangerous) way to drive he does the latter way!!!!! too much
can't respect that kind of driver
NO WAY

Sicklajoie
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM
There's a pic of a not-too-happy Mrs. Hirschman talking to the "winner."
What was that all about?

RichKeator
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Bob Dillner said on NASCAR live before the ARCA wreck fest that there was a little "fight" in victory lane...

RGeeProductions
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
There's a pic of a not-too-happy Mrs. Hirschman talking to the "winner."
What was that all about?

And this is an issue of some kind to point out?
I really don't see any problem there...

Howie
02-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Bob Dillner said on NASCAR live before the ARCA wreck fest that there was a little "fight" in victory lane...

Actually he said there was a "fight" over a parking place in the infield before the haulers were even parked. And... he said there was an "argument" in victory lane.

kinserfan11
02-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Who won the Arca Racer? As long it was not that Logano:mad:

RGeeProductions
02-07-2009, 07:16 PM
ARCA finish (http://timing1.arcaracing.com/)
BTW, there is a thread on the ARCA race...

SMK
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Just curious if you thought Jimmy was "door to door" with Billy Weichert at the Turkey Derby??? Or did you see that as clean hard racing??? I'm very interested to hear your reply.

MJProcko
02-09-2009, 08:50 PM
jimmy would have gotten to the door of Matt Friday night but Matt's rear bumper got in the way. But in Jimmys defense while Matt was climbing the catch fence he did get to Matts door.

Brian Hawks
02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I was not at the derby. But did talk to several people there.. They all said Jimmy tried to pass the guy several times and he was blocking. Tired to wiggle him and got hooked and it was a pretty bad crash. And if my memory serves me correctly Jimmy took the blame.. said he got hooked and he didn't mean to.

When he passed Matt for that win... That's racing... REAL racing.. not this Sprint Cup CRAP. It's a banked short track.. if you can make the pass make it.. He didn't wreck him...

As far as the NSS wreck.. I'm looking for a video.. Show me and I'll make my fair judgment. I make all my judgment from my opinion on the 59. And I think Blewett made a good point on Speed51.com about it.

Rabbit504
02-10-2009, 05:51 AM
And I think Blewett made a good point on Speed51.com about it.

I'll second that!!!