PDA

View Full Version : ARCA Daytona

RGeeProductions
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Ed Kennedy finished 6th at Daytona in ARCA action.
Logano finished 2nd.

RichKeator
02-07-2009, 06:16 PM
wow you beat me too it! lol

I hope the 2 drivers that got cut outta the cars are ok... TV showed the one man waving.... never really showed the other car though

chrome horn
02-07-2009, 07:03 PM
they just announced both are conscious and alert. Transported to a nearby hospital

RGeeProductions
02-07-2009, 07:24 PM
ARCA finish (http://timing1.arcaracing.com/)

kinserfan11
02-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Good anyone BUT Lagono :mad:

Jaws
02-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Looked like it was a race at New Symrna. Crazy race.

They always destroy bunches of cars there.

cndnj1
02-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Does ARCA make these guys use spotters? how about brakes? Everytime ARCA is on a super speedway alot of these guys drive a half a lap to drive into another car under caution. You never see this kind of wreck in CUP or all the way down to the Modifieds. Just seems to happen here in ARCA the most.

Jaws
02-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Does ARCA make these guys use spotters? how about brakes? Everytime ARCA is on a super speedway alot of these guys drive a half a lap to drive into another car under caution. You never see this kind of wreck in CUP or all the way down to the Modifieds. Just seems to happen here in ARCA the most.

Every year at least 1 major incident because someone hits someone 10 seconds after the wreck is over.

THere must have been 3 wrecks that just kept going yesturday.

leftturnjohnny
02-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Just for safety reasons these guys ARCA should be pulled off super speedways !!! The $$$ spent by these teams on the super speedways could be better utilized at other tracks during the year...That was awful and plain terrifying to watch....Glad driver's are OK

mikel 3
02-08-2009, 11:49 AM
They should really take a good look at this series and probably change the way they do things.First there is no real requirements as far as the driver goes if you show up you drive or at leastthat is the way it seems.Just look at how many rookies or people you have never even heard of that were in the race.The big reason for this is also the cost to race .The market became flooded with ex sprint cup cars when the cup went to the wonderful cot car.I heard that you could buy a superspeedway car for less than ten grand because there were so many cars around.This created a fairly cheap way for an awful lot of people the chance to race at Daytona when they really should n't because of their lack of experiance.I realize that they have to get speedway experiance but Daytona isn't the place to do it.Yesterdays race is a prime example.

TourFan Ed
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Congratulations to Ralph Solhelm and Ed Kennedy for surviving the wrecks and getting a great sixth place finish.

Jaws
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
They should really take a good look at this series and probably change the way they do things.First there is no real requirements as far as the driver goes if you show up you drive or at leastthat is the way it seems.Just look at how many rookies or people you have never even heard of that were in the race.The big reason for this is also the cost to race .The market became flooded with ex sprint cup cars when the cup went to the wonderful cot car.I heard that you could buy a superspeedway car for less than ten grand because there were so many cars around.This created a fairly cheap way for an awful lot of people the chance to race at Daytona when they really should n't because of their lack of experiance.I realize that they have to get speedway experiance but Daytona isn't the place to do it.Yesterdays race is a prime example.

I think there were 21 rookies in the field. Ouch!

ericb160
02-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I think there were 21 rookies in the field. Ouch!

HOLY SH&^ :help: